Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

ADVETI Personal Development Instructor Question

ADVETI Personal Development Instructor Question

Old Aug 14th 2013, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

smudge855 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADVETI Personal Development Instructor Question

I was recently contacted by ADVETI who asked me to attend an interview for a Personal Development Instructor (military). 3 days later i arrived in Manchester where I filled out a couple of forms and was then walked into an office with a couple of other ex military guys where we were pretty much asked where we wanted to work and that someone would contact us in the next few days. After we all walked out we looked at each other and laughed, not knowing if that meant that we had the job. The next day I received an e-mail asking me to send a copy of my qualifications and a copy of my passport, which I done. I then asked what would happen next.
I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience and if so whether or not they could shed some light on the subject. (point to note, I did not apply for the job they contacted me from my C.V. Is this normal)
Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 4:14 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADVETI Personal Development Instructor Question

Whilst ADVETI is legit, what you have gone through sounds like is a scam - the scammers now have a copy of your passport, email address, CV, probably your mother's maiden name "for security purposes"....

I hope I'm wrong.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

smudge855 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for your reply, I was very suspicious when I was first contacted so I done a bit of digging first. For example the interviews were conducted at the Hilton Manchester, so I contacted the said hotel to confirm who they were and to also confirm that they had recruited from there before. I also done a bit of other research before attending and everything seems legit. Either way I will post on here to let other people know the outcome.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 6:54 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck - I hope it works out for you and turns out to be legit.