Whats this 15yr Rule??

Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:41 am
Peach & Dexy

dexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nice
Question Whats this 15yr Rule??

Just what is this 15yr Rule?? I have read in some posts this laste week?
Dexy.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 5:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats this 15yr Rule??

Originally Posted by dexy
Dexy.
care to explain the context in which you read that from?

Could mean anything by itself.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 5:09 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Probably relates to the eligibilty for a waiver of inadmissibilty on the grounds of criminal convictions, but like you say, without context from the OP this is just a WAG...
Old Nov 6th 2005, 5:10 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Think it's this:
An immigrant alien who is ineligible under INA 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(I) is eligible to apply for a waiver of ineligibility under INA 212(h) (see also 9 FAM 40.21(a) PN2) if it is established to the satisfaction of the Secretary of Homeland Security (DHS) that:
(1) The activities for which the alien is excludable occurred more than 15 years before the date of the alien’s application for visa;
(2) The alien’s admission to the United States would not be contrary to the national welfare, safety, or security, and
(3) The alien has been rehabilitated.

Source: http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0940021aN.pdf
Old Nov 6th 2005, 6:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
just a WAG...
Oh, that is a good, new-to-me one. Steal with your permission? <g>
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably relates to the eligibilty for a waiver of inadmissibilty on the grounds of criminal convictions, but like you say, without context from the OP this is just a WAG...
Hi:

It could also be the "55/15" rule on exemption for english language requirement for naturalization, also.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other "15 year" time periods in the INA.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:11 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Oh, that is a good, new-to-me one. Steal with your permission? <g>
Of course: just think Stravinsky, and do it without permission
Old Nov 6th 2005, 11:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

It could also be the "55/15" rule on exemption for english language requirement for naturalization, also.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other "15 year" time periods in the INA.
and that's if the OP got the 15 year bit right...
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:20 am
Peach & Dexy

dexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nice
Smile Re: Whats this 15yr Rule??

Originally Posted by Bob
and that's if the OP got the 15 year bit right...
Thanks, 15yr rules explaned.
Now, whats a WAG?
Dexy.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:13 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Dexy.

Just curious Dexy-where are you at now, progress wise?
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:43 pm
Peach & Dexy

Smile Re: Whats this 15yr Rule??

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Just curious Dexy-where are you at now, progress wise?
Cindy, oh my, thanks for asking, Well the truth is....we are all mixed up (Peach & me).
I just called about the I-130 and it was forward to London on the 2nd Nov 2005.
I guess that means I will be sent a package with what is needed for interview Etc, I already have here the X-RAY from Birmingham fro when they sent the packet for the 129-f, I hope that will still be ok (as in 12mths Etc)
We have a small detail that we need to satisfy them, but in there words "it is only a small detail" being 2004 tax return from my co-sponsor, and, the dreaded "birth cert" for her, not having parentage on it, they said this will do at interview.
My wife di call from State-Side to NVC and I forget which number, AND the person she spoke with says...."we should not have filed a 129-f because we are married allready.........you tell me Cindy??lol talk about brain twizzzz....Anyway, thats the least of our worries, I will get excluded on grounds of criminal background Etc, so we are going the "plan" route and then it will be the waiver I-601.
You are kind for asking about us and my wife and I thank you for your interest.
God Bless.
Dexy & Peach.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:59 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Cindy, oh my, thanks for asking, Well the truth is....we are all mixed up (Peach & me).
I just called about the I-130 and it was forward to London on the 2nd Nov 2005.
I guess that means I will be sent a package with what is needed for interview Etc, I already have here the X-RAY from Birmingham fro when they sent the packet for the 129-f, I hope that will still be ok (as in 12mths Etc)
We have a small detail that we need to satisfy them, but in there words "it is only a small detail" being 2004 tax return from my co-sponsor, and, the dreaded "birth cert" for her, not having parentage on it, they said this will do at interview.
My wife di call from State-Side to NVC and I forget which number, AND the person she spoke with says...."we should not have filed a 129-f because we are married allready.........you tell me Cindy??lol talk about brain twizzzz....Anyway, thats the least of our worries, I will get excluded on grounds of criminal background Etc, so we are going the "plan" route and then it will be the waiver I-601.
You are kind for asking about us and my wife and I thank you for your interest.
God Bless.
Dexy & Peach.
Aw bless, the 129F SHOULD be filed IF you're doing the K3 route, which is the NON immigrant spousal visa. However I do believe you guys were going to go with the regular immigrant visa which is based on the 130, so the 129F was not needed, UNLESS you wanted to come over here and wait until the 130 was approved. Since it already has been, you're on your way with the immigrant visa, which means not having to mess about with EADs and you will be getting (hopefully, ) a green card shortly after the sucessful interview.
DO get all your ducks in a row for the waiver though, that may well take 8-10 weeks to be recycled through IF it's deemed necessary.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 1:22 pm
Shocked of Redmond

Now, whats a WAG?
Dexy.
Well, I'm just taking a Wild-Assed Guess, here, but...
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:05 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Wild-A$$ Guess?

Regards, JEff

Now, whats a WAG?
Dexy.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:29 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I'm just taking a Wild-Assed Guess, here, but...
Hi:

Early computer speak borrowed a lot for World War II military slang -- things such as SNAFU and FUBAR. WAG was in the same category.

Personally, I prefer RTFM.

Given my personal appearance, I'm kind of fond of "UTSL" ILO RTFM. Its nicer.

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free." Paul Simon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.