what happens next???

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Luton_girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what happens next???

i filed i-485 and my hubby filed the i-30 back in august we recived a reciept from our local office, and i know the files go on to Nebraska SC, how long is it normally till i hear anything?? and im i correct in thinking i should recieve a temporary green card 3 months from applying?? thanx in advance.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:17 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what happens next???

Luton,

No, you are not correct in thinking that you should receive a 'Green Card' 3 months from filing your I-485.

Eventually you will receive one or two notices from your local BCIS district or sub office, scheduling you for fingerprinting and an interview. Exactly how this will happen and how long it will be depends on the procedures at your local office.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Luton_girl
i filed i-485 and my hubby filed the i-30 back in august we recived a reciept from our local office, and i know the files go on to Nebraska SC, how long is it normally till i hear anything?? and im i correct in thinking i should recieve a temporary green card 3 months from applying?? thanx in advance.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you apply for an EAD - form I-765 (employment authorization document), perhaps that's what you are thinking of. It's not a "Green card". You don't get a temporary green card. If you don't receive an EAD in 90 days/3 months you can go to your local BCIS office and request one, providing you have your receipt. Once you have your EAD and Social security number you can work legally while your AOS case is pending.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:26 pm
Mrtravel

Luton_girl wrote:
    > i filed i-485 and my hubby filed the i-30 back in august we recived a
    > reciept from our local office, and i know the files go on to Nebraska
    > SC, how long is it normally till i hear anything?? and im i correct in
    > thinking i should recieve a temporary green card 3 months from
    > applying?? thanx in advance.

No, you will not get a green card until after you have an interview.
This will normally take a lot longer than 3 months.

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:32 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going through the Nebraska Service Center then I can just tell you that the I-485's currently being processed are from around 08/10/2001...that should give you any idea how long it'll take until they get to yours.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Steffi
If you are going through the Nebraska Service Center then I can just tell you that the I-485's currently being processed are from around 08/10/2001...that should give you any idea how long it'll take until they get to yours.

Thankyou all for posting, Mrsm is correct i applied for an EAD and that is what must have been on my mind, once again thanx all, and goodluck if ur going thru the process.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Thankyou all for posting, Mrsm is correct i applied for an EAD and that is what must have been on my mind, once again thanx all, and goodluck if ur going thru the process.

Good luck to you too
Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mrsm
Good luck to you too

Thanx Mrsm, i was going to e-mail u but u have it disabled ... im like u i overstayed my vw, and i was going to ask u somethings..let me know if i can contact u for a little chat .....thanx
Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanx Mrsm, i was going to e-mail u but u have it disabled ... im like u i overstayed my vw, and i was going to ask u somethings..let me know if i can contact u for a little chat .....thanx
Oh sure, you can e-mail me - I'll enable it .

Last edited by mrsm; Nov 4th 2003 at 3:27 am.