Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Originally Posted by King Charlie
Ha ha sounds like a plan!!! Although with the prices out here I reckon I could be donning a blonde wig and a nice frock and joining your Missus!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah just give me a shout on here when you fancy a few. Oh, how long did it take to sort your wife's visa out?
Hahaha, ongoing mate, my wife's out here but I have to do a visa run tomorrow, Ramadan and stupid regulations meant the company couldn't get her visa in time, so we're driving to Oman tomorrow to get her another 30 days...., ROAD TRIP!!!!
Old Aug 14th 2013, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see your over there and getting settled in King Charlie!

Have a fantastic time in Abu Dhabi.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

VenExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi EH... you looks happy with your new lifestyle... hahaha... good for you, friend... enjoy it!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

smurfman123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys I would like to know what are the details of the medical when you get to Abu Dhabi can any one let me know please it's important for me Thanks in Advance.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

smurfman123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys I would like to know what are the details of the medical when you get to Abu Dhabi can any one let me know please it's important for me Thanks in Advance.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

tonysom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smurfman123
What I am seeing is no one are interested to pass all this type of information, I am screaming from long time please pass some information those who has resume on site (Engineer's) any way I got my visa copy so very soon I will be traveling.

Hope to see you all very soon in AD.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tonysom
What I am seeing is no one are interested to pass all this type of information, I am screaming from long time please pass some information those who has resume on site (Engineer's) any way I got my visa copy so very soon I will be traveling.

Hope to see you all very soon in AD.
Chill out mate, I bet you won't be on here all the time when you're up to your neck in paperwork and trying to sort out somewhere to live. You'll find out soon enough
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

It's hot and dusty..... Very hot in fact, work is work, food is good. The contract you sign stops you from divulging info about the site, maybe that's why no ones got back to you
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

tonysom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by expathopeful
Chill out mate, I bet you won't be on here all the time when you're up to your neck in paperwork and trying to sort out somewhere to live. You'll find out soon enough
Thanx mate, so you mean to say lots of hassle, yes?
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

King Charlie is an unknown quantity at this point

I know expat hopeful is in a better position to answer your questions about what to expect (as I've only been here 6 days), but if I were to offer any advice it would be: 1/ when you arrive, as soon as you can, get a UAE SIM card for your mobile. You cannot complete most of the paperwork without one. They are easy to get from most supermarkets, electronic shops etc...just put 25dhs on it and you're good to go. 2/ the list of supplied contacts for estate agents isn't that good, try dubizzle or propertyfinder.ae and contact them from there with your queries. 3/ on arrival you will be put in a Hotel, from here there will most likely be a taxi to the office every morning at 7am or 8am, and one returning at 1pm or 2pm. Any journey outside of these times just pay yourself. 4/ there is a lot of paperwork and forms to fill in and 2 medicals to attend, everything is explained and quite clear so just listen and you'll have no bother.5/ good luck.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Rubble is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey EH & King Charlie........ Thanks for still sharing this info on the forum considering how busy it is out there. Hey Tony...great that you got your visa and travelling soon. It really seems that us Engineers are gonna be last! So I was hoping to get my approvals this week, since it would be 4 weeks since final document submittal, but I guess adding a month from the end of Ramadan would be wiser so I'll be patient and keep my fingers crossed until then.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Expatwifesa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all , haven,t been on for a while been busy shopping, Looks like most of you guys are here and the wives are moving in slowly .Not a easy process ey but lets not go there now. Off for my medical tomorrow busybee tells me to take a slip no gowns there so if you wanna see a pair of British boobs hanging around they,ll be there at the goverment hospital in the morning HaHA. Irish expat wife let me know when you arrive gonna do one of those free ladies nights get our monies worth. Colin is your wife still back and forth with visa, I,ve been back and forth to S.A but all sorted now. Tom you found your Heineken Spinnies good for you. Looking forward to my holiday in UK in November haven,t been home for 5 years, Mushy peas, yorkie puds and a pint of woodpecker Great. Lets try and get together soon put names to faces. Enjoy your evening all.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatwifesa
Hello all , haven,t been on for a while been busy shopping, Looks like most of you guys are here and the wives are moving in slowly .Not a easy process ey but lets not go there now. Off for my medical tomorrow busybee tells me to take a slip no gowns there so if you wanna see a pair of British boobs hanging around they,ll be there at the goverment hospital in the morning HaHA. Irish expat wife let me know when you arrive gonna do one of those free ladies nights get our monies worth. Colin is your wife still back and forth with visa, I,ve been back and forth to S.A but all sorted now. Tom you found your Heineken Spinnies good for you. Looking forward to my holiday in UK in November haven,t been home for 5 years, Mushy peas, yorkie puds and a pint of woodpecker Great. Lets try and get together soon put names to faces. Enjoy your evening all.
yeh just wear a top as you need to strip firstly for the skin test (bra left on) but when you do the chest xray off the bra comes, wear a button up top too.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Expatwifesa is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers busybee2 all went well with the medical as they were so quick in and out in an hour. Any expats there that like the footy, why wasn,t the man utd v chelsea game on last night?, I have all the OSN sports channels stayed up till 2am waiting to see if it came on late and nothing, am I missing some sports channels did anyone out there watch it?, I,m a massive Man Utd fan and been going to the games with my dad before I could walk, seen everyone from George Best to Cantona play and the game of the year last night and I missed it. Looks like Rooney is staying not sure how I feel about that. Anyway if anyone out there can tell me if I am missing a channel please let me or my hubby know. Cheers guys have a good 1.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Expatwifesa
Cheers busybee2 all went well with the medical as they were so quick in and out in an hour. Any expats there that like the footy, why wasn,t the man utd v chelsea game on last night?, I have all the OSN sports channels stayed up till 2am waiting to see if it came on late and nothing, am I missing some sports channels did anyone out there watch it?, I,m a massive Man Utd fan and been going to the games with my dad before I could walk, seen everyone from George Best to Cantona play and the game of the year last night and I missed it. Looks like Rooney is staying not sure how I feel about that. Anyway if anyone out there can tell me if I am missing a channel please let me or my hubby know. Cheers guys have a good 1.
Hi how's it going. We had to do a visa run twice to Oman but my wife's got another 30 days now so we're alright for now.

Premiership games have gone to Al Jazeera, I think it's an extra 50 odd aed a month but they show a lot of the games...... You didn't miss much to be honest x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.