Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What the..... Interview already!

Wikiposts

What the..... Interview already!

Old May 10th 2004, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Luton_girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What the..... Interview already!

Originally posted by tcylinder
I thought they tell you if you've "passed" or not at the interview and stamp your passport with the I-551?

Kansas City, doesn't stamp passports on the day, and she didnt say that we had passed or that we didnt pass..she said we would hear within 90 days..so keeping fingers crossed for the next 8 days, and hoping we hear something.
Old May 10th 2004, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

culverabbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't realize that my wife's passport will get a stamp giving her conditional permanent residence (since our second wedding anniversary isn't for another year). That's great news. I'm hoping the universities here will recognize this so that she can go to school as a new york resident rather than a foriegn student as they charge double or triple the tuition!

John
just to let you know... the school should be able to enroll her as a pending applicant for AOS which means that she wouldnt have to apply as an international student. Also, since shes married to you, if you've maintained NY residency for the past year, she can use your residency (just has to show the marriage certificate and give your drivers license/voter registration numbers!)... That's what my hubby and I have done and we pay in state tuition. Hope that helps with the school issue!

abbie
Old May 10th 2004, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrsm,

Any new info on the medical situation? I'm not sure if we have to have a medical done before the interview and I haven't had time to call or research as of yet.

Let me know if/when you get any new info and I'll do the same.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the procedure for K1, but I am presuming that your wife submitted a medical to USCIS at some point? If not then she does need to have one before the interview. Otherwise as I mentioned before, USCIS has extended the validity of previous medicals to Jan 2005 (if filed concurrently with I-485) because they are so costly.
Here is some info I found,
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDmedext.html

Last edited by mrsm; May 10th 2004 at 1:20 pm.
Old May 10th 2004, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought they tell you if you've "passed" or not at the interview and stamp your passport with the I-551?
This is what I was referring to earlier (probably not making myself clear, as usual) that results of background/name check may not be back by the time of the interview, so you have to wait for that to clear before the passport is stamped. Some people's results are back by the time of the interview and providing they pass the interview then the passport will be stamped that day, otherwise you will be asked to return at a later date for the stamp.

Luton_girl
I'll tell them that we couldn't afford to file any earlier, which is the truth. We were saving our pennies! Hope that you have the news you've been waiting for very soon & good luck