Wife has gone AWOL!

Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

englandispony is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Wife has gone AWOL!

Hi,
I came to CA on June 1st 09 on the VWP. I met someone and got married in August.
Due to waiting on various legal docs from UK(birth Cert etc),we filed to change my imm status after my visa ran out.Although we married before it ran out.
My attorney informed me this was'nt the end of the world as long as all goes well in imm interview. Our interview is scheduled for next week but the wife has got cold feet,gone missing and changed her number.
I have since found out that she is a crystal meth addict! In the last conversation she told me she had got an annulment. Does anyone have any idea what i can do next???....I am runnin out of time!!

Cheers:

Last edited by englandispony; Jan 14th 2010 at 7:05 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:12 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife has gone AWOL!

This is a tough one. One option would be to return to the United Kingdom.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:12 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect the only option is return to the UK but legal advice is the most important thing. What does your attorney say.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:28 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englandispony
Hi,
I came to CA on June 1st 09 on the VWP. I met someone and got married in August.
Due to waiting on various legal docs from UK(birth Cert etc),we filed to change my imm status after my visa ran out.Although we married before it ran out.
My attorney informed me this was'nt the end of the world as long as all goes well in imm interview. Our interview is scheduled for next week but the wife has got cold feet,gone missing and changed her number.
I have since found out that she is a crystal meth addict! In the last conversation she told me she had got an annulment. Does anyone have any idea what i can do next???....I am runnin out of time!!

Cheers:
What do you want to do? Stay or go?

If you go, you've probably got a 3-year ban from returning and can not user the VWP again.

If you want to stay, you've got a VAWA-type fight on your hands which will certainly cost money and maybe will or won't work out. And a 10-year ban (if you're still here a year after your I-94 expired) and you can not use the VWP again.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers:
What is the result you want? That will impact what kind of ideas people give you (lol, maybe).

You told all this to your (? immigration ?) attorney .. oh, you haven't told him that she is gone?

Based on what I see around here, it's a bit hard to swallow that a meth 'addict' is earning enough to meet the I-864, but that's just speculation.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:38 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Find another girl? Quick?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

MOM, this is what happens when you rush into marriage with someone you don't know. How could you miss that she was a crystal meth addict? I mean it is not easily hidden. Or did you think it was only recreational useage?

As spelled out you have three options, live here illegally, return to the UK and file for divorce and get on with your life, or file for residency under the VAWA act and pray for the best.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lansbury
I suspect the only option is return to the UK but legal advice is the most important thing. What does your attorney say.
He says go to nevada to get a divorce because its much quicker. Then marry again!!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
MOM, this is what happens when you rush into marriage with someone you don't know. How could you miss that she was a crystal meth addict? I mean it is not easily hidden. Or did you think it was only recreational useage?

As spelled out you have three options, live here illegally, return to the UK and file for divorce and get on with your life, or file for residency under the VAWA act and pray for the best.
There was absolutely no indication of her addiction until after the marriage.It literally took hold a week after. She kept goin missing! Is the VAWA the "abused husbands avenue"?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:53 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

He says go to nevada to get a divorce because its much quicker. Then marry again!!
Have you asked him whether he believes you have a VAWA case?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
What is the result you want? That will impact what kind of ideas people give you (lol, maybe).

You told all this to your (? immigration ?) attorney .. oh, you haven't told him that she is gone?

Based on what I see around here, it's a bit hard to swallow that a meth 'addict' is earning enough to meet the I-864, but that's just speculation.
Well i want to stay here. Her dad sponsored us because she did'nt qualify to petition for me alone.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Have you asked him whether he believes you have a VAWA case?
Our original att(who can no longer act for me) said thats the only way to go but i did'nt ask the new one. He said go to Nevada,get a divorce then marry again if that is what i want. I mean really? That looks ridiculous,surely?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Find another girl? Quick?
and re marry?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:02 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers:
Based on my "extensive" legal knowledge (and the fact I watched Friends where the same thing happened ), I have to raise a red flag here. You can't file an annulment with just one party, can you? Don't both partners have to sign it?

If you didn't sign owt, you're still technically married, I believe.

Of course, this may be incorrect and probably doesn't help your case very much, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Well i want to stay here. Her dad sponsored us because she did'nt qualify to petition for me alone.
oh sorry did'nt answer all questions. My attorney knows she has gone AWOL. Plus i don't know what grounds she has filed an annulment. If its fraud that really kills me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.