wife ran off

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

sea_dave is on a distinguished road
Default wife ran off

my wife ran off after we had filed for removal of conditions

I should call immigration and let them know that the information isnt correct and I understand from reading that she will have to file again....

so what are her chances of staying in the US

i had an attorney tell me they are cracking down on these wives running off .. and she had a good chance of being sent back...

I know she commited fraud and didnt enter the marriage in good faith, but Im not wasting time on this.

she told me she left a great life in her home country... ha ha I offered to send her a free plane ticket if its so great, but didnt get a response..

what a phony

live and learn... lots of nice girls from there, but I got a loser

Last edited by sea_dave; Oct 22nd 2006 at 1:10 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wife ran off

Sea_Save .. that a name from the past ....
once she divorces you .. she will get to stay ....
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sea_dave
I understand from reading that she will have to file again....
Yes, but so what?

Surprisingly, quite excellent.

i had an attorney tell me ... she had a good chance of being sent back...
Well, he's wrong.

I know she commited fraud and didnt enter the marriage in good faith...
Just because it didn't work out doesn't prove anything.

... but Im not wasting time on this.
Then why are you posting here whining about it?

... lots of nice girls from there, but I got a loser
Seems to me you guys were a perfect fit!

Ian
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Paradise isn't what you thought it would be. Sorry about that. Perhaps it was the KFC at the wedding reception that set the tone for the eschewing years?

Not a damn thing you can or should do. If she ran off, what did she away from or did she calmly leave after telling you she didn't want to be married to you any longer. Two very different scenarios IMHO. If she ran off, then you and/or USCIS won't know where to find her so how would she get the notice advising her of her petition's status?

I should call immigration and let them know that the information isnt correct and I understand from reading that she will have to file again....

i had an attorney tell me they are cracking down on these wives running off .. and she had a good chance of being sent back...

I know she commited fraud and didnt enter the marriage in good faith, but Im not wasting time on this.

she told me she left a great life in her home country... ha ha I offered to send her a free plane ticket if its so great, but didnt get a response..

what a phony

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

sea_dave is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rete
Paradise isn't what you thought it would be. Sorry about that. Perhaps it was the KFC at the wedding reception that set the tone for the eschewing years?

Not a damn thing you can or should do. If she ran off, what did she away from or did she calmly leave after telling you she didn't want to be married to you any longer. Two very different scenarios IMHO. If she ran off, then you and/or USCIS won't know where to find her so how would she get the notice advising her of her petition's status?

ya i knew you guys would get a laugh out of this one...

what a waste of time and money though...

take care...
Mr Guapo ( aka seadave)
Old Oct 24th 2006, 4:53 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

what a phony

What did the President say?

(by the way - if that is a picture of her on your profile page.. be happy for the time you had with her, lad!)

Last edited by CarlM; Oct 24th 2006 at 4:57 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CarlM
(by the way - if that is a picture of her on your profile page.. be happy for the time you had with her, lad!)
Quite passable totty.

But back to the issue:

1. The thing you have most to concern yourself with is the Affadavit of Support, so if she has really run off and disappeared, then that sounds all the better for you.

2. Her immigration issues are her problem, but it is very rare you hear of someone having issues getting their 10 year GC after divorce.

3. And there are of course plenty more from where she came from, next time lucky?
Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

bguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nice

Just Let Her Go And Do Not Worry About It. Move On.