Reload this Page >

Wife's Visa Refused - Need Advise urgently

Wife's Visa Refused - Need Advise urgently

Old May 31st 2005, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Bordoisila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife's Visa Refused - Need Advise urgently

Hi All,

I am planing to go to the UK to work.I have already got the work permit.After that I applied for the entry clearance visa for myself and my wife.What happened during that tiem was our applications were sent seperately.Now I recieved my visa but my wife's dependent visa was refused and she was give form APP 200 and two reasons :

(1) Not satisfied that he/she is married to a person who has been granted entry clearance as a work permit holder;

(2) there will be adequate accommodation for the parties (and any dependants) without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively;

actually her application was considered before mine and there was no entry clearance evidence of mine in her application ( since mine was not stamped at that time ) - Now i have the entry clearance

for the second reason - should I go to teh UK first and lease a house ?

I wanted to knwo if I should reapply for her now with my entry clearance stamp or better that i wait and also lease a house and then with both new evidence reapply ??

It dose not look like that i should appeal.I would really appreaciate some input on this.
Old May 31st 2005, 12:36 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: Wife's Visa Refused - Need Advise urgently

What country are you coming to the UK from?

I am presuming you are talking about a dependancy visa for your wife, is this correct? If you are the permit holder, you need to produce evidence of this before your wife can obtain a dependancy visa.

Where abouts in the UK are you planning to live, I might have a contact for you re accommodation, if it's in the Midlands.
Old May 31st 2005, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by claire edwards
What country are you coming to the UK from?

I am presuming you are talking about a dependancy visa for your wife, is this correct? If you are the permit holder, you need to produce evidence of this before your wife can obtain a dependancy visa.

Where abouts in the UK are you planning to live, I might have a contact for you re accommodation, if it's in the Midlands.

Hi , I am coming to the UK from India.Yes I am talking about a dependent visa for my wife.I am the permit holder , but since we applied for the visa ( my entry clearance visa ) and hers together after I got my work permit, when hers was reviewed I assume they expected a proof of my entry clearance visa too.But mine too got stamped on the same day so there is no way I could have given that proof then.But now I have my visa stamped.So I was wondering if I should re -apply now or wait until only I move to london and then also send her the house lease document along with my entry stamp and then ask her to re-apply.In USA visas they have a limit on teh no of times you can re-apply I am not sure about UK Visas.
Old May 31st 2005, 2:23 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Do you have an address you are moving to in the UK....I would try and sort this before you re-apply. You have to satisfy that you are accommodated when you arrrive here, which is why I asked where you are coming to in the UK as I might have a contact for you. Once you have have this organised, I would re-apply for your wife, with all documentation, including proff of address in the UK.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by claire edwards
Do you have an address you are moving to in the UK....I would try and sort this before you re-apply. You have to satisfy that you are accommodated when you arrrive here, which is why I asked where you are coming to in the UK as I might have a contact for you. Once you have have this organised, I would re-apply for your wife, with all documentation, including proff of address in the UK.
I am coming into London.What I need now (1) The entry clearance proof of myself - which I have now.(2) For the accomodation I am thinking of doing a hotel reservation and get a confirmed address for 3 weeks , and mention in my sponsor letter , that since even I will be going for the first time, both me and my wife will stay there for 3 weeks initially and then within that time move into a move permanant tenancy.Do you think that is good enough.Since the first condition is now met and the second is also arranged I think it should be fine.What do you say ?.Else teh other option , if they still refuse is that I go to U.K first and then lease a house there and send her the documents.My only worry in this case is that re-applying more than once should not leave a bad impression on the visa officer.Do you think its normal to re-apply and keep re-applying until teh conditions are met.I only keep losing teh application fee each time.

Last edited by Bordoisila; Jun 2nd 2005 at 10:51 am.