Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Etihad Rail - Trainee Train Driver jobs

Etihad Rail - Trainee Train Driver jobs

Old Sep 7th 2014, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

ifi_ali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Etihad Rail - Trainee Train Driver jobs

Hi there everyone

I'm new to this forum and after some help

I'm currently employed with Arriva Trains Wales and have been for over 7 years.

I'm very keen on working for Etihad Rail as a Train Driver and would really appreciate on any help in getting this job position if possible.

All help and feedback will be greatly appreciated

MANY THANKS
Old Sep 7th 2014, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etihad Rail - Trainee Train Driver jobs

Did you read this:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/middl...fa-uae-799324/ ?

S
Old Sep 8th 2014, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Old Aug 5th 2015, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

Dave4129 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ifi_ali
Hi there everyone

I'm new to this forum and after some help

I'm currently employed with Arriva Trains Wales and have been for over 7 years.

I'm very keen on working for Etihad Rail as a Train Driver and would really appreciate on any help in getting this job position if possible.

All help and feedback will be greatly appreciated

MANY THANKS
Hi did you find a job at Etihad Rail ?
Old Aug 6th 2015, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dave4129
Hi did you find a job at Etihad Rail ?

I haven't got the job yet as I am specifically only interested in a Trainee Train Driver position and as far as I'm aware, no such vacancy has come up 😞
Old Aug 6th 2015, 5:07 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't got the job yet as I am specifically only interested in a Trainee Train Driver position and as far as I'm aware, no such vacancy has come up 😞
Highly unlikely they'll be willing to train anyone other than an Emirati. Very few western trainees in the ME in any discipline...
Old Aug 6th 2015, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Ok thinking of applying myself but already a instructor driver for TPE ...
Good luck
Old Aug 6th 2015, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dave4129
Ok thinking of applying myself but already a instructor driver for TPE ...
Good luck
You got a much better chance if you're already qualified in that kind of role. It's probably worth contacting DB UK & advising them of your experience as they have a very big contract with Etihad Rail at the moment!

I have 8 years experience with ATW but mostly station staff based.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Highly unlikely they'll be willing to train anyone other than an Emirati. Very few western trainees in the ME in any discipline...
Thank you very much for the reply!

My long term plan is to possibly become qualified within the UK as currently I have 8 years station staff experience. But I will keep an eye on developments with Etihad Rail
Old Aug 6th 2015, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

You got a much better chance if you're already qualified in that kind of role. It's probably worth contacting DB UK & advising them of your experience as they have a very big contract with Etihad Rail at the moment!

I have 8 years experience with ATW but mostly station staff based.
Cheers for the info ...
Old Aug 7th 2015, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

If you're already a qualified driver/driver-trainer you're in with a good chance. Etihad Rail DB in Abu Dhabi are the ones to talk to here in the UAE. There are also opportunities on the North-South in Saudi with Serco-Freightliner. Both of those are heavy haul stuff, EMDs etc. Unqualified you'll have no chance as an expat alas, they need experienced drivers. The whole GCC region has projects coming online but most of the rest are paper railways at the minute.

With good rail ops experience you could also look at getting in with one of the Shadow Operators in the region in an advisory/consulting role (see industry press for who and where) which is very decent money if you have the skills/knowledge, or with somebody like the RTA's Rail Agency in Dubai. Check out railwaypeople.com, railpersonnel.com and similar sites, or just get your CV out.

There are station staff jobs aplenty with Serco in Dubai on the Metro but it's nowhere near the money at front-line level compared to what Arriva pay in the UK. Here it's predominantly Filipino staff.

Good luck.
Old Aug 7th 2015, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Standanista
If you're already a qualified driver/driver-trainer you're in with a good chance. Etihad Rail DB in Abu Dhabi are the ones to talk to here in the UAE. There are also opportunities on the North-South in Saudi with Serco-Freightliner. Both of those are heavy haul stuff, EMDs etc. Unqualified you'll have no chance as an expat alas, they need experienced drivers. The whole GCC region has projects coming online but most of the rest are paper railways at the minute.

With good rail ops experience you could also look at getting in with one of the Shadow Operators in the region in an advisory/consulting role (see industry press for who and where) which is very decent money if you have the skills/knowledge, or with somebody like the RTA's Rail Agency in Dubai. Check out railwaypeople.com, railpersonnel.com and similar sites, or just get your CV out.

There are station staff jobs aplenty with Serco in Dubai on the Metro but it's nowhere near the money at front-line level compared to what Arriva pay in the UK. Here it's predominantly Filipino staff.

Good luck.
Thank you for the information I'm in the middle of putting my CV together and will then start applying ...
Cheers dave
Old Aug 7th 2015, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Trainees will be locals. Why would they recruit drivers from UK when they can get them from India for a fraction of that cost ?
Old Aug 11th 2015, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

I heard today on the grapevine that Serco in Riyadh are still in need of drivers for diesel passenger services on the North-South. It might be worth dropping them an enquiry/CV for anybody who's keen, but again they'll be after experienced drivers who would only need to do rolling stock conversion, route knowledge, local rules & regs etc, not raw recruits/trainees. Passenger services are supposed to start in December but that depends on SAR getting the station loops put in in time.

Last edited by Standanista; Aug 11th 2015 at 1:41 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 9:19 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Standanista
I heard today on the grapevine that Serco in Riyadh are still in need of drivers for diesel passenger services on the North-South. It might be worth dropping them an enquiry/CV for anybody who's keen, but again they'll be after experienced drivers who would only need to do rolling stock conversion, route knowledge, local rules & regs etc, not raw recruits/trainees. Passenger services are supposed to start in December but that depends on SAR getting the station loops put in in time.
Will there be standing room upstairs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.