Word back from Senator on our K-1 - We got an RFE! :(

Wikiposts

Word back from Senator on our K-1 - We got an RFE! :(

Old Mar 18th 2004, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Word back from Senator on our K-1 - We got an RFE! :(

James, I'm sorry i'm late to your thread.... so sorry to hear you got an RFE, but at least you know someone has been working on your case. Think positive, you will get your visa and soon be with angie, Good luck.

Lily,
Old Mar 18th 2004, 1:31 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

James,

Sorry to hear you got an RFE...we'd gotten one too, it's a bummer, isn't it? I'll bet it's just a minor thing, but it's a delay nonetheless. Anyone can get an RFE, we had an attorney and we got an RFE, but it wasn't for anything major. But at least you know they've been working on it, and that there's some sign of life at the NSC I hope the remainder of the process goes by quickly for you two, hang in there.

Juliet
Old Mar 18th 2004, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mcjimbo

Well today when I checked my online status is now changed and says:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Receipt Number: LIN0326............

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On March 17, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James
James,

This is the same online status that we had with our RFE, so yes, this is the "typical" language they use. As for FAQ on RFE's - I don't know of any. The only thing you can do is wait for the letter, there's no way to find out ahead of time. You should get the letter in the next few days. When you get the letter there will be a green cover sheet with the Case Officers ID number, etc and a letter stating excatly what they need from you. You need to send these (originals) back with whatever it is they're asking for (Make copies of everything first!) Make sure you send it back to the address they give you (It's a different POBox and you address it to "RFE Unit" - At least that's how mine was through the TSC.

Good luck - you'll know something soon

Angela
Old Mar 18th 2004, 6:48 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by WiAnSiempre
James,

This is the same online status that we had with our RFE, so yes, this is the "typical" language they use. As for FAQ on RFE's - I don't know of any. The only thing you can do is wait for the letter, there's no way to find out ahead of time. You should get the letter in the next few days. When you get the letter there will be a green cover sheet with the Case Officers ID number, etc and a letter stating excatly what they need from you. You need to send these (originals) back with whatever it is they're asking for (Make copies of everything first!) Make sure you send it back to the address they give you (It's a different POBox and you address it to "RFE Unit" - At least that's how mine was through the TSC.

Good luck - you'll know something soon

Angela
Thanks for confirming that, good to know.