Yin & Alexander Update

Old Apr 5th 2002, 4:35 am
Vermyndax

Default Yin & Alexander Update

Hi gang... well, it's been a long, long time since I've written anything. Thought
I'd drop a line and say hello to all of you and give you an update on our
immigration status.

Yin received her EAD in November of 2001, so now we're just waiting for AOS. Given
the fact that we filed with Atlanta, we know we're in a for a LONG wait. Atlanta did
mail back the $25 check for fingerprints with a note explaining that K-1 visa holders
were not supposed to submit the $25 fee. Weird, the forms they sent us states to send
it in. Oh well.

So our life has moved on. Yin has settled in nicely and is starting her own jewelry
business. She's making Far Eastern-style jewelry (specifically Chinese and Japanese)
and it's doing very well in the craft shows. She just launched a website if you'd
like to check out her work and/or buy it online at http://www.yincrafts.com.

Other than that, we're just in that waiting pattern. Yin's decided she will become a
U.S. citizen, but she will likely lose her Taiwanese citizenship when that happens.
She's aware of that and doesn't seem to mind.

All in all, life is good and blissful... couldn't ask for a better life partner.
International relationships can and do work out folks, it just takes a lot of time
and patience.

--Alexander