Word back from Senator on our K-1 - We got an RFE! :(

Wikiposts

Word back from Senator on our K-1 - We got an RFE! :(

Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:13 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Word back from Senator on our K-1 - We got an RFE! :(

Hi everyone,

Angie just got off the phone with her senators office to be told that our application is being sent back to us because they need further evidence. So it's an RFE. I would say i'm a little crushed as this completely delays our plans, and makes me question whether we will be completely approved before the wedding.

What I find interesting is that the senators office can find this out, yet there is no mention of this on the USCIS case status online check? Also they told the senators office it could take 3-6 weeks for them to get around to sending our application back?

Is that a realistic timescale, or are they just overestimating?

In a way i'm glad we know something, but quite upset. We spent so long preparing this application and all the evidence. I just can't believe we got an RFE. I just hope its something minor and not major.

Anyway i'm off to bed

James
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Word back from Senator on our K-1 - We got an RFE! :(

1. If you are marring on a K-1 it HAS to be approved before you get married. Unless you are going to get married overseas then you will need to refile as a K-3. Or unless you intend to get married while your fiancee is visiting; and since you have already filed a K-1 that would really put you down the creek without a paddle.

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Hi everyone,

Angie just got off the phone with her senators office to be told that our application is being sent back to us because they need further evidence. So it's an RFE. I would say i'm a little crushed as this completely delays our plans, and makes me question whether we will be completely approved before the wedding.

What I find interesting is that the senators office can find this out, yet there is no mention of this on the USCIS case status online check? Also they told the senators office it could take 3-6 weeks for them to get around to sending our application back?

In a way i'm glad we know something, but quite upset. We spent so long preparing this application and all the evidence. I just can't believe we got an RFE. I just hope its something minor and not major.

Anyway i'm off to bed

James
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone,

Anyway i'm off to bed

James

I am so, so, so sorry to hear that!!!

I'll be thinking of you, and hoping you get the RFE as soon as possible so that you can respond...

We're all here to talk to when you need to vent or rant or just have people to talk to who understand how hard this is...
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:33 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, Lordy. So sorry to hear about this, James. Looking on the bright side, at least you know that your file's received human contact now. I can't give any ideas on timelines, etc, but I hope this blows over quickly for you.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

ajayd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Anyway i'm off to bed

James

sorry to hear that .. hopefully its not that major.. and u will get approved pretty soon..
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lpdiver
1. If you are marring on a K-1 it HAS to be approved before you get married. Unless you are going to get married overseas then you will need to refile as a K-3. Or unless you intend to get married while your fiancee is visiting; and since you have already filed a K-1 that would really put you down the creek without a paddle.

He's just saying this because I know he has his wedding already booked and scheduled for sometime this summer. I don't think he's actually planning on marrying before the K-1 approval.

Mcjimbo - So sorry to hear about the RFE, but atleast you know something! Remember, the online status has been known to be wrong or never updated. I don't think it will take them as long as 3 - 6 weeks to send to you. If what they are telling the Senator's office is correct, you should get something in the mail soon, like within a week or so. (of course, who knows really .. ) Then, depending on what it is for, if you can send it right back to them, it shouldn't delay you too long. Our RFE added an additional 3 weeks to the whole process (see our timeline). Good luck and hope you find out soon what it's for!

Angela
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

James
Sorry to hear about the RFE. I hope it doesn't take too long to reach you and that it's nothing major. They'll probably ask for something you've already sent them knowing the USCIS. At least you have London as your consulate and they seem to be pretty speedy. Keep us posted!!

Best of Luck!!!!!!

MarDae
Old Mar 17th 2004, 11:32 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Anyway i'm off to bed

James
So they "did" process your case (sending an RFE "is" "initial processing") before it became overdue as per the calculation using the Service Center report.

And sorry to hear you are getting an RFE. There seems to be a rash of them lately, being reported by DIY'ers in this group.

I assume they "really" need something and that you will be getting your RFE notice soon. I personally don't think they single out a case to screw with, however it is also a well known fact that they ask that one and only one line of inquiry be used when contacting them. It really pisses them off to have their time wasted when having to answer multiple inquiries by the petitioner, then the Congressman, then the Senator, etc. Again, even when this does happen (multiple inquiries) they should not take it out on a given case… but you never know.

It is also a waste of their time to contact them about a case when it is not yet overdue.

(And by bringing this up, I'm not saying you made multiple inquiries, as I don't remember your facts so I don't know if you did this).

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Mar 17th 2004 at 1:17 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 1:21 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

What I find interesting is that the senators office can find this out, yet there is no mention of this on the USCIS case status online check?
It's not uncommon at all for the on-line or phone system to not be updated with the "next" thing that happens with a case. This happens for a variety of reasons, and it's been confirmed many times over now by DIY'ers in this very group who report the system did not reflect the filing of their case, or the approval of their case. Not reflecting the RFE is just another version of the exact same thing.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Damn James, I am so sorry to hear this. Keep your chin up (easier said than done), I'm sure it would be something simple, as you've said before what you included w/your I-129f and it seemed like quite a bit. I sincerely hope that you receive the RFE quickly so that you can reply quickly to it.

Just don't do anything to rash if you don't get approved in time. I think it would be far worse to be separated very soon after marriage than it would be to reschedule a wedding - esp after all the waiting you've gone through so far.

Good luck, James, my thougths are with you.
Jamie

Hi everyone,

Anyway i'm off to bed

James
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:24 pm
dave w

Hi everyone,

Anyway i'm off to bed

James
the nebraska center seems to have problems with divorce papers from the UK, perhaps this is also your delay.

Old Mar 17th 2004, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Jay27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your RFE. Hang in there.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:14 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words, after sleeping on it I feel a little better. I think more than anything i'm glad to actually hear something although its negative, i was starting to think they'd lost my application and we'd be back to square 1!

Well today when I checked my online status is now changed and says:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Receipt Number: LIN0326............

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On March 17, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure i've read wording on hear for RFE's and it differs to that. So is it an RFE, or something else? Obviously it says "requesting additional evidence" but i'm sure most people's RFE text reads differently to that, perhaps i'm mistaken or they've updated the text on the website.

Anyway thanks a lot everyone again. To confirm a few things i've never been married before (im 24, Angies 21), we only contacted our senator once and no one else apart from the inquiry line a few times which yielded nothing, also I don't plan on doing anything rash and will pursue this damn Fiancee visa until we get approved!

I've made a great bunch of friends through here, Angie and I really appreciate all the advice/kind words.

James
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

clare47uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your RFE but it's good to see that the online status has now been updated, you should get your letter stating what they need in about a weeks time now.

My experience was that the next week or two will go fairly quickly because you won't be checking the online status all the time. Once you have returned what they need past experiences of others going through Nebraska have shown that they usually only take a matter of days to deal with what you send them.

I'm dreading getting another one from Vermont, our experience is that they take 1.5 to 2 months to deal with them there and I don't want to have to go through that again.

Good Luck

Clare
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:41 pm

Is there an RFE FAQ? Or some advice people can give so we can be 100% prepared for every eventuality?

This is a grey area for me, and one I don't know too much on.

Thanks in advance

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.