Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

When should I start calling NVC

When should I start calling NVC

Old Nov 26th 2003, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough
Default When should I start calling NVC

Just got our approval yesterday according to on-line status. How long should I wait before I start calling the NVC to find out if they've received our petition? Just wondering...I'm very eager to start calling but I don't want to harrass them.

MarDae
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

jk2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When should I start calling NVC

hi .. well i was aproved on 4th november and my papers sent to the embassy of Peru on 19th november.. so i think you could start call after a week of aproved

good luck!!!

jk
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:06 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

I was told that when you receive the NOA2 in the mail (not the online version), then start calling NVC if you feel the need to (like we all do)
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by CharlieS
I was told that when you receive the NOA2 in the mail (not the online version), then start calling NVC if you feel the need to (like we all do)
I think that sounds like a good plan. I hope that all the Christmas cards that are out there don't slow down the mail too much Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

MarDae
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

From the time lines the received varies from a few days to over a month. I gave them four days nd have been calling every day since...They don't seem to mind.

Originally posted by MarDae
Just got our approval yesterday according to on-line status. How long should I wait before I start calling the NVC to find out if they've received our petition? Just wondering...I'm very eager to start calling but I don't want to harrass them.

MarDae
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

From the time lines the received varies from a few days to over a month. I gave them four days nd have been calling every day since...They don't seem to mind.

MarDae
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:58 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lpdiver
LOL! We just got our approval this morning online---think they'd mind if I called 'em this afternoon? LOL! (I'm *NOT* impatient!)

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (Approved on day 181, NSC)
5/29/03 1st NOA
11/26/03 2nd NOA online

Last edited by SecretGarden; Nov 26th 2003 at 5:04 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:00 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

MarDae
Hey there MarDae

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR APPROVAL :PARTY: yay!!
I would call in just to remind them.. They get paid to work
Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:08 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SecretGarden

Can you repeat that Secret?
We couldn't read you lol
Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi MarDae,

The people at NVC are very nice, and they never minded me calling them once or twice a week for 10 weeks! :-) I'd give it about a week and then call. You might even find out your case has come and gone, and you'd have extra good news! :-)

Rene
Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:10 pm

Originally posted by SecretGarden
LOL! We just got our approval this morning online---think they'd mind if I called 'em this afternoon? LOL! (I'm *NOT* impatient!)

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (Approved on day 181, NSC)
5/29/03 1st NOA
11/26/03 2nd NOA online
what did you mean?
Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:12 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
what did you mean?
I meant that we got approved this morning and was hoping that NVC would have my file already. LOL! Just kidding. I think I'm a little giddy from seeing the online status change.......

~SG and Mr. P
Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:14 pm
The Missus

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Can you repeat that Secret?
We couldn't read you lol
LOL! I know! I think the internet has completely fallen over......posts are going on twice or not at all! Anyway, I edited the original post to read something this time!

~SG
Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

warpedbored is an unknown quantity at this point

MarDae
They are nice there. I almost didn't mind the lack of information the lady was so nice. I would wait two weeks to call. My NOA 2 was Nov 7th and when I called they told me they received it the 18th but it hadn't been processed yet. Odd that it took 11 days to get there from NSC but then again nothing NSC does surprises me anymore.
Carl