Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

WooHoo! London interview!

WooHoo! London interview!

Old Jun 10th 2003, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

AdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura about
Default WooHoo! London interview!

Angelus71 called me this morning at 4:15AM EST to let me know that he received an email from the US Embassy in London.
They have scheduled him for his interview on July 2, 2003! I'm dancing over here at my desk at work!

Anyone else with a July 2 interview at London?

AdiaStar

Last edited by AdiaStar; Jun 10th 2003 at 12:47 am.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 12:58 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: WooHoo! London interview!

Originally posted by AdiaStar
Angelus71 called me this morning at 4:15AM EST to let me know that he received an email from the US Embassy in London.
They have scheduled him for his interview on July 2, 2003! I'm dancing over here at my desk at work!

AdiaStar

WOW!!! Congratulations! That was fast from NVC through to the interview date! Any tips or advice as to how to make the process that fast, ours should be at NVC now......
Old Jun 10th 2003, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

AdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura about

Hey Rob,

I don't know about making the process go fast(we've just been really, really lucky-but with me living in NYC, the AOS process will be a nightmare compared to this!) but I will say that Angelus71 emailed the Embassy a few days after he sent packet three. They are really good with responding to the emails. They have answered ours in less than 24 hours.
He emailed them last week, and they said that they just received his paperwork and that he can email them back this week to see if an interview date was scheduled. He emailed yesterday afternoon and got a response this morning.

I must say that this board helped out alot. Thanks to everyone!

AdiaStar
Old Jun 10th 2003, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

congrats =)

hopefully my timeline wont be too far behind yours as we were approved NOA2 05/31 so are 21 days or so behind you...

I would dearly love to get an interview by the end of July ...and your post has made me think we might just do it =) We were thinking of a wedding at the beginning of august but have had to put the plans on hold till I get an interview date... middly july would be really good heh =)

The very best of luck with the interview... keep us informed!

Lee
Old Jun 10th 2003, 4:33 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WooHoo! London interview!

AdiaStar
Awwwww great news AdiaStar!!! Check out Thing2 and Gasherjohn's interviews. All will be great!!
Best of everything

Cindy
Old Jun 13th 2003, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Suzanne & Kevin is an unknown quantity at this point

What e-mail address have you been using for the embassy? It would be great to know how to get a hold of them without paying for the toll phone number.

Thanks!

Hey Rob,

I don't know about making the process go fast(we've just been really, really lucky-but with me living in NYC, the AOS process will be a nightmare compared to this!) but I will say that Angelus71 emailed the Embassy a few days after he sent packet three. They are really good with responding to the emails. They have answered ours in less than 24 hours.
He emailed them last week, and they said that they just received his paperwork and that he can email them back this week to see if an interview date was scheduled. He emailed yesterday afternoon and got a response this morning.

I must say that this board helped out alot. Thanks to everyone!

AdiaStar
Old Jun 13th 2003, 7:51 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Suzanne & Kevin
What e-mail address have you been using for the embassy? It would be great to know how to get a hold of them without paying for the toll phone number.

Thanks!
Here's the e-mail address

[email protected]

Nice to see another Manc on here!
Old Jun 13th 2003, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Or you can use this link to submit an email through their website:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/moreinfo.htm

Good Luck to all!

AdiaStar

Last edited by AdiaStar; Jun 13th 2003 at 8:00 am.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

your timeline has given me more hope again...

it seems the closer it gets the harder it is... I have started selling stuff from my house and packing my life now, while waiting for the London packet 3... just to try and keep myself busy...

The very best of luck at the interview... I am hoping for one around mid july now as I cleared the NVC on 6/10
Old Jun 13th 2003, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Angelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really nice

Originally posted by leebarton
your timeline has given me more hope again...

it seems the closer it gets the harder it is... I have started selling stuff from my house and packing my life now, while waiting for the London packet 3... just to try and keep myself busy...

The very best of luck at the interview... I am hoping for one around mid july now as I cleared the NVC on 6/10
It does get harder Lee

I have my interview in a couple of weeks time, I know the time will fly by...but it's gonna feel like months while I wait.

I can't believe just how fast the whole process has been. I didn't think it would be this quick!. I'm just happy that we got to go through Vermont. I can only imagine just how bad it is going through the other service centers ( spelt centers that way to get in practice for the future! ).

Good luck to all

Regards
Angelus71
Old Jun 13th 2003, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Best of luck Lee!

This happened much quicker than expected! Angelus71 and I were planning for him to be doing his interview sometime in August by looking at other timelines. And there's a good chance that he will be here at the end of July! WooHoo!

What a happy day that is going to be!

So many plans to make and forms to fill out and offices to go to, and lines to wait on, etc. But all worth it in the end!

Good Luck all!
Old Jun 14th 2003, 3:51 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck Lee!

This happened much quicker than expected! Angelus71 and I were planning for him to be doing his interview sometime in August by looking at other timelines. And there's a good chance that he will be here at the end of July! WooHoo!

What a happy day that is going to be!

So many plans to make and forms to fill out and offices to go to, and lines to wait on, etc. But all worth it in the end!

Good Luck all!

Okay kids, now's the time to start looking at flights to the US. Remember this is high season (meaning popular season!!!). So prepare to be a little flexible on your dates. This is your mother, the travel agent speaking,
Old Jun 14th 2003, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Angelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really nice

Originally posted by cindyabs
Okay kids, now's the time to start looking at flights to the US. Remember this is high season (meaning popular season!!!). So prepare to be a little flexible on your dates. This is your mother, the travel agent speaking,

The best price I've found for a flight is £346 ( inc tax ) for a one way ticket from Dawson & Sanderson. Once I find out if I get my visa on July 2nd, I'll be booking that ticket the day after.
Old Jun 14th 2003, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking at £656 for my one way fair on BA for the middle of july The two way is nearly £700!
Old Jun 15th 2003, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

I have always booked BA flights through www.britishairways.com, and have never paid more than £350 for a return flight, even when I booked a few days in advance at the end of May...

Are you looking at travel agents or the web sites directly of the companies?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.