Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Anyone with Schlumberger in Qatar?

Anyone with Schlumberger in Qatar?

Old May 28th 2012, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of
Default Anyone with Schlumberger in Qatar?

Hi guys

I may get a job offer with Schlumberger in Qatar. My question is: is it a good company to work with? and do they offer good packages?
What is the average basic salary I should look at, knowing that I have a PhD and 10+ yrs of exp.

regards
Old May 28th 2012, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone with Schlumberger in Qatar?

Originally Posted by EastWest
Hi guys

I may get a job offer with Schlumberger in Qatar. My question is: is it a good company to work with? and do they offer good packages?
What is the average basic salary I should look at, knowing that I have a PhD and 10+ yrs of exp.

regards

I worked at SLB for 14 years, but left in 2003. Back then, the salary and benefits were top quartile. I hear that they still offer a very package but there have been cuts to the benefits.

Ironically, SLB Qatar are our biggest customer in the region...
Old May 28th 2012, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
I worked at SLB for 14 years, but left in 2003. Back then, the salary and benefits were top quartile. I hear that they still offer a very package but there have been cuts to the benefits.

Ironically, SLB Qatar are our biggest customer in the region...
Cheers mate. That sounds good in someway, but cutting the benefits is bad.

Do you mind telling why you left them?
Old May 28th 2012, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

My last position was in operations management where I was little more than a spreadsheet manager. Time to move on...
Old May 30th 2012, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

mrblast is an unknown quantity at this point

My Wife worked for Slb for 10 years (not in Qatar though) and loved it.
Old May 31st 2012, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrblast
My Wife worked for Slb for 10 years (not in Qatar though) and loved it.
Thanks mate.
Old May 31st 2012, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I got turned down for a graduate job there in 2000, so their staff must be top notch.
Old May 31st 2012, 6:50 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I got turned down for a graduate job there in 2000, so their staff must be top notch.
or slightly above bottom notch, perchance?
Old May 31st 2012, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
or slightly above bottom notch, perchance?
fair point.
Old May 31st 2012, 7:08 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

was in a bar in Houston a few months back and this couple sat next to me. The girl couldnt wait to tell me she works for SLB as if that was meant to impress me.

She then asked who i work for. I told her and she just gave me a completely blank look....an evesdropper at the bar burst out laughing.

She had never heard of us..we are their main competitor and one of the biggest oil services company in the world..I think she must have been the SLB toilet cleaner..
Old May 31st 2012, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander
we are their main competitor and one of the biggest oil services company in the world

So that would make you a sack-splitter
Old May 31st 2012, 7:19 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
So that would make you a sack-splitter
Nope
Old May 31st 2012, 7:26 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

was in a bar in Houston a few months back and this couple sat next to me. The girl couldnt wait to tell me she works for SLB as if that was meant to impress me.
Was drinking my self stupid in a bar alone in texas, was approached by a hooker

She then asked who i work for. I told her and she just gave me a completely blank look....an evesdropper at the bar burst out laughing.
Gave her big one about who I am etc. other patrons laughed heartily

She had never heard of us..we are their main competitor and one of the biggest oil services company in the world..I think she must have been the SLB toilet cleaner..
Suitably impressed I took her to my motel along with my old buddy Mr Floppy. Cried myself to sleep when she left
If you will allow me to interpret/translate this post a little
Old May 31st 2012, 7:55 am
banned

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
If you will allow me to interpret/translate this post a little
yea, something along those lines
Old Jun 8th 2012, 8:05 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Nope
If he ain't Scum-Blue, and he ain't part of Big Red (that'd be me...).........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.