Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Yet Another Nigerian K1 Success Tale!

Yet Another Nigerian K1 Success Tale!

Old May 20th 2004, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

afroduke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yet Another Nigerian K1 Success Tale!

THANK YOU ALL BRITISHEXPATS MEMBERS!
I extend my gratitude to all who rendered their advice & opinions to me on here no matter how brash & vague it seemed then as I continue to bask in the euphoria of a successfull interview today at the infamous U.S Consulate in Lagos. I've not yet been able to brace myself to the reality of the fact that I've finally come to the end of the road to el-dorado though they say the process continues way after the issuance of the visa & subsequent arrival to the U.S, but to me,thankgoodness the long seperation from my soul mate is finally over(pls don't pinch me if I'm dreaming), specially after going through the notoriously lenghty Nebraska Service Center. I'm a Nigerian male, which they say gets more scrutiny than their female counterpart, I'm from a region(Warri)some claim is synonimous with fraud, I'm younger than my caucasian divorced mother of two USC fiancee, which some say the Con-Offs will deem contrary to Nigerian traditions, but with all the experiences I garnered from on here & the simple fact that "our love" was true gave me the cutting edge & all the confidence I needed to answer all of the Con-Offs scrutinous questions perfectly well, & plus my evidences from e-mails to stamped letters to a load of pictures to all the other requirements was so overwhelmingly bogus it caused a stir among the embassy staffs(lol).Anyway, I must admit it has all been a worthwhile experience, a lesson in patience, perseverance & endurance, & I think it has only helped to make us stronger. I'll be collecting my passport with visa on tuesday the 25th, & I hope to meet Ruthann & her spouse in person then. I wish you both the best in your forthcoming interview. Just be composed, not tensed, & most importantly have all your documents in order & God will take care of the rest.
I'd also like to use this opportunity to apologise for any offence anyone took over some of my outburst on here. Especially to the controversial Eko4Show, JeffB & the moderator Rete. I'd also wish those who also went of the edge to say unprintable stuffs like me should also summon up the humility to apologise as well. May God bless us all. America here I come. Like the popular exclamation in this newsgroup goes;whooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! And like they do it in the old west(I'll be residing in Montana);yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! !!!
Old May 20th 2004, 6:40 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Yet Another Nigerian K1 Success Tale!

congrats to you both.. it's a good feeling..

best of luck the rest of the way
Old May 22nd 2004, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by souls canuck
congrats to you both.. it's a good feeling..

best of luck the rest of the way
Thanks a lot for your congrats....it sure is a good feeling....& thanks as well for the luck wish....Thank God for everything!!!
P.S I'm still hoping to hear from any of the members of the Naija k1 brigade. Have a nice day!
Old May 22nd 2004, 11:36 am
Banned

Katie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!! I wish you much happiness and successin the USA.

Katie
Old May 22nd 2004, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

DaGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!

Originally posted by afroduke
Thanks a lot for your congrats....it sure is a good feeling....& thanks as well for the luck wish....Thank God for everything!!!
P.S I'm still hoping to hear from any of the members of the Naija k1 brigade. Have a nice day!
Old May 22nd 2004, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

besangin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Katie
Congratulations!! I wish you much happiness and successin the USA.

Katie

Congrats!!!!!! That is wonderful news. God is good all the time!
I hope that you have a safe flight, and easy POE interview. The hard part is over. Sonya & Rotey
Old May 23rd 2004, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Wao !!!! This is great my friend. Congratulations !!!! The long waits to reunite with our beloved are now over. You are not alone in the merriment. I and Nkem rejoices with you too. Bravo!!!!
Old May 23rd 2004, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Not everyone we meet here is who they seem, we have all been in this boat together. But some of us seem not to want to address real hostility (and desire to hide things we know are true) that has been displayed by our so called esteemed comrad. I am not proud that someone here has used the blood, sweat and tears we have given here to likely (in my opinion) hoodwink the system we are fighting so hard to correct. I for one have put much effort into the system to make things visible as to the things happening at the Lagos Consulate. I have personally brought the atrocities to the Lagos Consul General and members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. I have gathered and shared many facts to help sincere couples get through this process. But I don't want another angry, aggressive, name calling, life cursing, death wishing person living in my neighborhood. Afroduke, you have some answering to do, not to me, to your God. No good man or woman wishes or threatens death or misfortune on any person (not to mention innocent family members) over words, and those who do, only use it as an excuse to let out who they really are inside.
Let me repeat it again:
No good man or woman wishes or threatens death or misfortune on any person (not to mention innocent family members) over words, and those who do, only use it as an excuse to let out who they really are inside.
Truth, someone tell me it isn't.
So excuse me for not feeling to good about Afroduke getting his Visa by using the information collected here, by those of us who worked so hard to pave the trail for those coming behind us.
And I am hurt by those who choose to ignore violence while proclaiming the name of God.

Jeff

Originally posted by JJ&ST
Wao !!!! This is great my friend. Congratulations !!!! The long waits to reunite with our beloved are now over. You are not alone in the merriment. I and Nkem rejoices with you too. Bravo!!!!
Old May 23rd 2004, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JeffB
Not everyone we meet here is who they seem, we have all been in this boat together. But some of us seem not to want to address real hostility (and desire to hide things we know are true) that has been displayed by our so called esteemed comrad. I am not proud that someone here has used the blood, sweat and tears we have given here to likely (in my opinion) hoodwink the system we are fighting so hard to correct. I for one have put much effort into the system to make things visible as to the things happening at the Lagos Consulate. I have personally brought the atrocities to the Lagos Consul General and members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. I have gathered and shared many facts to help sincere couples get through this process. But I don't want another angry, aggressive, name calling, life cursing, death wishing person living in my neighborhood. Afroduke, you have some answering to do, not to me, to your God. No good man or woman wishes or threatens death or misfortune on any person (not to mention innocent family members) over words, and those who do, only use it as an excuse to let out who they really are inside.
Let me repeat it again:
No good man or woman wishes or threatens death or misfortune on any person (not to mention innocent family members) over words, and those who do, only use it as an excuse to let out who they really are inside.
So excuse me for not feeling to good about Afroduke getting his Visa by using the information collected here, by those of us who worked so hard to pave the trail for those coming behind us.
And I am hurt by those who choose to ignore violence while proclaiming the name of God.

Jeff
They say to err is human but to forgive is divine, and to feel bad about someone elses good fortune does not protend as good a man as he who curses & threatens. I'm sorry you wished I was denied the visa, but sorry, "your bad belle nor work".
Old May 23rd 2004, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JeffB
Let me repeat it again:

Jeff
Falsely accusing & bearing false witness against your fellow neighbough which you have repeatedly done insinuating that I'm fraudulent plus I hoodwinked the system(in your own wild imaginations) is a sin & outrightly wicked in all it's ramification. I as well wouldn't want such a person living in my neighboughood as well. You don't feel too good about me getting my visa? (lol) Then......Bite Me!
Old May 23rd 2004, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Eko4show is an unknown quantity at this point

I was indifferent about Afroduke's visa success. I wanted to say congrats but then I said to myself what's the point ? He wished death upon me, my unborn child and my husband . He doesn't deserve my good wishes.
For your Information, I'm not as mean spirited as alot of you may think. Yes I did think for once, to see to it that Afroduke doesn't get the Visa due to his ill fated wishes to me. I printed out his time line. I knew the date he would be having his interview as well as the state he is coming to and I thought of sending his messages to the Embassy. I thought of letting the consular know who they were dealing with but the taught left me as fast as it came. I have nothing to derieve from his downfall or success, so why not let him be.
I was actually cleaning my desk on the 21st of may when I saw the print out and I did check here to see how it went. "Good for him" I said to myself.
Anyway, Afroduke isn't God. It's not up to him to determine my fate and that of my familly. I can't help but think that the the half hearted apology was solely due to the fact that he got his visa not borne out of genuine repentance for his choice of words.
Eko4show

Falsely accusing & bearing false witness against your fellow neighbough which you have repeatedly done insinuating that I'm fraudulent plus I hoodwinked the system(in your own wild imaginations) is a sin & outrightly wicked in all it's ramification. I as well wouldn't want such a person living in my neighboughood as well. You don't feel too good about me getting my visa? (lol) Then......Bite Me!
Old May 23rd 2004, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Eko4show
I was indifferent about Afroduke's visa success. I wanted to say congrats but then I said to myself what's the point ? He wished death upon me, my unborn child and my husband . He doesn't deserve my good wishes.
For your Information, I'm not as mean spirited as alot of you may think. Yes I did think for once, to see to it that Afroduke doesn't get the Visa due to his ill fated wishes to me. I printed out his time line. I knew the date he would be having his interview as well as the state he is coming to and I thought of sending his messages to the Embassy. I thought of letting the consular know who they were dealing with but the taught left me as fast as it came. I have nothing to derieve from his downfall or success, so why not let him be.
I was actually cleaning my desk on the 21st of may when I saw the print out and I did check here to see how it went. "Good for him" I said to myself.
Anyway, Afroduke isn't God. It's not up to him to determine my fate and that of my familly. I can't help but think that the the half hearted apology was solely due to the fact that he got his visa not borne out of genuine repentance for his choice of words.
Eko4show
Eko4Show....I know how hard it may seem & I also understand your indifference towards the news of my successfull interview due to my regrettable outburst towards you & your family, but God himself finds in his heart to forgive the worst of sinners. Please I genuinely & soberly ask for you & your familys forgiveness. Two wrongs never makes a right & like I stated earlier on to err is human & to forgive is divine. Atleast I'm man enough to humbly admit what I did was wrong, moreso stupid. I will be more than gratefull if my apologises are accepted. Abeg sis' make we nor gbege again. We come this NG come seek & render advices not make enemies. Your subsequent forgiveness & enjoining me in my time of success will make a whole lot of difference.
And for JeffB, the simple point is I'm not overly excited because "I'm coming to live in the U.S". I'm overly excited bacause "I'm finally going to be re-united with my lovely fiancee "who lives in the U.S". Peace Y'all!!!
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Eko4show is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's all good. Sometimes in life we do things we cannot place a finger on but the important thing is knowing when we are wrong and seeking forgiveness. I personally don't have a right to hate anyone as I belief God sees and knows all and if I am wronged he'd judge on my behalf .
Afroduke, your apologies are accepted , we all make mistake. I am too busy trying to keep my business on the rise hence I have no time to abore hatred towards you or any human being for that matter. Life's like a stream you never know where we will meet. OL boy carry go enjoy your new life, be careful and congrats.

Eko4Show....I know how hard it may seem & I also understand your indifference towards the news of my successfull interview due to my regrettable outburst towards you & your family, but God himself finds in his heart to forgive the worst of sinners. Please I genuinely & soberly ask for you & your familys forgiveness. Two wrongs never makes a right & like I stated earlier on to err is human & to forgive is divine. Atleast I'm man enough to humbly admit what I did was wrong, moreso stupid. I will be more than gratefull if my apologises are accepted. Abeg sis' make we nor gbege again. We come this NG come seek & render advices not make enemies. Your subsequent forgiveness & enjoining me in my time of success will make a whole lot of difference.
And for JeffB, the simple point is I'm not overly excited because "I'm coming to live in the U.S". I'm overly excited bacause "I'm finally going to be re-united with my lovely fiancee "who lives in the U.S". Peace Y'all!!!
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Eko4show
Well it's all good. Sometimes in life we do things we cannot place a finger on but the important thing is knowing when we are wrong and seeking forgiveness. I personally don't have a right to hate anyone as I belief God sees and knows all and if I am wronged he'd judge on my behalf .
Afroduke, your apologies are accepted , we all make mistake. I am too busy trying to keep my business on the rise hence I have no time to abore hatred towards you or any human being for that matter. Life's like a stream you never know where we will meet. OL boy carry go enjoy your new life, be careful and congrats.
Thank God! The two magic sentence & word respectively here were "apologise accepted" & "congrats". You sure have taken the right steps like me beforehand. Now I can celebrate with a free mind & conscience. To talk true my wahala with you don been dey trouble my mind since, now the log is off my chest. Nor worry I go imbibe ur word to be carefull. JeffB, common & join my joyous train of a successfull k1 interview. Like I told you once, we're in-laws, from both sides(lol)& should be friends. Peace!!!
Old May 24th 2004, 8:48 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

THANK YOU ALL BRITISHEXPATS MEMBERS!
I extend my gratitude to all who rendered their advice & opinions to me on here no matter how brash & vague it seemed then as I
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.