yipee!!

Old Oct 7th 2003, 2:33 pm
hbd
Forum Regular

hbd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default yipee!!

Hello everyone ...got my K1 visa today!...))

finally!!....exactly 9 months ...))...mumbai consulate was merciful at last

I held back until i had the whole story for u guys..had my interview on the 1st of Oct.... got a 221(g) for the regional PCC...i had been told earlier by one of the consulate guys that one PCC is enough i had the local one (which went thru CID) ...anyway so i stand corrected on the information i had posted earlier about needing only one PCC...luckily i had friday when the passport office was open and the consulate wasnt ...so i went back monday to turn in the reqd document ..and was told in the afternoon to pick up the visa today.

these details r for anyone who cares to read it..)

i went reached there about 6.30 and they started taking in ppl at about 7.20 i think ...one thing i did not know is that they allow only plastic bags..no other bags...so i gave my bag to my brother who was with me and then walked in with the many files and folders in my hand!!...it was a sight..)..then went in after the security check and was asked to pay the DD and sit ..waited until 9.30 b4 i was called at window 12 ..there was this indian lady ..very rude..she asked me for my documents..basically it wud be desis dealing with this part ..they collect all ur documents and make sure they list out any deficiences on a sheet of paper for the officer to review. I was told right there that my case wud be kept pending until the regional PCC was obtained. She had issues with my student visa and EAD card (when i was in the US earlier)...obviously i knew that i was in the right there ...so i didnt bother myself with her rudeness ..she was shaking her head every few mins to make me feel i have done sumthing terribly wrong ...she went many times inside the office to try and find fault with sumthing i had submitted...but she cudnt..)

so she made three points on my sheet...
1) medical test i had to repeat...(it was a faulty report so was repeated )
2) My EAD card ...luckily i had a letter from the INS representative of my graduate school in the US stating that i was legally present in the US until whatever date and my passport showed i had returned earlier than that date
3) MY regional PCC

she was yelling at me that i did not turn in a DS 230 part I ...i told her i did with my packet 3 and that i DID NOT receive one in packet 4 ...she didnt care about my response ....anyway i filled out another one...just for the record here...the other 2 indian ladies taking the documents were reallly very nice and polite to everyone.

then waited until 10.15 or so and was called at window 9 for an interview...there was this tallish guy..slightly balding and curly blonde hair. The indian girl who was with him in the booth made me take a oath.
Then he asked me when i met my fiance?
how long have we known each other
whats his age
what work does he do

thats pretty much it ...))
he asked me more questions about my Masters and what my degree was about ....all thru that time it seemed more like he was chatting with me about me being a pharmacist...to begin with he wasnt friendly but he was polite ...but as we spoke a little more he seemed to ease up and was really nice ...we had just turned in one picture when we submitted the application...after he asked me the Q's..he just said ..."can i see some more pics of u two togather?"...and i gave them to him ...he randomly showed me 2 pics and asked me who they were...ive spent a lot of time with my fiance's family ...so i know them very well..and it wasnt a problem to answer...but all this was when he was asking me Q's about my degree...i dont think he really even wanted to know...)

anyway so it all ended in less than 15 mins i think. ..and just when i was wondering what exactly happened he said "im happy with everything and i believe u guys have a genuine relationship...Ill be happy to give u a visa as soon as u turn in the required document"..))))))...i was so happy !! on my way out he said "all the best for everything ..."

im sorry about this looong post. ....but i had to tell all of u what happened - i may not have posted so much here but i know a lot of information that i had, came from here. Thank u so much all of u...

If anyone has any questions then do let me know !

thanks!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:11 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yipee!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hbd
Hello everyone ...got my K1 visa today!...))

finally!!....exactly 9 months ...))...mumbai consulate was merciful at last

Congratulations!!

Sorry you had to put up that crazy lady. Sounds like she needs and anger management course.

Leslie
Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:18 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default congrats

Congrats!!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

IMhp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: yipee!!

Excellent job Hbd! and Congratulations!

Actually thank you very much for your detailed encounter at mumbai consulate. This helps other ppl to make up there mind set before the interview.

I am glad that you took your valuable time to post the details.

Once again, Congrats and good luck!
Old Oct 8th 2003, 6:14 am
hbd
Forum Regular

hbd is an unknown quantity at this point

thank u everyone..... im glad my post is of some use...

another thing i had forgotten to mention was about the pictures u need

the list mentions 2 types of pictures..one is the usual frontal ones and one is the 3/4th frontal ones. Now practically every person was made to repeat the 3/4th frontal ones inside the consulate. and for that u need to carry cash with u ..it costs 200 rupees for 5 pics. mostly men carry money in wallets...but ladies have to leave their purses outside and in all that rush in the line and the gaurds barking at u it dosent occur to u to keep money with u ...or a pen for that matter...

i had lots of cash with me ...and i lent money to a girl for her pics who wudve otherwise got a 221(g) for her pics. i didnt have a pen with me and with the lady yelling at me i cudnt have asked for her pen..hehehehe..that wudve been funny.

so moral of the story ..even if u leave ur bags outside make sure u carry and pen and some cash with u.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 6:55 am
Just Joined

RBurlinson is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a great feeling, isnt it? Congratulations and good luck!
Old Oct 8th 2003, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Hdb!!!!!
I"m very happy for you!!!
Good luck with the wedding!!!
and thanks for all you help!
Seems like you're going to PhaseII!!
Keep in touch with that process as well since I'll be right behind you.

Rukhie:-)