Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What is purposed travel?

What is purposed travel?

Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:14 pm
Dullard

mrnelson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is purposed travel?

On my checklist form I'm being asked to provide the date of purposed travel...

Does that mean any dates I may be unavailable for my visa interview, or does it mean when would I like to enter the US with my visa, or something else?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is purposed travel?

Originally Posted by mrnelson

Does that mean any dates I may be unavailable for my visa interview, or does it mean when would I like to enter the US with my visa, or something else?
It sounds like a typo, and they mean "proposed travel". The date you intend to travel to the USA, is my guess.

Rene
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:25 pm
Dullard

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It sounds like a typo, and they mean "proposed travel". The date you intend to travel to the USA, is my guess.

Rene
I have no idea when I intend to move out, as it depends on when I get the interview, when I can sell my house etc...

The damn form it's one of three important things i have to fill out before I send off the checklist, and I just have no idea what to put in there...

Can anyone who has filled one of these out let me know what they put?

Thanks

MrN
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No, it is the date you wish to travel to the US after approval of the visa.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea when I intend to move out, as it depends on when I get the interview, when I can sell my house etc...

The damn form it's one of three important things i have to fill out before I send off the checklist, and I just have no idea what to put in there...

Thanks

MrN

Well if you don't know than you leave it blank. However, you are aware that you must travel with the validity period of the visa.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:31 pm
Dullard

Originally Posted by Rete
Well if you don't know than you leave it blank. However, you are aware that you must travel with the validity period of the visa.
OK, I just hate leaving it blank.

And yes I'll be moving during the valid period even if I have to crawl through razor wire to do it!

thanks
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:32 pm
Concierge

Then don't and put in unknown; undecided; etc.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

MrN
You could put "flexible". "After visa issuance". "When pigs fly" (probably not a good one). "Summer 2009".
It's not a test, they're just asking in case you do have a deadline to make. The Fiances get a little uptight about getting right over to the US.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we wrote something like "ASAP after visa is issued"

Rene
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:14 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by meauxna
You could put "flexible". "After visa issuance". "When pigs fly" (probably not a good one). "Summer 2009".
It's not a test, they're just asking in case you do have a deadline to make. The Fiances get a little uptight about getting right over to the US.

We left ours blank.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:15 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

MrN,

It seems you've answered your own question right there.

But with regard to sale of the house, keep in mind that the visa will be valid for a limited period of time.

Regards, JEff

... it depends on when I get the interview, when I can sell my house etc...

MrN
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:09 am
Dullard

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
MrN,

It seems you've answered your own question right there.

But with regard to sale of the house, keep in mind that the visa will be valid for a limited period of time.

Regards, JEff
Thanks guys.