Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

wrong address on Immigrant Data Summary on Visa packet just recieved

Wikiposts

wrong address on Immigrant Data Summary on Visa packet just recieved

Old Aug 4th 2011, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice
Default wrong address on Immigrant Data Summary on Visa packet just recieved

Hi,

Not sure if this is a problem. My husband noticed on his immigrant visa packet that they have the house number incorrect on this immigrant visa summary that is attached to the big envelope.

this is the house number of the address for the U.S.

I don't want this to cause havoc for anything that will be mailed to the u.s. address.

not sure what to do to rectify this or if he just needs to correct it at port of entry.

please let me know if you have heard of this happening to anyone else.

thanks
Old Aug 4th 2011, 3:26 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wrong address on Immigrant Data Summary on Visa packet just recieved

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
Hi,

Not sure if this is a problem. My husband noticed on his immigrant visa packet that they have the house number incorrect on this immigrant visa summary that is attached to the big envelope.

I don't want this to cause havoc for anything that will be mailed to the u.s. address.

not sure what to do to rectify this or if he just needs to correct it at port of entry.

thanks
Knowing that you just spotted this on the airplane over the Atlantic, how are you able to post on BE from the airplane?
Old Aug 4th 2011, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice
Default Re: wrong address on Immigrant Data Summary on Visa packet just recieved

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Knowing that you just spotted this on the airplane over the Atlantic, how are you able to post on BE from the airplane?
Why do you think we are over the Atlantic? The visa packet came in the mail today. The data summary sheet is attached to the outside of the big envelope.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

thanks
It can be corrected at the POE.

Rene
Old Aug 4th 2011, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
Thanks,

I just hope he doesnt forget to let them know in all his excitement !!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Rene
Update:
My husband pointed out the incorrect address to POE officials and he said they looked in his brown envelope documents and said that it was correct on those documents and that it should be fine.

However, he has been here nearly three weeks and we havent received any documentation from SSN or US Welcome packet, etc. Is this within the normal time frame for receiving these? or is there something we should be doing more?

Thanks!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 7:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Update:
My husband pointed out the incorrect address to POE officials and he said they looked in his brown envelope documents and said that it was correct on those documents and that it should be fine.

However, he has been here nearly three weeks and we havent received any documentation from SSN or US Welcome packet, etc. Is this within the normal time frame for receiving these? or is there something we should be doing more?

Thanks!
I'm a little confused. I thought the problem was that his UK address was listed wrong on the envelope he received from the consulate. As long as the POE has his US correct address, all should be fine. His UK address is no longer applicable.

Three weeks is still within normal range for not having heard anything yet.

Rene
Old Oct 28th 2011, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

I'm a little confused. I thought the problem was that his UK address was listed wrong on the envelope he received from the consulate. As long as the POE has his US correct address, all should be fine. His UK address is no longer applicable.

Three weeks is still within normal range for not having heard anything yet.

Rene
ok, thanks.
Originally when he received the visa brown packet it had a summary sheet on the front which had the U.S. address we would be moving to and the house number was totally wrong... like the number is 4007 but they had 447 or something on the summary sheet.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

UPDATE:
Make sure address is correct!

We never did receive the welcome packet and green card because of this.

I just called the USCIS AND IT WAS SENT TO THE INCORRECT ADDRESS.

I have been concerned about this since we were in London. The VISA packet came with a summary sheet attached and the number of our street or house in the U.S. was incorrect.
My husband told the officers at POE and they looked it up on the computer and said that it was correct there so it would not matter.

Well apparently it mattered.

And then they said that luckily the card was returned undeliverable to them.

Otherwise we would have to pay to have the card replaced and go thru some process to do that. That doesnt seem right. We have been contacting USCIS the whole way and still we would have been held accountable for what was ultimately a typo of some sort by them.

So we will now get the welcome notice and card in 2 to 3 weeks.

So just beware for incorrect addresses. Luckily ours was returned!!