Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

YES!!! Interview date London!

Wikiposts

YES!!! Interview date London!

Old Jun 28th 2003, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob, What date did you put down as your travel date?
Old Jun 28th 2003, 5:35 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by BeachBunny
Rob, What date did you put down as your travel date?
I put down mid-July and wrote a letter explaining that there is a family get-together (a delayed reception) over there that I would like to attend.
Old Jun 28th 2003, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Good luck at your interview! Maybe we'll see you there. My husband usually calls me later on saturdays... so hopefully, he'll have good news.

Now I'm off to prepare.. just in case!
Old Jun 28th 2003, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: YES!!! Interview date London!

Originally posted by RoB1833
Couldn't wait any longer e-mailed London and was told my interview date is 11th July!!!
We're so close!!! YAAAY!!
Best of luck !!!

regards

Terry

Old Jun 29th 2003, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Sols is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview Date!

Congratulations Everyone!

I received packet 3 from London Embassy on 21st June, they recieved my forms back on the 24th.

Got my interview letter yesterday (28th) and they have scheduled an interview for me for August 5th....Whoooo Hoooo!

Please post any info regarding the interview as I'd like to know what's in store for me!! Thanks!
Old Jun 29th 2003, 1:00 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview Date!

Originally posted by Sols
Congratulations Everyone!

I received packet 3 from London Embassy on 21st June, they recieved my forms back on the 24th.

Got my interview letter yesterday (28th) and they have scheduled an interview for me for August 5th....Whoooo Hoooo!

Please post any info regarding the interview as I'd like to know what's in store for me!! Thanks!
Hey Sols if you do a search in some old threads you will see very extensive accounts of peeps' experiences at London, from where they stayed, ate, the whole ball of wax.
Old Jun 29th 2003, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Interview Date!

Originally posted by cindyabs
Hey Sols if you do a search in some old threads you will see very extensive accounts of peeps' experiences at London, from where they stayed, ate, the whole ball of wax.

Thanks for the info, I'll go check it out. Noticed your hubby is from Birmingham UK? That's cool I'm from near Birmingham myself My Fiance (soon to be hubby) is from Colorado.
Old Jun 29th 2003, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

hmmm I sent mine back on the 20th and still have no interview date... I hope they havent lost my stuff
Old Jun 29th 2003, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by leebarton
hmmm I sent mine back on the 20th and still have no interview date... I hope they havent lost my stuff
Lee, It's strange you haven't heard anything yet. If no news comes tomorrow, I'd definitely contact the Embassy....Good Luck hope you hear something soon!

I'm flying back to US on August 9th and our wedding is on August 30th. Fast I know but hell we've waited long enough! hehehe.
Old Jun 29th 2003, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee, I talked to my husband and he hasn't rec'd an interview letter yet either! Hopefully, it'll come tomorrow. I'm thinking since he's in Pembrokeshire, Wales maybe it'll take an extra day to reach him.

Its seems like every step of the way is delayed for us. It took longer for him to receive the packet 3 as well.
Old Jun 30th 2003, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

My husband is sooo lucky that he is still at work right now!!!!

I just had an email from the Consulate and they have rec'd everything BUT THE CHECKLIST!! He didn't send the &*(%$# checklist!!!! I'm sooo mad!

Do I have to do EVERYTHING from 6,000 miles for him??????? I downloaded and filled out ALL the forms for him. Sent them Express mail to him. Each type of form was in a seperate plastic folder with a label stating what to send back to London and what to hold on to for the interview.

I had downloaded and printed up everything that stated what he needed.. then wrote notes on what we needed and highlighted it. Crossed off what didn't apply to us.

Then I VERBALLY told them that there should be a checklist that he needed to mark and sign stating that he had those things and was PREPARED for the interview.

I also told them to double check the forms to make sure they were the same.

Well.. he didnt' send the checklist!!!! I just don't think I can take much more of this! This is why I want to fly over there for the interview. If my DH was in school now he would probably be diagnosed with A.D.D. or whatever its called. He NEVER reads the details!! Okay.. thanks for listening!
Old Jun 30th 2003, 2:16 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

I just had an email from the Consulate and they have rec'd everything BUT THE CHECKLIST!! He didn't send the &*(%$# checklist!!!! I'm sooo mad!

Do I have to do EVERYTHING from 6,000 miles for him??????? I downloaded and filled out ALL the forms for him. Sent them Express mail to him. Each type of form was in a seperate plastic folder with a label stating what to send back to London and what to hold on to for the interview.

I had downloaded and printed up everything that stated what he needed.. then wrote notes on what we needed and highlighted it. Crossed off what didn't apply to us.

Then I VERBALLY told them that there should be a checklist that he needed to mark and sign stating that he had those things and was PREPARED for the interview.

Well.. he didnt' send the checklist!!!! I just don't think I can take much more of this! This is why I want to fly over there for the interview. If my DH was in school now he would probably be diagnosed with A.D.D. or whatever its called. He NEVER reads the details!! Okay.. thanks for listening!
The joys of being male..... you have to laugh (even a little bit)!
I suppose on the positive side you know they received everything else!
I'm sure it will all be sorted out very quickly once he sends in the checklist!
Old Jun 30th 2003, 4:24 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Laura,
MEN, ya can't live with 'em, ya can't live without 'em!!!
Seriously, my bestest friend in the world is married to an extremely intelligent guy, who is the CFO for a large national company. He is a legend in his time in the business world, but when she sends him to the grocery she has to include descriptions of what she needs as well as him having his cell phone to call ( and he does!!!) for a simple shopping trip. He once went on an overseas trip and packed for himself (she normally does it for him but was sick) and he called her from there to tell her he had no deoderant and not enough clean underwear for the duration of the trip............ Sigh....
Anyway dearie, chin up, unclench your jaw and think ahead to when he comes home to you,
Old Jun 30th 2003, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Okay, I'm at work now and have calmed down now. So, I will try calling him in a minute. I am laughing now. This would only happen to us and proves my determination to be there on interview day.. because it would be like leight to show up w/o his "photos" or something similar.

I'm also hoping since they have everything else that means that they have started on the file and will get the interview date quickly after that.

I'm having him overnight the checklist tomorrow.. so that they should receive it wednesday.

Cindy.. there have been times that I have sent Leight to the grocery store with pictures/empty boxes of what I needed... and then he returned home still with the WRONG brand.. saying well.. this one was cheaper!! Sometimes there's a reason for the higher priced items.. its called quality!

thanks for listening. *<{:-)~
Old Jun 30th 2003, 5:29 am
Sursum corda

Okay, I'm at work now and have calmed down now. So, I will try calling him in a minute. I am laughing now. This would only happen to us and proves my determination to be there on interview day.. because it would be like leight to show up w/o his "photos" or something similar.

I'm also hoping since they have everything else that means that they have started on the file and will get the interview date quickly after that.

I'm having him overnight the checklist tomorrow.. so that they should receive it wednesday.

Cindy.. there have been times that I have sent Leight to the grocery store with pictures/empty boxes of what I needed... and then he returned home still with the WRONG brand.. saying well.. this one was cheaper!! Sometimes there's a reason for the higher priced items.. its called quality!

Look at it this way, marrying a man from another country with the expense and all involved is a supreme example of a "higher priced item". Ya gets what ya pays for,

thanks for listening. *<{:-)~