Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What are NVC playing at

What are NVC playing at

Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default What are NVC playing at

Hi just want to post and see if anyone else is in the same situation.

AOS bill PAID, DS3032 received and email sent to me saying so. AOS package received and accepted.

no IV Bill.

My wife phoned NVC 3 or 4 times in the last week they keep telling her the IV bill will be generated once DS3032 has been accepted.
she told them we have the email saying so but they dont want to know and just keep going on about DS3032.

it took them 1 day to approve a 60 page AOS document but they saying it takes 20 days to approve the single page DS3032.
ITS so frustrating aaaaaaaaarrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry
Old Apr 29th 2012, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

halfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nice
Default Re: What are NVC playing at

It took nearly two weeks for my IV invoice to be generated following receipt of the DS-3032. Had the invoice through last week so looks like we are working to the same timescale!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

cheers, it just seems so darn slow
Old Apr 30th 2012, 1:47 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

It took about 4 and a half weeks for the NVC to do all our paperwork. I followed a thread on a different forum where people would post their timelines, and everyone at that point (about March last year), had roughly 4 weeks at the NVC.

At the time I felt frustrated as it seemed they were not doing anything with some of our paperwork, and then suddenly, it was all done!

Please do not worry, it's natural what you are feeling, we've all been through exactly what you're going through right now

Last edited by Brucky; Apr 30th 2012 at 1:49 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brucky
It took about 4 and a half weeks for the NVC to do all our paperwork.
Well, to be fair... it probably only took a few hours to do your paperwork. The rest of the time was spent waiting for your file to come to the top of the guy's pile.

There are a lot of people who believe that once they submit paperwork, that someone starts working on it right away... and that's just no so.

Ian
Old Apr 30th 2012, 6:13 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

.ignore

Last edited by Brucky; Apr 30th 2012 at 6:17 pm. Reason: Forgot the reason why I rarely post here now
Old Apr 30th 2012, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brucky
It took about 4 and a half weeks for the NVC to do all our paperwork. I followed a thread on a different forum where people would post their timelines, and everyone at that point (about March last year), had roughly 4 weeks at the NVC.

At the time I felt frustrated as it seemed they were not doing anything with some of our paperwork, and then suddenly, it was all done!

Please do not worry, it's natural what you are feeling, we've all been through exactly what you're going through right now
thanks for the info.
our i864 was approved just waiting for iv bill,my wife hs all the paperwork ready to go.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 6:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Point of clarification: the consular officer who processes the visa application will approve the I-864. Or not. The NVC merely checks to see that the I-864 package is complete, it does not determine if the sponsor meets the requirements.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by redarmy990
our i864 was approved just waiting for iv bill,my wife hs all the paperwork ready to go.
Old May 1st 2012, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Point of clarification: the consular officer who processes the visa application will approve the I-864. Or not. The NVC merely checks to see that the I-864 package is complete, it does not determine if the sponsor meets the requirements.

Regards, JEff
thanks jeffreyhy.we didnt know that.
Old May 1st 2012, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

NEW UPDATE:

so my wife and i both received emails from NVC this morning telling us that i need to send in th DS3032.

This is the same said DS3032 that i got an email about last week telling me it was approved and all contact would go to my agent ie the wife.

i really dont think they know what there doing at all. my wife spoke to them 3 times last week and they said DS3032 received.

come on NVC get a grip.
Old May 1st 2012, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice

Wouldnt it just be easier to priority mail the form in and have done with it?
Old May 1st 2012, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

alls well we just a while ago received our iv invoice by email.

peaksy we got told it would be quicker to email.

unfortunatley i put a zero too many on the lnd number so we mailed the ds3032 and it all got sorted.
all withinthe last few hours.

yeahhh
Old May 1st 2012, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice

Spot on mate!
Old May 1st 2012, 3:52 pm
CR1 VISA

Brilliant
Old May 1st 2012, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

halfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nice

Great news, really pleased for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.