Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Concept of Expats vs. Westerners

Concept of Expats vs. Westerners

Old Oct 13th 2014, 11:31 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Concept of Expats vs. Westerners

Originally Posted by Millhouse
really????? I bet they didn't take it.
That's normally Omanis who take low level Emirate salaries... Still double what they earn in Oman.

As for OP, I've given you a fairly specific salary expectation for western expats in a specific company and industry. If you choose to ignore that and go for your reality, that is your choice.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 4:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
really????? I bet they didn't take it.
She's accepted it. She has the family book, passport, the works.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 6:14 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
She's accepted it. She has the family book, passport, the works.
in 10 years I've seen a few low paid Emiratis in the private sector, probably less than 20 in total but they do exist.

They are as rare as rocking horse shit but there are a few who actually see rising up the ranks in a professional organisation to an eventually decent salary as something to aspire to. I'm not sure whether to admire them or think they are mental. Maybe a bit of both.

On the other side I know one guy poached from a national oil company for a massive US company in Abu Dhabi, brought in on a mega salary, sent to the US for fast track board and management training etc and flat out told he would be the local MD inside 3 years who quit after 8 weeks because he actually had to do some work.