Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Yeeeeehaaaaaa Finally approved!!!!

Yeeeeehaaaaaa Finally approved!!!!

Old Sep 7th 2002, 1:24 am
Myself And I Me

Default Yeeeeehaaaaaa Finally approved!!!!

After a tortuous month of wait I've heard on the automated system yesterday that our
petition have been approved. Now looking forward to hear from the consulate.

Here's our timeline:

Jul 29 - Petition Sent to VSC Ago 1st - Petition Received Ago 5 - 1st NOA issued Ago
10 - 1st NOA Received by snail mail Sep 5 - Petition Approved and cabled to the
consulate (Heard through the automated system)

Old Sep 7th 2002, 2:06 am
Blue Jjjj3124126

Default Re: Yeeeeehaaaaaa Finally approved!!!!

Many congrats, best wishes Jacq W

Old Sep 7th 2002, 4:27 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Myself And I Me:
After a tortuous month of wait I've heard on the automated system yesterday that our
petition have been approved. Now looking forward to hear from the consulate.

Here's our timeline:

Jul 29 - Petition Sent to VSC Ago 1st - Petition Received Ago 5 - 1st NOA issued Ago
10 - 1st NOA Received by snail mail Sep 5 - Petition Approved and cabled to the
consulate (Heard through the automated system)

Sorry but I dont consider that a tortuous wait. Go over 3 months waiting with still no approval like me. Or even longer & that's a tortuous wait.
Old Sep 7th 2002, 7:47 am
Greg Johnson

PEACHSTER wrote:
    > Originally posted by Myself And I Me:
    >>After a tortuous month of wait I've heard on the automated system yesterday that
    >>our petition have been approved. Now looking forward to hear from the consulate.
    >>Here's our timeline:
    >>Jul 29 - Petition Sent to VSC Ago 1st - Petition Received Ago 5 - 1st NOA issued
    >>Ago 10 - 1st NOA Received by snail mail Sep 5 - Petition Approved and cabled to the
    >>consulate (Heard through the automated system)
    > Sorry but I dont consider that a tortuous wait. Go over 3 months waiting with still
    > no approval like me. Or even longer & that's a tortuous wait.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Don't want to sound like sour grapes - and I do want to say congratulations... BUT I
agree. I will exchange your 'toutuous wait' with mine anytime.

Hey PEACHSER, Are you still waiting too?? Hmm.. I am begining to think that nebraska
has stopped again .

How about Laura? She has been waiting since early-mid-April...

-- Greg

Old Sep 7th 2002, 12:04 pm
Petey's Playmate

Originally posted by Greg Johnson:
PEACHSTER wrote:
    > Originally posted by Myself And I Me:
    >>After a tortuous month of wait I've heard on the automated system yesterday that
    >>our petition have been approved. Now looking forward to hear from the consulate.
    >>Here's our timeline:
    >>Jul 29 - Petition Sent to VSC Ago 1st - Petition Received Ago 5 - 1st NOA issued
    >>Ago 10 - 1st NOA Received by snail mail Sep 5 - Petition Approved and cabled to the
    >>consulate (Heard through the automated system)
    > Sorry but I dont consider that a tortuous wait. Go over 3 months waiting with still
    > no approval like me. Or even longer & that's a tortuous wait.
    > --

Don't want to sound like sour grapes - and I do want to say congratulations... BUT I
agree. I will exchange your 'toutuous wait' with mine anytime.

Hey PEACHSER, Are you still waiting too?? Hmm.. I am begining to think that nebraska
has stopped again .

How about Laura? She has been waiting since early-mid-April...

-- Greg

Yep I am still waiting Greg. My notice date is May 22nd. Noooooooooo dont say they stopped processing again. I will just die if that is the case.

I believe Laura is still waiting too which I think is BS. She should have been approved a long time ago.
Old Sep 7th 2002, 12:25 pm
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PEACHSTER:

Yep I am still waiting Greg. My notice date is May 22nd. Noooooooooo dont say they stopped processing again. I will just die if that is the case.

I believe Laura is still waiting too which I think is BS. She should have been approved a long time ago.
Hey PEACHSTER - I thought you'd get your's this week. Did ya tick them off? I talked to a live body on Thursday and he told me "only 100 days - it'll be another month or so". I don't believe a word after the current status.

I was doing some looking today on hollis' site and found one from VSC with a NOA1 of 8/2 and approved on 8/6. They are going through China (like me) so they still have 6 ~ 8 months to get the visa in hand.

Don't be too depressed, you will have your's here before Guangzhou even gets my petition. I'm rootin' for ya. Think I'm only a few days behind you at NSC, so when you get your's I'll be tickled. Hang in there!

-Don H
Old Sep 7th 2002, 1:42 pm
Petey's Playmate

Thanks Don. I really hope that I get my approval soon & that you dont have to wait a real long time after yours is approved with the rest of the stuff. You have waited long enough & should be able to be with your sweetie too.

God I can't wait till this is all over which seems like forever it's taken to get done.
Old Sep 8th 2002, 3:36 am
Greg Johnson

I can relate to that too... and hope that they have not stopped again. I would be
*very* upset .

Got a response from my congressman who basically echoed the B-S about the different
workloads at the different processing centers and that you really should not
compare the centers.. blah...blah...blah.. that the INS says. I responded and
told him that a few days or even a few weeks differences would be excusable -- but
not when Nebraska takes 4-5 TIMES longer than the others -- it is not a case of
'different workload'. Also told him it was legimate to commpare centers because I
have just as much right to the services of my governement as anyone else (including
people in Texas and Vermont - not to knock those people but hey!). I dont expect
him to do anything.

Ok... enough Whining....

I cant want until this os over either. And yes - it does seem to be taking
*forever*. Thought she whuld be able to be here by the end of October but that is
now out the window... I hope by the end of the year.

All I can say is Thank God I do not have to go through Moscow or China. Hmmm.. I feel
really sorry for Don and the others who are / will be waitning on the DOS (. I do
hope that it does not extent to Manila by the time the INS decides its done
tourmenting me...

Well Good luck Peachster and you too Don and everyone else who is waiting on the INS
or the DOS.

-- Greg

PEACHSTER wrote:
    > Thanks Don. I really hope that I get my approval soon & that you dont have to
    > wait a real long time after yours is approved with the rest of the stuff. You have
    > waited long enough & should be able to be with your sweetie too.
    > God I can't wait till this is all over which seems like forever it's taken to
    > get done.
    > --

Old Sep 8th 2002, 4:09 am
U.K/U.S.A.

Joanne Knight will become famous soon enoughJoanne Knight will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Yeeeeehaaaaaa Finally approved!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! I am very happy for you both

Originally posted by Greg Johnson:
I can relate to that too... and hope that they have not stopped again. I would be
*very* upset .

Got a response from my congressman who basically echoed the B-S about the different
workloads at the different processing centers and that you really should not
compare the centers.. blah...blah...blah.. that the INS says. I responded and
told him that a few days or even a few weeks differences would be excusable -- but
not when Nebraska takes 4-5 TIMES longer than the others -- it is not a case of
'different workload'. Also told him it was legimate to commpare centers because I
have just as much right to the services of my governement as anyone else (including
people in Texas and Vermont - not to knock those people but hey!). I dont expect
him to do anything.

Ok... enough Whining....

I cant want until this os over either. And yes - it does seem to be taking
*forever*. Thought she whuld be able to be here by the end of October but that is
now out the window... I hope by the end of the year.

All I can say is Thank God I do not have to go through Moscow or China. Hmmm.. I feel
really sorry for Don and the others who are / will be waitning on the DOS (. I do
hope that it does not extent to Manila by the time the INS decides its done
tourmenting me...

Well Good luck Peachster and you too Don and everyone else who is waiting on the INS
or the DOS.

-- Greg

PEACHSTER wrote:
    > Thanks Don. I really hope that I get my approval soon & that you dont have to
    > wait a real long time after yours is approved with the rest of the stuff. You have
    > waited long enough & should be able to be with your sweetie too.
    > God I can't wait till this is all over which seems like forever it's taken to
    > get done.
    > --
Old Sep 8th 2002, 11:44 am
Sheila

Congrats to you and your loved one!!! It won't be long now till you are reunited!!!

--
Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)

Texas Service Center / London Embassy

6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom

6/18/02-Received first NOA from TSC

6/19/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file

6/20/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02

6/22/02- Received Visa "me, myself and I" <[email protected]> wrote in message [ur-
l="news:[email protected] iganews.com"]news:n6ne9.36279-
[email protected][/url]...
    > After a tortuous month of wait I've heard on the automated system
yesterday
    > that our petition have been approved. Now looking forward to hear from the
    > consulate.
    > Here's our timeline:
    > Jul 29 - Petition Sent to VSC Ago 1st - Petition Received Ago 5 - 1st NOA issued
    > Ago 10 - 1st NOA Received by snail mail Sep 5 - Petition Approved and cabled to the
    > consulate (Heard through the automated system)

Old Sep 8th 2002, 11:51 am
Ready

Did you post this to insult everyone? Damn, I was approved after 3 months and now I
don't know when or if my wife will EVER get an interview much less a visa from
f-----g Moscow! Courtesy of the state dept!

Old Sep 8th 2002, 3:32 pm
Greg Johnson

Hmm.. take it easy ok? They are just happy that they have made it! It is not their
fault that the DOS is messing with your visa (or that Nebraska is frozen again).. I
am happy for them myself and wish that I could be at least Approved....

I do agree that 'tortuous month' is a very poor term considering what some of the
people around here have been going through to get their approvals.

Oh and you might wnat to try 4 MONTHS AND COUNTING... and not even appprovd by
Nebraska - they have not even looked at my Petition . I think one person is
well into her 5th month without any word. So - there is always someone worse off
than you are.

I can understand your frustration. I just saw someone one sent their petition in 2
months after mine already got their visa from Manila (where my Fiancee is
located...). It is very upsetting - but it is not this person fault).

-- Greg

Ready wrote:
    > Did you post this to insult everyone? Damn, I was approved after 3 months and now I
    > don't know when or if my wife will EVER get an interview much less a visa from
    > f-----g Moscow! Courtesy of the state dept!

Old Sep 9th 2002, 1:16 am
Myself And I Me

I'm sorry but my intention wasn't hurt anyone's feelings. I just was saying the wait
was driving us crazy and finally it's over. I hope all of you dealing with NSC and
all other "snails" service centers get your approvals fast.

ME

"Ready" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje news:[email protected]
.net
    > Did you post this to insult everyone? Damn, I was approved after 3 months and now I
    > don't know when or if my wife will EVER get an interview much less a visa from
    > f-----g Moscow! Courtesy of the state dept!

Old Sep 9th 2002, 2:22 am
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Myself And I Me:
I'm sorry but my intention wasn't hurt anyone's feelings. I just was saying the wait
was driving us crazy and finally it's over. I hope all of you dealing with NSC and
all other "snails" service centers get your approvals fast.

ME
ME, we know what the waiting and not knowing is like. I don't think anyone meant to say anything to diminish your joy at being approved. Personally, it doesn't take much to set off a 'venting' from those of us who are stuck in NSC hell when we see how quickly the other centers process the same petitions. You are fortunate enough to live in the VSC neighborhood.

I hope the rest of the process goes as quickly for you. Any time apart is hard to deal with.

-Don H
Old Sep 10th 2002, 7:13 am
Laura

Thanks Greg and Peachster for worrying about me. Yes I'm still waiting (151 days now)
and the information officer isn't giving out any information. Just hoping my
congressman has more luck. Very worried that after all this I get an RFE.

Well, whilst waiting I've updated/redone my I-134 (had it ready in June so
thought it may be out-of-date by the time my fiance gets his interview) and
opened the provisional file in London at least we've had plenty of time to get
everything together.

Live so close to the NSC it's very tempting to go and find my file myself (as I
wonder if it is still there or has been sucked into a black hole!!).

Laura

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.