Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

ya - so, I am a blithering nervous ninny - Interview Notice - N400 - Boston

ya - so, I am a blithering nervous ninny - Interview Notice - N400 - Boston

Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice
Default ya - so, I am a blithering nervous ninny - Interview Notice - N400 - Boston

Hey guys-

Posting my timeline in Boston

PD - July 15, 2005
Fingerprint - Sep 15, 2005
Status Disappeared - Sep 23, 2005
Interview notice - Arrived today, Sep 26, 2005
Interview - Nov 3, 2005

That was very fast it seems. Do you guys think that this is enough time for a name check?

God, I am so nervous now. Wish I did not have these 7 traffic tickets over 13 years (though thankfully just 1 in 5 years). No arrests or convictions though...I really hope the interview is smooth sailing. Some nervous nights coming up...lol

Also, the atty charges $500 for the interview appearance? What do you guys think? Worth the $$$ to have atty at the interview? (he prepared the app and such)...
-- Gaude
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:14 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ya - so, I am a blithering nervous ninny - Interview Notice - N400 - Boston

Originally Posted by gaude
Also, the atty charges $500 for the interview appearance? What do you guys think? Worth the $$$ to have atty at the interview? (he prepared the app and such)...
-- Gaude
Simple question: what value can the attorney add to your interview? My attorney says that she's never felt she needed to attend natz interviews with any of here clients.

Anyway, good luck!
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ya - so, I am a blithering nervous ninny - Interview Notice - N400 - Boston

Originally Posted by gaude
What do you guys think?
You don't need the attorney. The officer will go over your application and ask you questions about it if he requires clarification - all stuff you should be able to easily answer yourself. Remember... unlike all other interviews, they want you to succeed... they want you to pass and become a US citizen. And, even if the absolute worse happens and you fail the interivew (I personally, have never heard of this happening), you still maintain your PR status and you can simply file a new N-400 application. You can't lose!

Ian
Old Sep 27th 2005, 12:20 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You don't need the attorney. The officer will go over your application and ask you questions about it if he requires clarification - all stuff you should be able to easily answer yourself. Remember... unlike all other interviews, they want you to succeed... they want you to pass and become a US citizen. And, even if the absolute worse happens and you fail the interivew (I personally, have never heard of this happening), you still maintain your PR status and you can simply file a new N-400 application. You can't lose!

Ian
Ian, are you sure about maintaining PR status? I understood that if you were declined its time to leave!?
Old Sep 27th 2005, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Ian, are you sure about maintaining PR status? I understood that if you were declined its time to leave!?
I'm pretty sure you maintain your PR status even if your N-400 application fails. While naturalization is dependent on being a PR, the reverse is not true.

Ian
Old Sep 27th 2005, 12:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm pretty sure you maintain your PR status even if your N-400 application fails. While naturalization is dependent on being a PR, the reverse is not true.

Ian
Your PR status remains, unless, of course, the reason for denial of naturalization is such that it would invalidate your PR status and be cause for your removal.

Rete
Old Sep 27th 2005, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete
Your PR status remains, unless, of course, the reason for denial of naturalization is such that it would invalidate your PR status and be cause for your removal.

Rete
Hi Rete-

Do you think my one additional traffic (speeding) ticket (first in 5 years) since my last post (which I posted about separately and currently appealine) would be cause for denial for the CZ-ship or worse yet my PR status? So, that makes it 7 traffic tickets in 13 years and 2 dismissed court appearances for traffic issues.

Thanks
-- Gaude