Wikiposts

Whoohoo...me update :)

Old Apr 26th 2005, 4:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whoohoo...me update :)

Well karma to whoever guesses when the card comes, if I can
Old Apr 26th 2005, 4:46 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Bob!
Fingers crossed for a short wait for your file and eventual card production... I give it 16 days
Old Apr 26th 2005, 5:27 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Bob!! I bet you'll be getting your green card in no time. Thanks for sharing your story...our own interview is coming up in barely over 2 weeks...ugh the thought of it makes me nervous
Old Apr 26th 2005, 5:31 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Whoohoo...me update :)

Originally Posted by Bob
Well that was interesting...headed off around 8am up to Augusta and then did Sam's club shopping, most gutted that they didn't have any hard liquor, but oh well...then headed up to Portland, and was well impressed because there was practically no traffic and we made awesome time, alot quicker than expected, so we went to Target and puttered around for a bit as Target is only 5 mins down the road from the district office. So about 12:30 we got to the office, waited in the car park and had sandwiches for lunch, 10 mins later, we're in the building, which is rather small....same security guy from last time who is about a million years old and really friendly, after we'd signed in, we handed him the appointment letter for the AOS and he took care of everything, we just sat around. Only a couple other people there, some Somalians changing address and someone else getting fingerprints for EAD.

Just after 1 the DAO came out, a few mins late, but not bad, and we went into a tiny office behind the metal detector. She swore us in, and then sat down....very amusing woman, very serious suit, yet she was wearing Birkenstocks and fluffy socks
Well the whole thing took about a half hour....she asked us where and how we met, how often we saw each other since, what I got my degree in and where. Then she asked for the tax records and only kept this years tax filings and transcripts and gave the other years back to us, she also gave us the folks co-support, so there off the hook as we didn't need them after all. She then said that the records still had the wrong apartment number, out by a factor of 10, even though it was right on there system, it wasn't on the main one, so she'd sort that, again. She then looked through the wedding albums, couldn't be bothered with current photo's since. Also took the most recent cable and electric bill and gave the rest back. Went over the forms to make sure everything was correct, and then I signed it as such. She then photocopied the missus passport.

This is where it got interesting, as she said we'd got everything she needed and the outcome looked promising, but because the person that signs off on the security check only comes in on a Tuesday, that that would happen tomorrow, and also that person would bring in the K1 folder and she would compare information. Once that was done, they would adjust my case and I would be informed within 5-10 days in writing if I've been approved, if I am, I'd get the greencard in a further 5-10 days, and if I weren't, then I'd get a letter explaining what to do then.

That was it, she said good bye, we left...just as we were starting the car she comes running up to us and said she'd forgotten about the medical...which I was wondering about just then, anyway, so we gave her the envelope, she opened it, said it looked good, looked at the medical stuff from London, said she didn't need it, and was about to go, so I said what about the photo's, and handed those to her, she kind of said she might as well have those as well, me, thinking damn right, those two passport photo's were $11 and I didn't spend that to look like a muppet to just keep the pics

So that was that. We then went off to the mall and puttered around for a few hours and then went to have dinner at Egg-spectations, just past the mall, which, if anyone is in Portland, really recommend it, the food was great, the prices were really good, and also the martini's were lovely...oh, and they have some really awesome dishes with eggs, but it weren't all egg's

Then on the way home we made a stop at Freeport to look around LL Beans, and I finally exchanged something that I got last year that broke straight away, but never got back there with, and that was exchanged without a problem, and then a nice quick drive back home. Loads of cops in there end of month quota, but that was it...we're well knackered, and gonna polish off the rest of the vodka
Good job Bob....... very egg - citing
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jcapulet
Congratulations Bob!! I bet you'll be getting your green card in no time. Thanks for sharing your story...our own interview is coming up in barely over 2 weeks...ugh the thought of it makes me nervous
Hehe...I was surprisingly calm until about 20 mins towards Portland, but was fine again after I got to the mall area...really started bricking it again as we sat down to wait, but I needn't have I guess.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:28 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Hehe...I was surprisingly calm until about 20 mins towards Portland, but was fine again after I got to the mall area...really started bricking it again as we sat down to wait, but I needn't have I guess.
Sound fairly easy!! I say 12 days for the card! Well done Bob!
Old Nov 19th 2005, 4:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Default Grrrrr...me update :)

Well here's an update, you'll have a giggle I'm sure...

8 months later...and here's what has happened.

No greencard because no background check, after a couple months I rang up and was told no one could sign my case yet, but the check had come back good, and to come in for info pass if I don't get the card in 6 months...well a couple days ago I went in for the info pass...

Was told someone finally got around to within the last 6 months to check and sign my case off, to find that my finger prints had expired...I should have been notified, but I wasn't...so went and had finger prints taken while I was there, and told that they should be verified within a day or two, and I should expect something within a couple weeks, and if I don't get my greencard in 6 weeks to make another info pass appointment...

But here's the funny thing, while I was there, person said my citizenship application is going well, but being held up because I needed new fingerprints, I laughed, she then said "what's funny?"..Well I muttered something about well if I can by-pass the greencard and get citizenship, that's a bonus, but I was here because I had my AOS 8 months ago and still no greencard...she went a bit pale and rushed off behind closed doors...about 10 mins later when she came back, my case file looked about a half inch thinner and she shuffled me off to the next room to get finger printed and brushed the citizenship thing aside....so that was a bugger, especially if some poor git with my name has been waiting around for citizenship...

Oh, and the really funny thing, I just got that letter this morning about going down for finger prints...it was sent out the day I went down for my info pass...lovely *l*
Old Nov 19th 2005, 4:57 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grrrrr...me update :)

Originally Posted by Bob
But here's the funny thing, while I was there, person said my citizenship application is going well, but being held up because I needed new fingerprints, I laughed, she then said "what's funny?"..Well I muttered something about well if I can by-pass the greencard and get citizenship, that's a bonus, but I was here because I had my AOS 8 months ago and still no greencard...she went a bit pale and rushed off behind closed doors...
Well, that explains a lot, doesn't it!? Love your comment about bypassing the green card -- classic! And at least you got the satisfaction of seeing all the blood drain from her face in utter embarrassment.

Here's hoping your green card comes soon...

~ Jenney
Old Nov 19th 2005, 6:00 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well here's an update, you'll have a giggle I'm sure................
Oh, and the really funny thing, I just got that letter this morning about going down for finger prints...it was sent out the day I went down for my info pass...lovely *l*

What a comedy of errors! I'm glad you can still see the funny side.

Can't be long now, surely. I hope they are so embarrassed they expedite your case.

Old Nov 19th 2005, 6:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Elvira
What a comedy of errors! I'm glad you can still see the funny side.
well you have to laugh or you'd go crazy

And yeah, hope they hurry it up, patience isn't one of my virtues, and it's certainly be stretched a fair bit already *l*
Old Nov 19th 2005, 11:45 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
well you have to laugh or you'd go crazy

And yeah, hope they hurry it up, patience isn't one of my virtues, and it's certainly be stretched a fair bit already *l*
You should have gone to Costco.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 12:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
You should have gone to Costco.
hehe...well there ain't one in Portland...Sam's Club ain't bad, but it's a bit weird in the layout compared to what I'm use to , well compared to Bangor and Augusta *l*...still made the day of it in Portland before heading up to the folks place for a couple days...missed out on splitting wood and winter proofing the house, so weren't bad timing