what next? ds-160

Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

hondzia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what next? ds-160

yesterday i filled in aplication form ds-160 via internet, my question is what next? is some1 from embassy is going to call me or mail me? or i have to contact with them? is any1 know how that works?

Last edited by Bob; Mar 26th 2010 at 8:58 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 9:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what next? ds-160

Originally Posted by hondzia
yesterday i filled in aplication form ds-160 via internet, my question is what next? is some1 from embassy is going to call me or mail me? or i have to contact with them? is any1 know how that works?
Sounds to me like you have to call them to schedule an appointment:

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...interview.html

Rene
Old Mar 27th 2010, 12:54 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

If you finished filling out the whole application form, you shoud be able to print out a page with barcode. If you've got to this stage, you should have submitted a photo electronically as well. You still have to pay for the application fee and make a visa appointment as indicated on the consulate/embassy website. Bring all your supportiing documents to your interview.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lifehouse51
If you finished filling out the whole application form, you shoud be able to print out a page with barcode. If you've got to this stage, you should have submitted a photo electronically as well. You still have to pay for the application fee and make a visa appointment as indicated on the consulate/embassy website. Bring all your supportiing documents to your interview.
what if i didnt add pic on this aplication? i tried but it doesnt work, so can i add photo after when i print this document and just put on aplication so i can bring to embassy? or i must add pic to electronically as well?
Old Mar 27th 2010, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

what if i didnt add pic on this aplication? i tried but it doesnt work, so can i add photo after when i print this document and just put on aplication so i can bring to embassy? or i must add pic to electronically as well?
and yes i get everything on my e-mail address my application with barcode . but i couldnt add photo on it? can someone please tell me what should i do?
Old Mar 27th 2010, 1:19 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

and yes i get everything on my e-mail address my application with barcode . but i couldnt add photo on it? can someone please tell me what should i do?
Without the electronic picture, the application is NOT completed. Your application will be rejected at the consulate/embassy even if you bring the photo with you, as far as I know. Since it sounds like you already submitted the application, you should start fresh and work a fresh new application. Make sure you submit your electronic photo this time. There are very specific photo specifications, and that may be why it wouldn't accept it before.

For Eg. It has to be 600X600 Pixels, less than 240 KB in size, Color Photo in JPEG format.

Edit: Follow the instructions on here closely, I assume that you're applying for B-2 Visitor Visa: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/b2.html
Old Mar 27th 2010, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Without the electronic picture, the application is NOT completed. Your application will be rejected at the consulate/embassy even if you bring the photo with you, as far as I know. Since it sounds like you already submitted the application, you should start fresh and work a fresh new application. Make sure you submit your electronic photo this time. There are very specific photo specifications, and that may be why it wouldn't accept it before.

For Eg. It has to be 600X600 Pixels, less than 240 KB in size, Color Photo in JPEG format.

Edit: Follow the instructions on here closely, I assume that you're applying for B-2 Visitor Visa: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/b2.html
OHH NO...is there any other way how i can edit my application, or i have to start it again?
Old Mar 27th 2010, 1:28 am
Busy at Work

OHH NO...is there any other way how i can edit my application, or i have to start it again?
I haven't submitted a new DS-160 application myself, so I don't know the answer. I have only tried looking at site to get a sense what questions and how long it'll take. But my impression is yes, you have to go through the application again. However, if you have saved the partially completed form to a computer file on your computer, you can upload it to the site again and it'll save you some time.

Make sure you read all the instructions, completely fill out everything before submitting it.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

I haven't submitted a new DS-160 application myself, so I don't know the answer. I have only tried looking at site to get a sense what questions and how long it'll take. But my impression is yes, you have to go through the application again. However, if you have saved the partially completed form to a computer file on your computer, you can upload it to the site again and it'll save you some time.

Make sure you read all the instructions, completely fill out everything before submitting it.
thank you so much for your help.have nice day