Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Doha Airport staff vetting ?

Doha Airport staff vetting ?

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Perbwright is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doha Airport staff vetting ?

Hello all,

I had a search for this on the forum but couldn't find it, so...

I've applied for a job at Doha Intl Airport working for the national carrier. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the security vetting of airport and airline staff is like?

In the UK airports, you need to supply a full 5-year history with separate references for every different period longer than two weeks. As I've had a fragmented few years I wouldn't be able to provide that number of references...

Also, does anyone know whether Qatar Airways have their own staff accomodation?

Thanks for any info
Cheers
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doha Airport staff vetting ?

They will ask for references, whether they follow up I am not sure and depending on grade or job there is staff accommodation.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Many of them are Kenyans so I wouldn't be too worried about the vetting procedure.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Be VERY, very sure you know what you're letting yourself in for prior to signing for a job with QA...
Old Jan 4th 2013, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot for the replies, much appreciated.

Originally Posted by MaserMan
They will ask for references, whether they follow up I am not sure and depending on grade or job there is staff accommodation.
Thanks, do you know if that would be for the full 5-year history or just 2-off professional references?

Be VERY, very sure you know what you're letting yourself in for prior to signing for a job with QA...
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm not allowed to PM yet but would appreciate any pointers you could give me either on or off list.

Cheers

Last edited by Perbwright; Jan 4th 2013 at 3:16 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

They were activley recruiting in Sofia during my last visit there. Mainly for flight attendants I think.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
Whys that?
Old Jan 5th 2013, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaserMan
Whys that?
Because they're regarded as one of the worst airlines to work for in the business .

Plus they treat people like dogshit
Old Jan 12th 2013, 1:34 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Because they're regarded as one of the worst airlines to work for in the business .

Plus they treat people like dogshit
Absolutely, they are in the Top 1 companies not to work for in the Middle East ...............
Old Jan 12th 2013, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

The references etc are for your airside pass in the UK - here its done on visa and passport plus photo. You'll be fine.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the further posts, much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Theseus
The references etc are for your airside pass in the UK - here its done on visa and passport plus photo. You'll be fine.
That's great to know, many thanks.