Wikiposts

Where to File I-130

Old Jun 8th 2008, 6:55 am
Just Joined

ROCA06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to File I-130

Hi, everyone,

After being messed around by the USCIS, i decided to join a few forums.

After reading some of this information, i just want to cry.

My husband (USC) and i got married last July, but he's been in the country since Last June, i sent off our I-130 believing that we cold file in London. They sent it back because i sent copy fo visa and not of the entry stamp. Re- sent it and got it returned again, they said that we could'nt file for it here. Howerever i just read Consular Offices Abroad Resume Accepting I-130 Immigrant Visa Petitions. It seems that we could of applied there for it, but now we are in long que waiting for visa to be processed.

Is there anything i can do to make a complaint etc?
Old Jun 8th 2008, 7:53 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to File I-130

Originally Posted by ROCA06
Hi, everyone,

After being messed around by the USCIS, i decided to join a few forums.

My husband (USC) and i got married last July, but he's been in the country since Last June, i sent off our I-130 believing that we cold file in London. They sent it back because i sent copy fo visa and not of the entry stamp. Re- sent it and got it returned again, they said that we could'nt file for it here. Howerever i just read Consular Offices Abroad Resume Accepting I-130 Immigrant Visa Petitions. It seems that we could of applied there for it, but now we are in long que waiting for visa to be processed.

Is there anything i can do to make a complaint etc?
Can you please first explain who is where?

You got married July 07: where?
Your husband, a US citizen, lives where? For how long?
You (UK citizen) sent an I-130 to ? London ?

What's the current status of who/where/when?

Briefly, if a USC has been living outside the US on a permanent basis (including appropriate resident visa/status), they should be eligible to petition via the Consular or Overseas USCIS office.
If they have not been genuinely resident abroad, the filing is usually not accepted and the USC is instructed to file through their US Service Center.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:49 am
Just Joined

ROCA06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Can you please first explain who is where?

You got married July 07: where?
Your husband, a US citizen, lives where? For how long?
You (UK citizen) sent an I-130 to ? London ?

What's the current status of who/where/when?

Briefly, if a USC has been living outside the US on a permanent basis (including appropriate resident visa/status), they should be eligible to petition via the Consular or Overseas USCIS office.
If they have not been genuinely resident abroad, the filing is usually not accepted and the USC is instructed to file through their US Service Center.

We got married in the UK, and my husband lives in the UK and has since june 07. My husband filed a I-130 to London in January. My husband first came in on a fiance visa (I've forgotten what it's called) and then we changed his visa to a leave to remain visa, which is for 2 years, and he is also able to work on it. Currently we have a I-130 filed and pending in the USA. Filed date in april 2008. Also a I-129F filed and pending may 8th 2008.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:39 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROCA06
I understand your frustration at the process, but at least you and your husband are together. There are folks here who have been separated from their spouse for a year or more. You are one of the lucky ones.

Ian