Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo! Nebraska!

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo! Nebraska!

Old Oct 28th 2002, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

tparrent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo! Nebraska!

Just talked to info officer in Lincoln. He said our application was given to an officer on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked how long I should expect to wait now and he said no more than 7 days but his tone of voice said less

I then asked if they really worked on Saturdays.

"Seven days a week sometimes." he replied.

"Thank you from all the lonely hearts out there waiting!" I told him.

He seemed pleased.

NOA 1 6/18/02
NOA 2 almost there
Old Oct 28th 2002, 6:40 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo! Nebraska!

Originally posted by tparrent
Just talked to info officer in Lincoln. He said our application was given to an officer on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked how long I should expect to wait now and he said no more than 7 days but his tone of voice said less

I then asked if they really worked on Saturdays.

"Seven days a week sometimes." he replied.

"Thank you from all the lonely hearts out there waiting!" I told him.

He seemed pleased.

NOA 1 6/18/02
NOA 2 almost there
T! (can I call you "T"?)
Congratulations on this next step. Getting closer all the time! Hoping your wait for this part is over soon; it gives me hope that when I am able to file ours, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not an oncoming train.
~SecretGarden
Old Oct 28th 2002, 6:46 pm
Nic
Forum Regular

Nic is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!
Old Oct 29th 2002, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats tparrent!

I also have a 1st NOA of 06/18 from Nebraska. Guess I may get an approval or RFE next month as well.

Looks like you may beat me in this race after all

Hope you hear something soon!
Old Oct 30th 2002, 2:10 pm
Ooney

hmiller wrote in message news:...
    > Congrats tparrent!
    >
    > I also have a 1st NOA of 06/18 from Nebraska. Guess I may get an
    > approval or RFE next month as well.
    >
    > Looks like you may beat me in this race after all
    >
    > Hope you hear something soon!

Is it true!!?? The NSC is no longer working on applications processed
in April? They are up to June?!?!?!?!?!?! My application is June 26
th Did I read that right above.

OOney

Old Oct 30th 2002, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

tparrent is an unknown quantity at this point

You read it right but don't hold your breath unless you are a serious free diver. I have also seen some NOA 1's dated in July get approved while some May applications are still waiting.

I'll keep you updated.
Old Oct 30th 2002, 3:18 pm
St. Louis

ljudi72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nebraska

It seems that nebraska has slowed down a lot since August. I noticed on one site there were a lot of approvals for August but in October they seem to be slacking off! I hope they start speeding things up or many of us will go crazy with all the waiting.

Judi
Old Oct 30th 2002, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Mooey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey hmiller at this rate you will be approved and interviewed before me.. I got the RFE and sent back the info requested the next day.. and now they say we will hear in 100 days!!!!!! now I come up with yet another problem,,, I need a letter of permission from my exhusband to say its ok for the children to leave the country..!!! this is man that bullied and contolled my life for years until I found the strenght to fight back and divorce him... now I am expected to ask him for a letter of permission even though I have sole custody of the children... is that not just giving him back controls of my life????? I think so the solicitor says he cant stop me going so why the letter,, I dont intend to stop him seeing the children and I have already pasted the address and phone number etc to the solicitor... what onearth do I do next?????

Originally posted by hmiller
Congrats tparrent!

I also have a 1st NOA of 06/18 from Nebraska. Guess I may get an approval or RFE next month as well.

Looks like you may beat me in this race after all

Hope you hear something soon!
Old Oct 30th 2002, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Mooey,

Boy they sure aren't making things easy on you at all! I'm glad that I don't have to get a letter from my ex-husband because he probably would never have given it to me, even though like you I have sole custody of our daughter. I hope that you can find some way around this. Maybe draft up the letter yourself, so he only has to sign it? I used to do that with my ex over visitation and what-not. That way I was still keeping some control over the situation, even though we were both agreeing with what the letter stated.

I actually have a feeling that I might be getting on RFE myself. We didn't send many pictures to them. Only one to be exact. Honestly wasn't thinking about the INS and what would make them happy when we were together. I'll be seeing my love in about a week and a half and I'll be sure there are more pictures just in case that becomes an issue for them.

I think that what might be real flaw in the system is that a lot of the approval process is up to each officers discretion. What looks good to one person approving paperwork, might not look good enough to another. And probably because they have so many new employees at the Nebraska office many of them are unsure of themselves and are quite possibly holding up the process even further because theyneed assistance from superiors or are second guessing legitimate and complete paperwork. Those are just some of my thoughts anyway.

I'm still thinking of you and your children and hoping they get moving on your paperwork so you can all be settled for the holidays, preferably before your daughters wedding!

Take care!

Heather