got the letter yet, my fiance called the BCIS number and first time he
called, they said we have to wait for the letter for 14 days no matter
what. We waited, but it didn't come. It's already passed 14 days so he
called them again and they said the letter actually takes 30 days to
receive, and if we didn't get the letter by september 8th, they are
going to use some letter tracking system and then they will send the
letter again which takes another 3, 4 weeks. Was anything like this
happened to anybody before? I feel like they are trying not to let us
get married. Please give us an advice. Thank you.

P.S we are applying for K1 visa, dealing with CSC.

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

tonynbetty is an unknown quantity at this point

We have gone through the same thing only we have had it since the beginning. We never got our first NOA. Then online it was posted that they sent a letter to us and it had been returned. We have been calling since then and keep getting the same........wait 30 days speech...............and still have recieved nothing and our filing date was confirmed as June 1. We have had no response. No approval. No RFE. Nothing. We are going for a K3. Good luck and I hope you hear something soon.
Sorry you are having to deal with this. Good luck.
Betty
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where is our RFE?

Originally posted by Miffy
Hello,

We got notice on the internet for RFE on 8th of august. And we haven't got the letter yet, my fiance called the BCIS number and first time he called, they said we have to wait for the letter for 14 days no matter what. We waited, but it didn't come. It's already passed 14 days so he called them again and they said the letter actually takes 30 days to receive, and if we didn't get the letter by september 8th, they are going to use some letter tracking system and then they will send the letter again which takes another 3, 4 weeks. Was anything like this happened to anybody before? I feel like they are trying not to let us get married. Please give us an advice. Thank you.

P.S we are applying for K1 visa, dealing with CSC.
The idea that CSC is trying to keep you from getting married is a bit of paranoia, even for us K-1ers who have received RFE's

You guys are right to stay on top of things, however. Unless things have changed since I got my RFE back in March, you get only 12 weeks to respond to an RFE with the evidence requested, or your application is denied. I got my RFE letter 3 days after it was issued from CSC. 30 days seems like an awfully long time, and definitely more than twice as long as the normally quoted 14 days.

So when you call back on the 8th, see if you can escalate your call past the low-level contractors who answer the phone, and get connected with a real BCIS person (or at least a contractor with some authority) who can actually tell you on the telephone what additional evidence is being requested by CSC. If they put you in the letter tracking system and you are told it will be another month, *gently but firmly* press for having your call escalated to someone who can actually tell you what you need to know. Emphasize the fact that you have only 12 weeks to get back to CSC, that there is no guarantee that the deadline clock will stop running just because you don't have the RFE letter yet (although it should) and unless you know what CSC wants, you might not have enough time to collect up whatever it is CSC is asking for.

If you want a bit more muscle and assurance, after you get put into the letter tracking system you might try contacting your Congressperson's BCIS liaison, and see if they can find out what your RFE was for. They sometimes get better results.

Good luck!
Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:49 pm
Miffy

Hello,

My fiance called BCIS number on 9th, but all they could do was took
my fiance's address and phone number, then fax the report that we
never got the RFE letter to CSC. They said CSC will contact my fiance
within 30 days and then letter will come within 3 or 4 weeks. It's
taking for ever and we can't believe them anymore. Is there any way to
contact CSC directly?

Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:30 pm
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm, my RFE was dated August 29th online, and I got the letter by September 3rd. I'm not sure what you can do about it, but it certainly seems as though they're making you wait a bit too long. Or at least longer than normal.

Last edited by Kae; Sep 22nd 2003 at 7:06 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 10:17 am
Ron P

what was your rfe for?"
"Kae" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > hmm, my RFE was dated August 28th online, and I got the letter by
    > September 3rd. I'm not sure what you can do about it, but it certainly
    > seems as though they're making you wait a bit too long. Or at least
    > longer than normal.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:08 pm
Kae
Forum Regular

For writing "N/A" to answer the question asking to list the names of all previous spouses instead of writing "None." Trivial, but I have been told the I-129f form is treated like a lawful contract. So I can understand why they nitpick at the word choice like that.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:04 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kae
For writing "N/A" to answer the question asking to list the names of all previous spouses instead of writing "None." Trivial, but I have been told the I-129f form is treated like a lawful contract. So I can understand why they nitpick at the word choice like that.
Being legally free to marry on the date the I-129f is filed is a very basic eligibility requirement. N/A could be read that you don't think this questions applies to you (not applicable), however the USCIS is not interested in whether or not "you" think this questions applies to you. "They" "NEED" to know whether or not you have been married before, and if so, they need proof to show that the prior marriage ended and that you are now legally free to get married.

There is nothing nitpicky about it (although I could write better instructions to make it more clear about the form of acceptable answers to this particular question on the forms).

M.U.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:10 pm
not a newbie

soulsender is an unknown quantity at this point
Default speaking of the whole N/A-none question...

ok silly question but what if you wrote "none" then next to that "N/A" can you be hosed for that?
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 12:53 am
Ron P

you can call the director of the center
"soulsender" <member11088@british_expats.com> wrote in message
    > ok silly question but what if you wrote "none" then next to that "N/A"
    > can you be hosed for that?
    > --

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 2:17 am

Why didn't you do what they told you to do?

"soulsender" <member11088@british_expats.com> wrote in message
    > ok silly question but what if you wrote "none" then next to that "N/A"
    > can you be hosed for that?
    > --

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 4:37 am
g60
Just Joined

g60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k3

i just sent my k3 application for my wife, and i believe i answered "n/a" instead of "none" on the same question (question 10: Names of Prior Husbands/Wives). should i expect my application to be returned to me for RFE because of that? geeez, i hope not... i havent seen my wife and kids for almost a year now and i feel like im dying already.

i think this site is great....gives me hope...and makes me think and nervous sometimes.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 7:08 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k3

Originally posted by g60
i just sent my k3 application for my wife, and i believe i answered "n/a" instead of "none" on the same question (question 10: Names of Prior Husbands/Wives). should i expect my application to be returned to me for RFE because of that? geeez, i hope not... i havent seen my wife and kids for almost a year now and i feel like im dying already.

i think this site is great....gives me hope...and makes me think and nervous sometimes.
It is possible that you will get an RFE. However, don't worry too much - if that is all that is wrong, they will simply want an explanation of what you mean. RFEs are often dealt with swiftly once they are received back by the service center - ours was. It only held up our approval by a few days. Good luck.

Debbie
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 7:30 am
Kae
Forum Regular

Don't worry, if you get an RFE like I did for only that reason, your petition would be approved within about 4 days of them getting their response back from you. And they only sent the RFE letter, explaining exactly what it was they found to be an error, and well as a photo copy of the page the error is on (highlighted no less).

In my case I ammended the response on the photo-copy as well as sent in a complete I-129f form with the ammended answer to the question. I don't think it was entirely necessary for me to sent in a complete ammended I-129f, but I wanted to play it safe just incase.

My application was approved just 4 days after NSC recieving my response. So what is all this rambling about? Don't worry, getting an RFE shouldn't extend your wait time very long at all.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 2:38 pm
Ron P

they lost it
"." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Why didn't you do what they told you to do?
    > "soulsender" <member11088@british_expats.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > ok silly question but what if you wrote "none" then next to that "N/A"
    > > can you be hosed for that?
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.