Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Where do you get the photos done???

Where do you get the photos done???

Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:32 pm
I love my sailor.

Marjeta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where do you get the photos done???

Q: Where do you guys get your INS style photos done?
Last time I tried the local Walmart, Kinkos, and a couple other places, but they're all like "Sorry, we ONLY do passport style, BYE!!!".
A while ago the only place that I could find that did them was a private student photo lab at Kent State, which is out of the way for me. So I was wondering if there are any other options to consider. Thanks!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:35 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do you get the photos done???

Originally posted by Marjeta
Last time I tried the local Walmart, Kinkos, and a couple other places, but they're all like "Sorry, we ONLY do passport style, BYE!!!".
A while ago the only place that I could find that did them was a private student photo lab at Kent State, which is out of the way for me. So I was wondering if there are any other options to consider. Thanks!
I got my adit pics done at Moto Foto (sp.?).

Juliet
Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Hi

I did a search on SuperPages.com, use the "Photographers Passport & Identification" category.

Once the list was displayed I rang a couple to explain what I wanted. Both places knew exactly what I was talking about but the prices varied considerabley - from $15 for 4 to $12 for 2!

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:51 pm
I love my sailor.

Originally posted by Karen D
I did a search on SuperPages.com, use the "Photographers Passport & Identification" category.

Once the list was displayed I rang a couple to explain what I wanted. Both places knew exactly what I was talking about but the prices varied considerabley - from $15 for 4 to $12 for 2!
Eh, the only one that comes up in my area is Wallgreens, and I'm pretty sure I already tried that once without success. I might try again... Thanks.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:58 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

I went to a mall around here and went to a smaller shop who said they had been doing them for yrs..

sears did not do them to size.. and some other places didnt ..

so maybe the small shop you may have overlooked?

good luck
Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Eh, the only one that comes up in my area is Wallgreens, and I'm pretty sure I already tried that once without success. I might try again... Thanks.
Wow, what a choice! Which city are you near?

Maybe a business potential there!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:00 pm
I love my sailor.

Wow, what a choice! Which city are you near?

Maybe a business potential there!
Yeah in the Passport and ID category, that's the only one that comes up her in Akron (?). And no, I wouldn't do bussiness here.

Last edited by Marjeta; Nov 21st 2003 at 3:09 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Depenging on where you are in Ohio
http://www.biomed.amp.ohio-state.edu/photo.htm

http://www.barbianphoto.com/faqs.htm

615 Main Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah in the Passport and ID category, that's the only one that comes up her in Akron (?). And no, I wouldn't do bussiness here.
Wow, there isn't much is there. When I do that search, 3 come up but they are all Walgreens.

This came up under Digital Imaging:

King Louie Photography
814 Bloomfield Avenue, Akron, OH 44302
(330) 835-9142
(330) 352-1425

Worth a call? Maybe they can advise if they don't do it.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:20 pm
I love my sailor.

Wow, there isn't much is there. When I do that search, 3 come up but they are all Walgreens.

This came up under Digital Imaging:

King Louie Photography
814 Bloomfield Avenue, Akron, OH 44302
(330) 835-9142
(330) 352-1425

Worth a call? Maybe they can advise if they don't do it.
Thanks for the help. I'll figure something out!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

blenky16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help. I'll figure something out!
I did mine at Walgreens. I told them that it was for INS, but that it was exactly the same as a passport picture with a slight head turn... showed him the instructions and voila, had it done!

I also had a friend of mine who owns a local travel agency take a set with her polaroid camera that she uses for passport pictures.

USCIS has never had an issue with any of my pics.

Now on one set I trimmed down the picture to make sure I was in the "regulation" size, but other than that, any one with a polaroid camera for passports can do them!

I think maybe the staff just don't know what a "Immigration picture" is, so you get the "sorry we don't do that"... just go in, tell them it is the exact same as a passport (in terms of dimension and closeness), but that you need to turn your head to show the right ear.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Sean
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:15 pm
I love my sailor.

Originally posted by blenky16
I think maybe the staff just don't know what a "Immigration picture" is, so you get the "sorry we don't do that"... just go in, tell them it is the exact same as a passport (in terms of dimension and closeness), but that you need to turn your head to show the right ear.
In my "research" they usually knew exactly what they were, but it didn't seem like they were willing to do them. IMHO anybody with passport pics equipment could do them if they wanted to...
Anyway I called the nearest Wallgreens and they said they would, so there is still hope.....
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevelisaw is an unknown quantity at this point

In my "research" they usually knew exactly what they were, but it didn't seem like they were willing to do them. IMHO anybody with passport pics equipment could do them if they wanted to...
Anyway I called the nearest Wallgreens and they said they would, so there is still hope.....
As you said Kent State are you in Northeastern Ohio? Steve had his last set done at a Precision Photo Photograpy which is in the Canton area. (We are in North Canton)

http://www.shuttleoneservices.com/photo.html

Lisa
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:31 pm
I love my sailor.

Originally posted by stevelisaw
As you said Kent State are you in Northeastern Ohio? Steve had his last set done at a Precision Photo Photograpy which is in the Canton area. (We are in North Canton)

http://www.shuttleoneservices.com/photo.html

Lisa
Yep, we live up in C. Falls, so we're actually closer to Kent than Canton. But thanks for the link.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

blenky16 is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL... well you could just go in, say passport picture please, then turn your head at the last second!!! LOL.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Sean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.