British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Aldar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/aldar-603830/)

Foxes Apr 16th 2009 1:04 pm

Aldar

There are whispers of imminent 'staffíng changes' at prominent property company Aldar - Anyone have any further info ?

Blue Cat Apr 16th 2009 1:28 pm

Re: Aldar

Originally Posted by Foxes (Post 7484891)
There are whispers of imminent 'staffíng changes' at prominent property company Aldar - Anyone have any further info ?

has there not already been changes with Aldar? BB will know :)

busybee2 Apr 16th 2009 7:04 pm

yes i have been hearing the same whispers, and yes there has already been some before but mostly with LOR.

soukie Apr 16th 2009 7:16 pm

The only management changes I know about are in ALOR - announced to all staff last week. Come on BB - what whispers have you heard about ALDAR?

Eva Apr 16th 2009 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7485813)
yes i have been hearing the same whispers, and yes there has already been some before but mostly with LOR.

Is Karlos ...'available'
Hope things are ok for him.

soukie Apr 16th 2009 7:32 pm

Someone was asking where Karlos was a few days ago - he may be in UK for Easter or may have left ALOR due to all the problems. The commander may know (drinking buddies I think!).

busybee2 Apr 17th 2009 7:32 pm

i was hearing the other day, that something like 25 will be going from aldar, dont know anymore details tho yet! and that they are being difficult and that one person in particular has skipped because they "changed" the job duties etc but may hear more when school goes back.

commander Apr 18th 2009 9:35 am

I don't know about Karlos. I am not a drinker incidentlly.

BB2 I love you, you are the typical gossip, I can imagine you and your ilk gathering like hens to get everyones business..

Brilliant...

busybee2 Apr 18th 2009 9:43 am

nope, havent told anybody, was asked the question on here, and i answered the question on here. i wish you would just grow up and stop picking on people. obviously nothing better to do all day.

AnotherWorld Apr 18th 2009 8:11 pm

I used to work "in" aldar. My friend is stil in the contracts department. Many contracts they have put on hold or cancelled, something along those lines. This person has also said due to projects being on hold, they are trying to find other roles for current staff to fill. Thats all I've been told personally. Haven't bothered asking anyone else in the company.

Eva Apr 18th 2009 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7491624)
I used to work "in" aldar. My friend is stil in the contracts department. Many contracts they have put on hold or cancelled, something along those lines. This person has also said due to projects being on hold, they are trying to find other roles for current staff to fill. Thats all I've been told personally. Haven't bothered asking anyone else in the company.

What did you do"in" Aldar??

Squirty Cream Apr 18th 2009 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Foxes (Post 7484891)

My friend's husband is quite senior there and I have a couple of contacts, I'll see if I can find out more.

AnotherWorld Apr 19th 2009 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7491640)
What did you do"in" Aldar??

I'd rather not discuss in detail but I was there for just under 12 months :)

Ronnie Biggs Apr 19th 2009 11:55 am

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7492504)
I'd rather not discuss in detail but I was there for just under 12 months :)

Did you fun the boss's wife?

AnotherWorld Apr 19th 2009 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 7493082)
Did you fun the boss's wife?

LOL

soukie Apr 19th 2009 5:15 pm

Have heard that approx 100 staff were paid off last week and not required to work their notice. Press release is due soon.

Grace O Malley Apr 20th 2009 6:20 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 7493780)
Have heard that approx 100 staff were paid off last week and not required to work their notice. Press release is due soon.

Completely true , unfortunately and more to come very soon.

commander Apr 20th 2009 6:30 am

woops, ah well there will be some villa's coming up for rent in Mangrove village then...

Ronnie Biggs Apr 20th 2009 11:09 am

Are we talking Aldar or ALOR. I didn't realise ALOR had 100 people left to make redundant. What has happened there is incredible, this time last year they were bundling as many people into that site as fast as they possibly could.....

busybee2 Apr 20th 2009 12:59 pm

nope not alor aldar.

Foxes Apr 21st 2009 3:31 am

believe that the number made redundant is 23....unclear as to whether there have been others that have been sacked or fired this time round.
Talks of a possible reduction of 40% of all staff in total by the end of the year....The big clearout in June with another in Sept....

although appears recruitment has started again (in numbers) for up and coming projects due to be completed later in the year....so look like the current cull is clearing out the so called 'dead wood'' in the company....so make of it what you will !!

busybee2 Apr 21st 2009 3:30 pm

had heard 25 as a number, but not all "dead wood" as you call them.

lanarkwitch Apr 21st 2009 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7494942)
woops, ah well there will be some villa's coming up for rent in Mangrove village then...

The signs already up, villas available from June/July :p

soukie Apr 21st 2009 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7500039)
had heard 25 as a number, but not all "dead wood" as you call them.

I understand that it is 25 from the Al Raha Beach and another 75 across ALDAR. As you say not all "dead wood" - some very good people gone and some not so good left in post!

commander Apr 22nd 2009 5:12 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 7500340)
I understand that it is 25 from the Al Raha Beach and another 75 across ALDAR. As you say not all "dead wood" - some very good people gone and some not so good left in post!

as is always the way...the arse lickers remain, the good guys who question decisions etc get pumped..

commander Apr 22nd 2009 5:16 am

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch (Post 7500058)
The signs already up, villas available from June/July :p

where is it advertised? how much?

and why are you sticking your tongue out at me??

lanarkwitch Apr 22nd 2009 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7502121)
where is it advertised? how much?

and why are you sticking your tongue out at me??

There is a sign outside Mangrove in the far corner of the carpark we phoned out of curiosity, seems thay are taking names for 4/5 beds that are coming up June/July time. Funnily enough prices were not mentioned, assume they are waiting to see how many "names" they get before deciding, but if memory serves me, the last 5 bed was 700k (furnished with pool as pointed out by BB2)

Tongue now duly out back in it's place :unsure:

busybee2 Apr 22nd 2009 5:57 pm

i was told by someone today at school (oh no commander gossiping!) that there is no waiting list for 4 beds, this is because of the price they are wanting:blink:

commander Apr 22nd 2009 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7504392)
i was told by someone today at school (oh no commander gossiping!) that there is no waiting list for 4 beds, this is because of the price they are wanting:blink:

yup, they need to drop the prices, mine was renewed at 190K (4 bed)

there are not any empty ones justnow that i have noticed.

Its a friggin great place to live though..but 700K dream on..

lanarkwitch Apr 23rd 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7504418)
yup, they need to drop the prices, mine was renewed at 190K (4 bed)

there are not any empty ones justnow that i have noticed.

Its a friggin great place to live though..but 700K dream on..

How long have you been in your Commander, just so we can ooh and aah when the new prices come out?

busybee2 Apr 23rd 2009 12:31 pm

hes only been in a few months, but it was a company house so they had it from new, hence the price.

Smoochy Girl Apr 23rd 2009 2:43 pm

When I saw them 3 years ago, they wanted 120k for a 4-bedroomed corner one and I thought the garden was too small compared with Sas Al Nakeel :o

lanarkwitch Apr 23rd 2009 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl (Post 7507294)
When I saw them 3 years ago, they wanted 120k for a 4-bedroomed corner one and I thought the garden was too small compared with Sas Al Nakeel :o

Interesting thats about the price of a not great 1 bed apt in town now, BB2 much was a 1 bed 3 years ago then?

busybee2 Apr 24th 2009 3:45 am

a 2 bed flat in town was going for 25 some 5 years ago, a 3 bed flat in town was going for 60 some 4 years ago, and now.....

soukie Apr 24th 2009 6:08 am

:rofl:At 25,000 it would have been a dump or a tent in the desert!

You couldn't get anything decent for that price 10 years ago! More like 65,000 for a 2 bed and 85,000 for a 3 bed. You may have got a cheaper one if you managed to get a Khalifa Committee one but even then you would have been looking at 50,000 for a 2 bed.

commander Apr 24th 2009 10:03 am

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch (Post 7506849)
How long have you been in your Commander, just so we can ooh and aah when the new prices come out?

This is the 3rd year in the company name

commander Apr 24th 2009 10:04 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7506970)
hes only been in a few months, but it was a company house so they had it from new, hence the price.

ive been in 10 months, a busybee 'few'..the 3rd renewal for the company..

commander Apr 24th 2009 10:06 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 7509484)
:rofl:At 25,000 it would have been a dump or a tent in the desert!

You couldn't get anything decent for that price 10 years ago! More like 65,000 for a 2 bed and 85,000 for a 3 bed. You may have got a cheaper one if you managed to get a Khalifa Committee one but even then you would have been looking at 50,000 for a 2 bed.

agree totally, we were looking at Abu Dhabi on island 5 years ago and apartments in town were a lot more expensive than dubai..

busybee2 Apr 24th 2009 11:23 am

10 years ago we first started off in a 2 bed in khayldia for 25 and it wasnt a dump, then you could get a 3 bed for 50k and also a bigger 3 bed for 55k so not a tent or horrible and these were private landlords not khalifa committee, thats what the prices were back then, since 5 years ago things have changed.

Confucius Apr 24th 2009 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7510173)
10 years ago we first started off in a 2 bed in khayldia for 25 and it wasnt a dump, then you could get a 3 bed for 50k and also a bigger 3 bed for 55k so not a tent or horrible and these were private landlords not khalifa committee, thats what the prices were back then, since 5 years ago things have changed.

UAE has not been the same since the sad departure of the Great Zayed (RIP)...