Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

will first affadavit of support affect second one?

will first affadavit of support affect second one?

Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

sea_dave is on a distinguished road
Default will first affadavit of support affect second one?

i am sponsoring a second k-1 beneficiary.. will my sponorship of the first k-1 affect my affadavit of support? In other words do I need to qualify for three in the household instead of two? or how does that work??
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: will first affadavit of support affect second one?

Originally Posted by sea_dave
i am sponsoring a second k-1 beneficiary.. will my sponorship of the first k-1 affect my affadavit of support? In other words do I need to qualify for three in the household instead of two? or how does that work??
What happened to the first one?

Stayed in the US? Went back home? Got US citizenship?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

i am sponsoring a second k-1 beneficiary.. will my sponorship of the first k-1 affect my affadavit of support?
No, it will have no effect... although I believe you have to declare it.

In other words do I need to qualify for three in the household instead of two? or how does that work??
Unless your first wife is still living with you, it'll just be you and the new girl.

Oh... did you get divorced from the first wife? You need proof of divorce before you can file an I-129F.

Ian
Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on whether or not your first wife ever became a US PR. If she did, and still is one, then you need to claim her on the I-864 (and probably the I-134 as well), even though you are divorced. If your first wife never adjusted status, never got her green card, or has since become a USC or left the USA permanently, then you don't need to claim her.

Rene
Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It depends on whether or not your first wife ever became a US PR. If she did, and still is one, then you need to claim her on the I-864 (and probably the I-134 as well), even though you are divorced. If your first wife never adjusted status, never got her green card, or has since become a USC or left the USA permanently, then you don't need to claim her.

Rene
If you never married the first K-1 beneficiary at all, then you don't need to claim her.

Rene
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

What about your children? Don't forget to count them.

Since you sponsored an immigrant in the past, and her I-864 has not been discharged (unless you found out that she left the US permanently), you will have to declare that (and count her) on the I-864.

I don't think that the I-134 has a provision for that, but the CO will know how recently you sponsored another fiancee from other parts of your paperwork, so he may account for that when adjudicating the visa app for this K-1.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Was the prior affidavit of support filed with you as a co-sponsor? Did the person later adjust? If so, are you on the I-864?

You are not clear on your posting.

WHO did you file the affidavits of support for? Are you talking just about the I-134 or the I-864? Did the prior person adjust?

Without that information, no one can begin to really answer your question -- we don't really know what the question is yet.

[To others in the forum -- "Sea_Dave" rings a bell in my head -- I have not looked up his history.]

Last edited by Folinskyinla; Jan 24th 2008 at 5:06 pm. Reason: Add comment about "Sea_Dave"
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
[To others in the forum -- "Sea_Dave" rings a bell in my head -- I have not looked up his history.]
This explains a bit more, from Oct 2006: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403586

Still not 100% clear whether the ex-wife abandoned her PR status or not. She ran off, but where is she now? If she stayed in the USA and is still a PR, he needs to include her.

If she left the USA permanently or is now a USC, he doesn't need to include her.

Rene
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi
LOL ..very good Stuart .. Think the Kentucky
fried chicken wedding feast ..
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

sea_dave is on a distinguished road

the last thing she had done was file for removal of conditions... I have no idea where she is or what her status is.. I would assume she is still in the usa, and she is probably a perm resident by now...
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

do u know if ur divorced?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:49 pm

the last thing she had done was file for removal of conditions... I have no idea where she is or what her status is.. I would assume she is still in the usa, and she is probably a perm resident by now...
If she's still in the USA and is still only a PR, then yes, you'd need to claim her, even though you are divorced.

Rene