Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What is needed/ where to send to open a Provisional File in London?

What is needed/ where to send to open a Provisional File in London?

Old Dec 16th 2002, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Amo mi Británico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is needed/ where to send to open a Provisional File in London?

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to make sure that I am passing along the correct information regarding what my British fiance needs to send in to have a provisional file opened in the UK. I told him that there were some forms that he could download off of the US Embassy website, and just wanted to make sure that they were these:

SIGNED:
DS-230-I -- Biographic Form (Part I)

UNSIGNED:
DS-156 -- Nonimmigration Visa Application
DS-156k -- Nonimmigrant Visa Application Supplement (Fiance)

Also, I read somewhere in the forum that you can send your forms ahead of the IV 15 compilation, it doesnt matter if you do not have all on the IV 15 list, get it in as early as you want, any time saved will be a bonus. Is this true as well?

I plan on typing up a cover letter for him to print off and sign. One of my big questions though, is what address to we send all this info off to, and addressed to whom???

Thanks so much for reading this.
Old Dec 16th 2002, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hi,

the following is the address to which to send the documents for the Provisional File

Embassy of the United States of America
Visa Branch, 5 Upper Grosvenor Street, London W1A 2JB

I put the address on my cover letter and then put,

Dear Sir/Madam,

It seems to have work, since my fiance now has a provisional file opened. We sent in the checklist before the police certificate came because that's all he needed to complete it. However, if you need other items, like marriage/divorce papers, service papers, etc. You may want to get the ball rolling and then send off the checklist a week later. We're still waiting on CSC to approve our petition. Our 1st NOA receipt date is November 5, which may give you an indication as to how things are moving along. By the way, do you speak spanish? I'm from the SF bay area as well Glad to know there are a few of us out there.

Buena suerte a los dos

Adios,

Kat y Chris
Old Dec 16th 2002, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Amo mi Británico is an unknown quantity at this point

Hola Kat!

Si hablo Espanol! I'm actually trying to get better at it since I'm a bit rusty. Yeah, I think I remember you saying you were from the Bay Area...cool! I'm actually apartment hunting right now to move back into San Franciscio. I'm currently in Oakland at the moment. Seems like we're both in the same ball park in terms of NOA dates and stuff. We should keep each other posted with our progress!

Thanks for the information! I really don't know what I would do without you and all the wonderful people on this forum that have been so very helpful!...Guess the only right thing to do is to keep helping people like you and others have helped me. Seems only right.

Well take care! Now I'm off to check the status of our app!