British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Aldar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/aldar-603830/)

soukie Apr 19th 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Aldar

Have heard that approx 100 staff were paid off last week and not required to work their notice. Press release is due soon.

Grace O Malley Apr 20th 2009 6:20 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 7493780)
Have heard that approx 100 staff were paid off last week and not required to work their notice. Press release is due soon.

Completely true , unfortunately and more to come very soon.

commander Apr 20th 2009 6:30 am

woops, ah well there will be some villa's coming up for rent in Mangrove village then...

Ronnie Biggs Apr 20th 2009 11:09 am

Are we talking Aldar or ALOR. I didn't realise ALOR had 100 people left to make redundant. What has happened there is incredible, this time last year they were bundling as many people into that site as fast as they possibly could.....

busybee2 Apr 20th 2009 12:59 pm

nope not alor aldar.

Foxes Apr 21st 2009 3:31 am

believe that the number made redundant is 23....unclear as to whether there have been others that have been sacked or fired this time round.
Talks of a possible reduction of 40% of all staff in total by the end of the year....The big clearout in June with another in Sept....

although appears recruitment has started again (in numbers) for up and coming projects due to be completed later in the year....so look like the current cull is clearing out the so called 'dead wood'' in the company....so make of it what you will !!

busybee2 Apr 21st 2009 3:30 pm

had heard 25 as a number, but not all "dead wood" as you call them.

lanarkwitch Apr 21st 2009 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7494942)
woops, ah well there will be some villa's coming up for rent in Mangrove village then...

The signs already up, villas available from June/July :p

soukie Apr 21st 2009 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7500039)
had heard 25 as a number, but not all "dead wood" as you call them.

I understand that it is 25 from the Al Raha Beach and another 75 across ALDAR. As you say not all "dead wood" - some very good people gone and some not so good left in post!

commander Apr 22nd 2009 5:12 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 7500340)
I understand that it is 25 from the Al Raha Beach and another 75 across ALDAR. As you say not all "dead wood" - some very good people gone and some not so good left in post!

as is always the way...the arse lickers remain, the good guys who question decisions etc get pumped..

commander Apr 22nd 2009 5:16 am

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch (Post 7500058)
The signs already up, villas available from June/July :p

where is it advertised? how much?

and why are you sticking your tongue out at me??

lanarkwitch Apr 22nd 2009 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7502121)
where is it advertised? how much?

and why are you sticking your tongue out at me??

There is a sign outside Mangrove in the far corner of the carpark we phoned out of curiosity, seems thay are taking names for 4/5 beds that are coming up June/July time. Funnily enough prices were not mentioned, assume they are waiting to see how many "names" they get before deciding, but if memory serves me, the last 5 bed was 700k (furnished with pool as pointed out by BB2)

Tongue now duly out back in it's place :unsure:

busybee2 Apr 22nd 2009 5:57 pm

i was told by someone today at school (oh no commander gossiping!) that there is no waiting list for 4 beds, this is because of the price they are wanting:blink:

commander Apr 22nd 2009 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7504392)
i was told by someone today at school (oh no commander gossiping!) that there is no waiting list for 4 beds, this is because of the price they are wanting:blink:

yup, they need to drop the prices, mine was renewed at 190K (4 bed)

there are not any empty ones justnow that i have noticed.

Its a friggin great place to live though..but 700K dream on..

lanarkwitch Apr 23rd 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7504418)
yup, they need to drop the prices, mine was renewed at 190K (4 bed)

there are not any empty ones justnow that i have noticed.

Its a friggin great place to live though..but 700K dream on..

How long have you been in your Commander, just so we can ooh and aah when the new prices come out?