Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What is the new Kii visa about

Wikiposts

What is the new Kii visa about

Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the new Kii visa about

Originally Posted by suzanneUK
Ahh long story there! He was here on a spousal visa and was applying for his Indefinate Leave to Remain but due to having the worst solicitor in the world and a mess up by the Home Office he was removed last week.

We are waiting to see if and how he can get back. Its a very long and complication story!

Sorry to hear that. Wow the UK moves a heck of a lot faster in removing aliens than they do in the US. 1 2 3 and you are gone. Not here. At least you get to go before an immigration judge before boarding the plane.

Hope it works out for you.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:53 am
Just Joined

suzanneUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and thanks for the info. Is the I-130 a very complicated application then? I was under the impression is was just a formality?

Sorry if I sound naive I havent really looked into it from this end yet.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Sorry to hear that. Wow the UK moves a heck of a lot faster in removing aliens than they do in the US. 1 2 3 and you are gone. Not here. At least you get to go before an immigration judge before boarding the plane.

Hope it works out for you.
Aw thanks for that. Yes they took him on Good Friday and he was on the plane the next Friday!

We should of had a judical review before he left but didnt have a competent solicitor! We are in the process of suing him also.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and thanks for the info. Is the I-130 a very complicated application then? I was under the impression is was just a formality?
The I-130 is not just a formality, it is the first necessary step towards an Immigrant Visa. How complicated it is depends on how well one can handle paperwork and details.

The whole process, in my opinion, is not very complicated if you are organized and detail oriented. But there are those who prefer using a lawyer to have peace of mind that things are being done right.

Rene
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:08 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if I sound naive I havent really looked into it from this end yet.
Hi:

I don't think its complicated -- especially if this is the only marriage for both of you. If there are prior marriages you have to document the termination of those marriages by death or dissolution.

Many people do it themselves -- if you are the type that can follow instructions. However, the instructions are so detailed that many people get sidetracked.

Some people do their own federal tax returns, many go to a professional preparer like an accountant. I used to do my own -- perhaps I still could -- but I use an accountant.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

daisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the rough

For advice on getting him back to the UK, please checkout http://www.uk-yankee.com
You should be able to get some pretty good info there.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I don't think its complicated -- especially if this is the only marriage for both of you. If there are prior marriages you have to document the termination of those marriages by death or dissolution.

Many people do it themselves -- if you are the type that can follow instructions. However, the instructions are so detailed that many people get sidetracked.

Some people do their own federal tax returns, many go to a professional preparer like an accountant. I used to do my own -- perhaps I still could -- but I use an accountant.
Hi I dont have any problems following instructions BUT my husband hasnt lived or worked in the US for at least 4 years so will have to look into the rules and regulations incase that goes against us.

Thank you for your advice, its really a great forum
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by daisy
For advice on getting him back to the UK, please checkout http://www.uk-yankee.com
You should be able to get some pretty good info there.
Hi thanks ever so much for the link. Our MP here is getting us all the information needed to try and get him back asap and we have his support so we are pretty much relying on him!

It looks a good site though and as they say you can never have too much information!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The I-130 is not just a formality, it is the first necessary step towards an Immigrant Visa. How complicated it is depends on how well one can handle paperwork and details.

The whole process, in my opinion, is not very complicated if you are organized and detail oriented. But there are those who prefer using a lawyer to have peace of mind that things are being done right.

Rene
Thank you, I think I will take a look at it now.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Oh I have taken a look at the I-130 and it looks really simple. I guess all the difficult forms are the ones you file afterwards! lol
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I think I will take a look at it now.
Also look at the I-864, this is another very important document (Affidavit of Support) which your husband will need to qualify for in order for you to immigrate to the USA.

Always use www.uscis.gov, Immigration Forms, for the most current forms and fees.

Rene
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I dont have any problems following instructions
What happened with your husband's application again?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
What happened with your husband's application again?
I / we didnt do anything, I wish we had then we wouldnt be in this mess.

I hate to sound offish but I really dont want to go into it, its such a long boring upsetting story and we are trying to get it resolved.

Last edited by suzanneUK; Apr 6th 2008 at 5:14 am.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Also look at the I-864, this is another very important document (Affidavit of Support) which your husband will need to qualify for in order for you to immigrate to the USA.

Always use www.uscis.gov, Immigration Forms, for the most current forms and fees.

Rene
Hi again and thanks for the link and info, I have taken a look at the I-864 and although he is not working at the moment we do have a little money saved and I have a CV so I will be looking for work also. I hope this will be sufficient - I will probably be able to earn more than him and I wonder if they take that into account if he doesnt earn enough to be sponsor.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:29 am

Hi again and thanks for the link and info, I have taken a look at the I-864 and although he is not working at the moment we do have a little money saved and I have a CV so I will be looking for work also. I hope this will be sufficient - I will probably be able to earn more than him and I wonder if they take that into account if he doesnt earn enough to be sponsor.
In order for YOUR income to be included, it has to come from the same source in the USA as it was in the UK. They won't take future employment on the I-864, it has to be current.

You can use assets, but they must be 3x the amount you would have needed in income. Let's say the required amount of annual income is $18,000. You would need to show $54,000 in savings or property to qualify using assets.

You can use a joint sponsor who qualifies, if you guys don't. Any USC or PR, 18 or older, living in the USA, can be a joint sponsor.

If you don't have anyone who can be a joint sponsor, then hubby will have to find a job and be earning the right amount of income by the time he is required to turn in an I-864. Has he been filing his US taxes from the UK? He will also need to show the most recent 3 years of US tax returns.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.