Engineering role in Dubai

Old Dec 22nd 2022, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Thefiremaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engineering role in Dubai

Hey everyone! I just received a job offer in Dubai for a company located near the Mall of the Emirates. The offer includes a base salary of 18,000 dirhams (AED), an accommodation allowance of 8,500 AED, and a travel allowance of 3,500 AED.

My wife is a dietitian with one year of experience, and we're currently trying to determine if she will be able to work immediately or if she needs to have her degree evaluated.

Regardless, we're both really excited about this opportunity and the chance to experience living in Dubai. However, I'm also a little bit nervous about whether this salary will be sufficient for our family (we have a 2.5-year-old child). I was wondering if any of you have experience living in Dubai and could give me some advice on whether this salary seems like it would be enough for a family of three, especially with my wife potentially working as well.

Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your help.