Wikiposts

Wife has gone AWOL!

Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:04 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife has gone AWOL!

Originally Posted by englandispony
Our original att(who can no longer act for me) said thats the only way to go but i did'nt ask the new one. He said go to Nevada,get a divorce then marry again if that is what i want. I mean really? That looks ridiculous,surely?
Is there anyone on the horizon?

You really need 2 advisors: one for the marital matter and the other for the immigration. They are two separate but connected things.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:04 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

oh sorry did'nt answer all questions. My attorney knows she has gone AWOL. Plus i don't know what grounds she has filed an annulment. If its fraud that really kills me.
If it was fraud, that might. If, however, she merely alleges fraud, that's probably neither here nor there.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:05 am
Just Joined

englandispony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gingerert
Based on my "extensive" legal knowledge (and the fact I watched Friends where the same thing happened ), I have to raise a red flag here. You can't file an annulment with just one party, can you? Don't both partners have to sign it?

If you didn't sign owt, you're still technically married, I believe.

Of course, this may be incorrect and probably doesn't help your case very much, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.
I think it depends on what grounds. It seems to me that she may have used fraud as the basis. If that is the case then that is pretty bad.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:06 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

He says go to nevada to get a divorce because its much quicker. Then marry again!!
He thinks the situation is hopeless then as well.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:06 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends on what grounds. It seems to me that she may have used fraud as the basis. If that is the case then that is pretty bad.
But you would still have to sign it, or be notified legally, or summoned or something... surely? Otherwise how would you know you're free to marry again?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lansbury
He thinks the situation is hopeless then as well.
He does seem like he is a pretty good attorney. Much better than the one we originally used. He basically said go home or Nevada...not again,just got back from vegas in one piece!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Our original att(who can no longer act for me) said thats the only way to go but i did'nt ask the new one. He said go to Nevada,get a divorce then marry again if that is what i want. I mean really? That looks ridiculous,surely?

Sorry but are you a troll?

The situation is outrageous and very very difficult to swallow.

And on top of that you are saying an immigration attorney advised you to get a divorce and remarry someone you pick up off the street so that you can file for residency? Did he also tell you to be sure that she is a good actress and that you paid her enough not to slip the beans to the USCIS and have you imprisoned and deported and that she can be fined and jailed as well for complicity?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by robin1234
This is a tough one. One option would be to return to the United Kingdom.
But i have already violated the VWP. I was married within the 90 days but did'nt file for changing status until 15 oct. If i went home how long will they ban me for? any idea?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit

You really need 2 advisors: one for the marital matter and the other for the immigration. They are two separate but connected things.
Yeah there is actually someone else. The feed back im gettin is that remarriage is better than VAWA. Im tryin to contact attorney but no joy at present,thanks for your time by the way..
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:21 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Sorry but are you a troll?

The situation is outrageous and very very difficult to swallow.
you think
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:30 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

What a tragic story. It must have come a complete shock to you that a woman that you loved and shared such intimacy with turned out to not be who you thought she was.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:33 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Oh for pity's sake D, you would condone that? Stay in Ameriki no matter what?

Yeah there is actually someone else.
You've managed to find another woman, while you were married, who you can enter into a bona fide marriage that is not solely for the immigration benefit?

To think, it took me 38 years to find one.

I'm moving this to the visa forum now that it's clear you want immigration information.

IMO, you should return to the UK. You won't be able to use the VWP to visit anymore but if it is true love with Ms #2, she can come visit you.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:35 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

You married someone you knew for less than 3 months
- it would appear that you are an idiot.

You are considering marrying someone else that you have just met
- it would appear that you are an idiot.

During periods of prolonged idiocy, it is best to be in environments and/or people that one is familiar with, while one searches for the lost common sense.
- go home to UK
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:40 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

But i have already violated the VWP. I was married within the 90 days but did'nt file for changing status until 15 oct. If i went home how long will they ban me for? any idea?
I see what you mean but what I really meant was, an option would be to return to the United Kingdom and actually stay there. Someone on the radio the other day said Bridlington is really very similar to Los Angeles, so there you go.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I came to CA on June 1st 09 on the VWP. I met someone and got married in August.
Due to waiting on various legal docs from UK(birth Cert etc),we filed to change my imm status after my visa ran out.Although we married before it ran out.
My attorney informed me this was'nt the end of the world as long as all goes well in imm interview. Our interview is scheduled for next week but the wife has got cold feet,gone missing and changed her number.
I have since found out that she is a crystal meth addict! In the last conversation she told me she had got an annulment. Does anyone have any idea what i can do next???....I am runnin out of time!!

Cheers:
When you go to the AOS interview next week, if your wife is not with you, or if your marriage no longer exists (has been annulled), your AOS will be denied.

You should then leave the USA and not return until your ban is up. At that time, you'll need to apply for a B tourist visa if you want to visit the USA again.

If you have another love interest going on right now, have her immigrate to the UK to be with you.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.