British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Bogus job offers in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/bogus-job-offers-dubai-656687/)

Daisy92 Feb 25th 2010 5:31 pm

Bogus job offers in Dubai

I have heard a report that there are more and more bogus job offers in the middle east. They trick you into believing you have a job with a fantastic package and then take all you personal details making you think they need the details for visa applications etc. This has happened to a family member of someone my mum works with and they have experienced identity fraud and bank account cloning.

My husband has recently been offered a job with *******. We have done a lot of research on the group and they look to be what they say they are. Does anyone have any information on the company??

Daisy92 Feb 25th 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Bogus job offers in Dubai

I didn't realise the company name would be deleted... how do I put the name into print?

The Dean Feb 25th 2010 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Daisy92 (Post 8374974)
I didn't realise the company name would be deleted... how do I put the name into print?

I wouldn't - reading your unedited post might imply that the named company was guilty of such bad practices. They might not like that :blink: and might call their lawyers.......

The nice people at BritishExpats.com might find themselves needing very good libel lawyers themselves...........

The Dean Feb 25th 2010 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8375074)
I wouldn't - reading your unedited post might imply that the named company was guilty of such bad practices. They might not like that :blink: and might call their lawyers.......

The nice people at BritishExpats.com might find themselves needing very good libel lawyers themselves...........

.... you have now posted enough comments to be eligible for Private Messages (see top right) - try putting it in there, and I or whoever you send it to can give you an opinion.

Autonomy Feb 25th 2010 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Daisy92 (Post 8374974)

start an unrelated post and just say your husband has joined t.h.i.s.c.o.m.p.a.n.y (with spaces or ....) and there is no legal problem surely.

unless of course it's a stupid financial partnership with a paranoia complex... in which case run away....

shiva Feb 25th 2010 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8375329)
start an unrelated post and just say your husband has joined t.h.i.s.c.o.m.p.a.n.y (with spaces or ....) and there is no legal problem surely.

unless of course it's a stupid financial partnership with a paranoia complex... in which case run away....

that would be teh cocaine fear allegedly

Daisy92 Feb 26th 2010 8:25 am

it's de v,e,r,e, group?!?!?!?!

Anyone know anything or had experience with them??

spart Feb 26th 2010 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8375329)

There is no harm in asking a legitimate question on a forum, like is *** a real company, and does anyone know them?

TGFKASE Feb 26th 2010 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Daisy92 (Post 8376783)

Oh dear...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

D.e.V.e.r.e are famous out here for being soul-destroying leechs who plague every God-fearing worker for 25% of their money to ensure their entrance to the promised land of financial security at retirement...

Barge poles... Shitty... Not with yours...

spart Feb 27th 2010 4:34 am

Just run.

lionheart Feb 28th 2010 6:12 am

I recommend that you steer well clear of them.

Meow Feb 28th 2010 9:03 am

AVOID. They do not look after their staff and don't care about clients either.

-

The Dean Mar 1st 2010 8:03 am

Ahhhh............. the PM I sent you was sent before I saw all these other replies.

So you see my point?