Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Base salaries in hospitality field in OMAN

Base salaries in hospitality field in OMAN

Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Daria1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Base salaries in hospitality field in OMAN

Good afternoon! My husband is looking for the information about salaries and benefits in hospitality field in Oman. I'd be very thankful, if you share with me some knowledge about this. Actually we are interested in base salaries in front office positions such as receptionist, guest relations officer, guest relations manager (or supervisor). And which benefits and allowances normally can be provided by hotels.
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:49 am
Just Joined

BigDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Base salaries in hospitality field in OMAN

Not sure about Oman, however, I think it will be about USD 400.00 for a receptionist, USD 1500.00 - USD 1700.00 for a FO Mgr.
Benefits depend on rank, but I am pretty sure that all will be based on single status only.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 4:23 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Majority of jobs at front office are being handed over to locals. If not, then Asians/SEAsians, since the salaries are around the 350-500 OMR per month.
You will need 600+ OMR per month to sponsor your wife - wives cannot now (law has changed recently) sponsor their husbands. By law all companies must provide accommodation for the employee, one month leave per year paid, and a flight home to base country every two years.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for you answers!
OriginalSunshine, thank you for providing me a lot of useful information, it's very kind of you. So if I understood right, even Guest Relations Manager's salary will not pass 600 OMR monthly? My husband is Arabic, from Tunisia, with knowledge of 5 languages an big experience in this field... Do you think it's possible to find a job there for him? Now he works in Seychelles, we live there, but we'd like to relocate to Oman or another Gulf country. That's why we are searching for the information.. to clear up the situation a bit. Thank you!!!
Old Jan 5th 2014, 8:08 am
Just Joined

BigDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Seychelles - what a nice country for VACATION :-) I survived 1.5 years there and I think that may have been quite a good achievement.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 8:43 am
Just Joined

BigDan, you are right! Seychelles is nice country for vacation, not for living That's why we are willing to relocate..
Old Jan 5th 2014, 3:14 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daria1
Thanks for you answers!
OriginalSunshine, thank you for providing me a lot of useful information, it's very kind of you. So if I understood right, even Guest Relations Manager's salary will not pass 600 OMR monthly? My husband is Arabic, from Tunisia, with knowledge of 5 languages an big experience in this field... Do you think it's possible to find a job there for him? Now he works in Seychelles, we live there, but we'd like to relocate to Oman or another Gulf country. That's why we are searching for the information.. to clear up the situation a bit. Thank you!!!
It's possible, and speaking/being Arabic will be a plus. You've got to give it a try.
I don't know if a Manager's salary would definitely not pass 600 OMR monthly, because it is not my industry, but hospitality does not earn big money in the Gulf, simply because the supply of available staff worldwide with the right skill set is not limited, so there is no need to "overpay" when someone else will do it for less.
Don't email people - no-one answers. Either use a recruitment agent, or write a letter to the head honcho of each hotel.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 11:21 am
Just Joined

OriginalSunshine, thank you so much for the information and advises! Really appreciated this!
Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:31 pm
womble

You're welcome. Thank you for being a nice newbie