What should I do?

Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

ControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant future
Default What should I do?

I've posted about this before, so sorry for repeating myself, but I really don't know what to do. Let me explain the situation...
I am married to a USC and am filing for AOS using the Dallas Rapid Adjustment program. I had my interview on July 18 this year which went well. However, I was told I needed to send in more supporting evidence for the I-485. Also I needed to obtain a copy of my co-sponsor's birth certificate.
I sent the additional evidence in, but there was a delay getting the birth certificate as my co-sponsor was born in Alabama and she had to send off for a copy. I finally got it and sent it in a few days before the time limit was up.
I received the NOA for the I-130 about a week and a half after the interview, but I still haven't received the NOA for the I-485. As soon as I receive it, I am supposed to make an appointment to have my fingerprints done.
So basically, nothing is happening. I don't know what to do. The USCIS is supposed to contact me if they don't think they can complete the process within 90 days, but I haven't heard anything so far - even though it seems doubtful now that it will be completed within that time.
I realise that my only option is probably to make an InfoPass appointment, but I just thought I'd see if anyone had any other suggestions or advice first. Dallas is a 7 hour drive away and I don't particularly relish the idea of driving all that way for nothing - especially with gas prices the way they are at the moment!
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

CF
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What should I do?

Your 90 days haven't started yet. Even it had it is only 6 weeks since July 18th submission of incomplete documentation. I believe your 90 days will start with the receipt of the additional documentation.

Originally Posted by ControlFreak
I've posted about this before, so sorry for repeating myself, but I really don't know what to do. Let me explain the situation...
I am married to a USC and am filing for AOS using the Dallas Rapid Adjustment program. I had my interview on July 18 this year which went well. However, I was told I needed to send in more supporting evidence for the I-485. Also I needed to obtain a copy of my co-sponsor's birth certificate.
I sent the additional evidence in, but there was a delay getting the birth certificate as my co-sponsor was born in Alabama and she had to send off for a copy. I finally got it and sent it in a few days before the time limit was up.
I received the NOA for the I-130 about a week and a half after the interview, but I still haven't received the NOA for the I-485. As soon as I receive it, I am supposed to make an appointment to have my fingerprints done.
So basically, nothing is happening. I don't know what to do. The USCIS is supposed to contact me if they don't think they can complete the process within 90 days, but I haven't heard anything so far - even though it seems doubtful now that it will be completed within that time.
I realise that my only option is probably to make an InfoPass appointment, but I just thought I'd see if anyone had any other suggestions or advice first. Dallas is a 7 hour drive away and I don't particularly relish the idea of driving all that way for nothing - especially with gas prices the way they are at the moment!
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

CF
Old Sep 1st 2005, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

ControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rete
Your 90 days haven't started yet. Even it had it is only 6 weeks since July 18th submission of incomplete documentation. I believe your 90 days will start with the receipt of the additional documentation.
So I guess I should just wait then.
Ugh! And there I was thinking the major stress would be over once I'd had the interview!!

CF
Old Sep 8th 2005, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Still nothing!
How long should I wait before I do something?
If I write to them, will they respond, or is that a complete waste of time as well?
Help!

CF
Old Sep 9th 2005, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I've made an InfoPass appointment. What do you think I need to take with me (apart from the obvious photo ID and NOA for the I-130)?

CF