Wikiposts

Whoohoo...me update :)

Old Apr 25th 2005, 1:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whoohoo...me update :)

Well that was interesting...headed off around 8am up to Augusta and then did Sam's club shopping, most gutted that they didn't have any hard liquor, but oh well...then headed up to Portland, and was well impressed because there was practically no traffic and we made awesome time, alot quicker than expected, so we went to Target and puttered around for a bit as Target is only 5 mins down the road from the district office. So about 12:30 we got to the office, waited in the car park and had sandwiches for lunch, 10 mins later, we're in the building, which is rather small....same security guy from last time who is about a million years old and really friendly, after we'd signed in, we handed him the appointment letter for the AOS and he took care of everything, we just sat around. Only a couple other people there, some Somalians changing address and someone else getting fingerprints for EAD.

Just after 1 the DAO came out, a few mins late, but not bad, and we went into a tiny office behind the metal detector. She swore us in, and then sat down....very amusing woman, very serious suit, yet she was wearing Birkenstocks and fluffy socks
Well the whole thing took about a half hour....she asked us where and how we met, how often we saw each other since, what I got my degree in and where. Then she asked for the tax records and only kept this years tax filings and transcripts and gave the other years back to us, she also gave us the folks co-support, so there off the hook as we didn't need them after all. She then said that the records still had the wrong apartment number, out by a factor of 10, even though it was right on there system, it wasn't on the main one, so she'd sort that, again. She then looked through the wedding albums, couldn't be bothered with current photo's since. Also took the most recent cable and electric bill and gave the rest back. Went over the forms to make sure everything was correct, and then I signed it as such. She then photocopied the missus passport.

This is where it got interesting, as she said we'd got everything she needed and the outcome looked promising, but because the person that signs off on the security check only comes in on a Tuesday, that that would happen tomorrow, and also that person would bring in the K1 folder and she would compare information. Once that was done, they would adjust my case and I would be informed within 5-10 days in writing if I've been approved, if I am, I'd get the greencard in a further 5-10 days, and if I weren't, then I'd get a letter explaining what to do then.

That was it, she said good bye, we left...just as we were starting the car she comes running up to us and said she'd forgotten about the medical...which I was wondering about just then, anyway, so we gave her the envelope, she opened it, said it looked good, looked at the medical stuff from London, said she didn't need it, and was about to go, so I said what about the photo's, and handed those to her, she kind of said she might as well have those as well, me, thinking damn right, those two passport photo's were $11 and I didn't spend that to look like a muppet to just keep the pics

So that was that. We then went off to the mall and puttered around for a few hours and then went to have dinner at Egg-spectations, just past the mall, which, if anyone is in Portland, really recommend it, the food was great, the prices were really good, and also the martini's were lovely...oh, and they have some really awesome dishes with eggs, but it weren't all egg's

Then on the way home we made a stop at Freeport to look around LL Beans, and I finally exchanged something that I got last year that broke straight away, but never got back there with, and that was exchanged without a problem, and then a nice quick drive back home. Loads of cops in there end of month quota, but that was it...we're well knackered, and gonna polish off the rest of the vodka
Old Apr 25th 2005, 1:54 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well that was interesting...headed off around 8am up to Augusta and then did Sam's club shopping, most gutted that they didn't have any hard liquor, but oh well...then headed up to Portland, and was well impressed because there was practically no traffic and we made awesome time, alot quicker than expected, so we went to Target and puttered around for a bit as Target is only 5 mins down the road from the district office. So about 12:30 we got to the office, waited in the car park and had sandwiches for lunch, 10 mins later, we're in the building, which is rather small....same security guy from last time who is about a million years old and really friendly, after we'd signed in, we handed him the appointment letter for the AOS and he took care of everything, we just sat around. Only a couple other people there, some Somalians changing address and someone else getting fingerprints for EAD.

Just after 1 the DAO came out, a few mins late, but not bad, and we went into a tiny office behind the metal detector. She swore us in, and then sat down....very amusing woman, very serious suit, yet she was wearing Birkenstocks and fluffy socks
Well the whole thing took about a half hour....she asked us where and how we met, how often we saw each other since, what I got my degree in and where. Then she asked for the tax records and only kept this years tax filings and transcripts and gave the other years back to us, she also gave us the folks co-support, so there off the hook as we didn't need them after all. She then said that the records still had the wrong apartment number, out by a factor of 10, even though it was right on there system, it wasn't on the main one, so she'd sort that, again. She then looked through the wedding albums, couldn't be bothered with current photo's since. Also took the most recent cable and electric bill and gave the rest back. Went over the forms to make sure everything was correct, and then I signed it as such. She then photocopied the missus passport.

This is where it got interesting, as she said we'd got everything she needed and the outcome looked promising, but because the person that signs off on the security check only comes in on a Tuesday, that that would happen tomorrow, and also that person would bring in the K1 folder and she would compare information. Once that was done, they would adjust my case and I would be informed within 5-10 days in writing if I've been approved, if I am, I'd get the greencard in a further 5-10 days, and if I weren't, then I'd get a letter explaining what to do then.

That was it, she said good bye, we left...just as we were starting the car she comes running up to us and said she'd forgotten about the medical...which I was wondering about just then, anyway, so we gave her the envelope, she opened it, said it looked good, looked at the medical stuff from London, said she didn't need it, and was about to go, so I said what about the photo's, and handed those to her, she kind of said she might as well have those as well, me, thinking damn right, those two passport photo's were $11 and I didn't spend that to look like a muppet to just keep the pics

So that was that. We then went off to the mall and puttered around for a few hours and then went to have dinner at Egg-spectations, just past the mall, which, if anyone is in Portland, really recommend it, the food was great, the prices were really good, and also the martini's were lovely...oh, and they have some really awesome dishes with eggs, but it weren't all egg's

Then on the way home we made a stop at Freeport to look around LL Beans, and I finally exchanged something that I got last year that broke straight away, but never got back there with, and that was exchanged without a problem, and then a nice quick drive back home. Loads of cops in there end of month quota, but that was it...we're well knackered, and gonna polish off the rest of the vodka
Sounds as if things went swimingly for you today. Glad you and the missus made a day of it too!

I'm sure you'll be approved. Looking forward to hearing the good news shortly.

NC Penguin
Old Apr 25th 2005, 2:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Bob and Mrs. Bob!! ]

Rene
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:09 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Woooo!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Well done! I am very proud of ya!!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all

Hi,

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU

Speedy full approval.....................

Speedy Green card

Sue
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:23 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suess
Hi,

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU

Speedy full approval.....................

Speedy Green card

Sue
Hiya Suess!!
What's up girlie?
Today was my FIRST day of work!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers guys
Always really nice when there's people to help go through it all and know what it's actually like....

i've even posted to that site Rete goes on about, the first one for Portland, ME for a couple years by the look of it *lol*
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:16 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

CONGRATS!!!!! No doubt you will eagerly be awaiting the official approval but Im sure that wont be too long in coming.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:19 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Cheers guys
Always really nice when there's people to help go through it all and know what it's actually like....

i've even posted to that site Rete goes on about, the first one for Portland, ME for a couple years by the look of it *lol*
GOOD JOB!!

Marnee
Old Apr 26th 2005, 12:38 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So that was that.
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Apr 26th 2005, 12:50 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoo, Bob!!!!!

I bet you dollars to donuts that you will have your green card in the mail in 7 working days from today.

BTW I enjoyed Augusta when we were there two years ago this summer. Nice town and capital.

Thanks for listing your experience on Kamya ... very much appreciated.

Rita
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:08 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Yahoo, Bob!!!!!
I bet you dollars to donuts that you will have your green card in the mail in 7 working days from today.
Nah!!! it will be at least 13 days......
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:10 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Nah!!! it will be at least 13 days......
I'd say 15 days from yesterday before Bob gets his GC.

NC Penguin
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Glad everything went smoothly, Bob!

Elaine
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Garfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really nice

Congrats! almost ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.