Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

ALDAR LAING O ROURKE REDUDANCIES

ALDAR LAING O ROURKE REDUDANCIES

Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:34 am
Banned

EXALOR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ALDAR LAING O ROURKE REDUDANCIES

Originally Posted by soukie
Yes - you are correct. It is global and I know people that have taken 10% cuts to keep jobs here and in UK.

The reason I said that LOR don't care is because they have messed staff around by saying that things were fiine and it's business as usual and then the next minute issuing letters saying otherwise. Mixed messages from a very poor management team who fail to communicate with staff. They should just be straight about things rather than mess people around - it's still not clear to many how the company have lost such a big contract but there are plenty of rumours as to why - seems like they got a bit too greedy!
Very true... one minute they are sacking everyone and then the next you receive a copy of the latest glossy brochure with lots of nice smiling people receiving safety awards or taking part in the company ping pong competition and not a word of regret or apology for having to sack everyone at al-raha. The forward by that idiot <snip> led you believe that we were in the middle of a boom !

Last edited by Sue; Jun 10th 2009 at 12:16 pm. Reason: Please don't name private individuals
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:44 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware of Laing O'Rourke

i think they are well known to all now as a 'hands off' company..
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:11 am
Banned

EXALOR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commander
i think they are well known to all now as a 'hands off' company..
Wish I come across this site earlier !!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:05 am
Banned

Taz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to all

I hope the OP has got his facts straight.

I work in AD on a nearby project and of course know of ALOR. You're talking about a business that employs thousands of people. There's a lot at steak here.

Your post is also verging on being slanderous., especially with you mentioning certain individuals.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:09 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taz Mirza

I work in AD on a nearby project and of course know of ALOR. You're talking about a business that employs thousands of people. There's a lot at steak here.

Your post is also verging on being slanderous., especially with you mentioning certain individuals.
Think you are getting your tenses mixed up...

It should read '...used to employ thousands of people'...
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

i think the people named have been named before on here and other forums, its not new information etc.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:15 am
Banned

Taz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Think you are getting your tenses mixed up...

It should read '...used to employ thousands of people'...

I meant worldwide.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:15 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I meant worldwide.
Ahhh, thought you meant in the UAE.....
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by busybee2
i think the people named have been named before on here and other forums, its not new information etc.
Maybe things have been mentioned here and elsewhere, but that's not exactly the point I was making.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:08 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe things have been mentioned here and elsewhere, but that's not exactly the point I was making.
I agree. The OP has made some allegations (or repeated them) that are about as hard-hitting as can be for a business.

LOR is still considered a reputable company in the UK and like most international companies, almost certainly only operates a sister company in the ME - 2 different entities, governed by different laws and practices...
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

**** slander and libel laws.

If it means that one fewer person gets into trouble , one fewer person risks their family's well being, it's worth it.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:07 pm