Advise please

Old May 14th 2012, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Najam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advise please

I have done BS Electrical(Telecommunication) Engineering form Pakistan. My family is settled in Dubai, UAE. Being a fresh graduate what should be my area of focus. I want to have a good experience and learn more and more about the field work. Please guide me.
Really want to do something all i want is an opportunity
Reagrds
Najam
Old May 14th 2012, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advise please

Originally Posted by Najam
I have done BS Electrical(Telecommunication) Engineering form Pakistan. My family is settled in Dubai, UAE. Being a fresh graduate what should be my area of focus. I want to have a good experience and learn more and more about the field work. Please guide me.
Really want to do something all i want is an opportunity
Reagrds
Najam
Sorry that i have nothing really to advise other than try Etisilat or du? But then i may not even have understood your quals!
Old May 14th 2012, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for ur feedback.. Actually my degree electrical engineering with telecommunication elective courses. The field of electrical is very vast starting from big machinery to small embedded systems. All i want is to enter a good company like Ericsson etc as the telecommunication equipment used by etisalat and du are Ericsson and Nokia based. Its just where can i find these jobs. Do such companies take fresh graduates and recruit them as trainees ??
Old May 14th 2012, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by al dente
Sorry that i have nothing really to advise other than try Etisilat or du? But then i may not even have understood your quals!
Thanks for ur feedback.. Actually my degree electrical engineering with telecommunication elective courses. The field of electrical is very vast starting from big machinery to small embedded systems. All i want is to enter a good company like Ericsson etc as the telecommunication equipment used by etisalat and du are Ericsson and Nokia based. Its just where can i find these jobs. Do such companies take fresh graduates and recruit them as trainees ??
Old May 15th 2012, 1:51 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Najam
All i want is to enter a good company like Ericsson etc as the telecommunication equipment used by etisalat and du are Ericsson and Nokia based. Its just where can i find these jobs. Do such companies take fresh graduates and recruit them as trainees ??
Yes they do, but usually not in purchasing countries like Dubai.

You could see what Huawei are up to I suppose. Or think about some of the fabs that are popping up in the region.
Old May 15th 2012, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by typical
Yes they do, but usually not in purchasing countries like Dubai.

You could see what Huawei are up to I suppose. Or think about some of the fabs that are popping up in the region.
And i wud like to mention that i also did training from ZTE for Site Engineering. Learnt a lot about SDR and the related telecommunication sttandards. Infact i am also certified from ZTE which is valid upto 2014. but the problem in my countries market is that its completely saturated. My family is settled in Dubai that is the reason i came here....!!!!
Old May 22nd 2012, 12:50 pm
Banned

Apeksha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Najam,
I strongly suggest you post your CV on <snip>, The Middle East’s #1 Job Site, where you can find part time or full time jobs in the UAE in various fields. Once you register, make sure you build your CV online and apply actively to jobs that may be of interest to you. Employers looking for electrical engineers can find you from the database if your CV is complete and active on <snip>.

Also I suggest that you mention your contact details as UAE and put your parents numbers (if you are not in UAE now) because employers use location to filter CVs.

I personally found <snip> to be very effective, not only did I get a lot of job offers through the site, but I also ended up working for <snip> itself!

Good luck!

Last edited by Sue; May 23rd 2012 at 10:38 pm. Reason: Spammer reference removed and OP has left the building in a can of spam
Old May 23rd 2012, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apeksha
Hi Najam,
I strongly suggest you post your CV on <snip>, The Middle East’s #1 Job Site, where you can find part time or full time jobs in the UAE in various fields. Once you register, make sure you build your CV online and apply actively to jobs that may be of interest to you. Employers looking for electrical engineers can find you from the database if your CV is complete and active on <snip>.

Also I suggest that you mention your contact details as UAE and put your parents numbers (if you are not in UAE now) because employers use location to filter CVs.

I personally found <snip> to be very effective, not only did I get a lot of job offers through the site, but I also ended up working for <snip> itself!

Good luck!

wow, can you help me ?
Old May 23rd 2012, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

This boy is good - he's escaped the spam censor TWICE