Woot, got my SSN

Old Feb 25th 2003, 1:46 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough
Default Woot, got my SSN

And it was a surprisingly quick and painless experience, much easier than I had thought it would be. I guess the bad experiences of some people on these forums had tinged me with the worry that things would go wrong.

January 28th, I collected my EAD from the INS.
Feb 14th, myself and my wife go to the SS office to get our new cards (hers is a change of name).
Everything went fine. Whatever information the SS needed to access from the INS was available in the online database, and they were able to process my application there and then.

Perhaps that shows it's wise to wait a week or so after receiving your EAD,so your data to be entered into the system.
Yesterday, ten days later, I received my new card.

Yay me!

Now we just have the long, dark wait for the AOS interview.
Old Feb 25th 2003, 1:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woot, got my SSN

Congratulations Nathan. I know you are in the Greater New York area, as I am, and I'm pleased that NYC INS updated their records so quickly.

FTR, Jim had to wait nearly three months for them to verify his status after AOS. They had him listed in the data base as a Religious Worker according to the clerk at the SSA office.

Rete
Old Feb 25th 2003, 2:12 am
unDAUNTEd

KissingtheBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Woot, got my SSN

Originally posted by nathan barley
And it was a surprisingly quick and painless experience, much easier than I had thought it would be. I guess the bad experiences of some people on these forums had tinged me with the worry that things would go wrong.

January 28th, I collected my EAD from the INS.
Feb 14th, myself and my wife go to the SS office to get our new cards (hers is a change of name).
Everything went fine. Whatever information the SS needed to access from the INS was available in the online database, and they were able to process my application there and then.

Perhaps that shows it's wise to wait a week or so after receiving your EAD,so your data to be entered into the system.
Yesterday, ten days later, I received my new card.

Yay me!

Now we just have the long, dark wait for the AOS interview.
Ooooh, congrats!!! I am SOOO jealous.

Ang