WooHooo I have my K1

Old Sep 15th 2004, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

aldixie has a spectacular aura aboutaldixie has a spectacular aura aboutaldixie has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up WooHooo I have my K1

Hi to everyone,

Last friday had my medical and interview at the London embassy. I have my K1 visa. Got to Cumberland place for my medical too early.But still waited around with my fiancee who flew in on the Thursday.

Medical was quick,just the waiting about. Took some blood and had chest X-ray. I had already gone to my Gp and got all my shots upto date. Then it was off to the Embassy. Took about 30 mins to be called up to present the paperwork then waited around for about another 40 mins to be called up for the interview.

The interview was over in seconds,nothing to worry about just questions on how we met and when we had visited each other. The guy was very nice and ended with a welcome to the United States.So we were in the embassy for about a hour and a half.

So to get my K1 took 9 months from start to finish.

It still really hasn't sunken in. Thanks to all the links off of this site and questions answered.

I'm off to the US in November. Taking most of my stuff with me as travelling with family for the wedding. Have a quick question??? Should I declare all of my belongings at customs as I'll have 4 packing crates with me.

Once again thanks,

Alex
Old Sep 15th 2004, 5:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WooHooo I have my K1

Originally Posted by aldixie
Hi to everyone,

Last friday had my medical and interview at the London embassy. I have my K1 visa. Got to Cumberland place for my medical too early.But still waited around with my fiancee who flew in on the Thursday.

Medical was quick,just the waiting about. Took some blood and had chest X-ray. I had already gone to my Gp and got all my shots upto date. Then it was off to the Embassy. Took about 30 mins to be called up to present the paperwork then waited around for about another 40 mins to be called up for the interview.

The interview was over in seconds,nothing to worry about just questions on how we met and when we had visited each other. The guy was very nice and ended with a welcome to the United States.So we were in the embassy for about a hour and a half.

It still really hasn't sunken in. Thanks to all the links off of this site and questions answered.

I'm off to the US in November. Taking most of my stuff with me as travelling with family for the wedding. Have a quick question??? Should I declare all of my belongings at customs as I'll have 4 packing crates with me.

Once again thanks,

Alex
Congratulations!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Hi to everyone,

Once again thanks,

Alex
Hey Alex, congratulations!

Which service center where you going through?
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

pkmk is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: WooHooo I have my K1

Congrats
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations....
Old Sep 15th 2004, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

theangells is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats !!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 9:50 am
Just Joined

aldixie has a spectacular aura aboutaldixie has a spectacular aura aboutaldixie has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: WooHooo I have my K1

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
Hey Alex, congratulations!

Which service center where you going through?

We went through the TSC.

Regards,

Alex
Old Jun 4th 2005, 12:34 am
Just Joined

Talking Further updates.

Hi Everyone,

A lot has happened since my last post. Moved out to the US beginning of November and got married on the 20th November. Had a great wedding with friends that flew out for it.

Applied for AOS and EAD in December. In January I got notice of status to apply for Biometrics. Earliest appointment was 2nd March. Went to biometrics and two weeks later got my EAD and applied for SSN number.Got that ten days later.

We received notice of status for AOS Interview in April and went to that on May 25th. AOS was approved and my passport stamped, should have my two year green card in the next week and now have permission to travel out of the country.

Have also taken my Texas driving test, very easy had to do written and road test.Scored 92% on written test,had to go back three days in a row to get road test.Lasted less then 20 minutes,three left turns,three right turns and a parallel park.I took the test in my wifes F150 extended cab pickup which was funny as everyone else had small cars for the parallel park.

So now I'm a legal resident and have a good job offer pending.

Alex&Jean
Old Jun 4th 2005, 1:29 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Further updates.

So now I'm a legal resident and have a good job offer pending.
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Jun 4th 2005, 2:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Further updates.

Wow, a lot happened in seven months! Congratulations!

Rene