We're scheduled and thinking we might have a small issue

We're scheduled and thinking we might have a small issue

Old Sep 27th 2013, 4:04 pm
Account Closed

TJW & ACW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We're scheduled and thinking we might have a small issue

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Quite!

Drug addicts, convicted felons, and war criminals are denied citizenship. People who fail to declare a mailbox on their list of prior residences are not denied citizenship!
I'm the first to admit we're likely sweating over nothing, but the last 2 months have been stressful with a capital STRESS!!!! from issues unrelated to the USCIS application, but all that stress is draining down toward that in a "What else can happen?!" way.

Even if it had been a residence, I don't think it'd be an issue. After all, isn't it only an issue if you fail to disclose something that would have lead to them making a different decision that they did?

Something like "Oh you didn't list an address...that was involved in a drug raid" that would be an issue.

"You didn't mention you and your husband have a mailbox beside his mother's? Meh."
Old Sep 27th 2013, 11:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TJW & ACW
..... Even if it had been a residence, I don't think it'd be an issue. After all, isn't it only an issue if you fail to disclose something that would have lead to them making a different decision that they did?

Something like "Oh you didn't list an address...that was involved in a drug raid" that would be an issue.

"You didn't mention you and your husband have a mailbox beside his mother's? Meh."
So you finally got around to reading all the responses to your posts?

You're going to be fine!

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 27th 2013 at 11:41 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Fingers crossed--just don't want to get to relaxed. Like I said, every lick of unrelated stress is zeroing in on the naturalization application like a magnifying glass.

So long as you didn't leave a chain of residences off the list, even forgetting a former apartment or home you lived at would be nothing unless something happened there that would go against your application.

We've got tons of documentation ( bills, bank statements, IRS, etc, etc,) that shows that the **7 is where we live and is our primary address for the last 11+ years. The **5 box shouldn't be an issue at all; even they had it they'll see nothing--the last 11+ years having been boring: work, kids, work, kids. So even if they stumble on it, there's nothing to find, nothing that would give them grounds to deny or deport her.

So, as I see, it her best course--in spite of what the legal aide is saying--would be just to answer the questions (as) asked, get in and get out, and if they catch post-interview I doubt they'd say anything.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 7:04 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed--just don't want to get to relaxed.
STOP IT!!!! Relaxing is exactly what you need to be doing! IT IS GOING TO BE FINE!
Old Oct 4th 2013, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

So the best course of action for her--especially right now with all the US govt. BS going on--would be not to mention the other mailing address (which is not a resident, hasn't been used in ages, and is just a mailbox mounted on the same pole as my mother's) at all unless directly asked about past or alternative mailing addresses?
Old Oct 4th 2013, 3:45 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

So the best course of action for her--especially right now with all the US govt. BS going on--would be not to mention the other mailing address (which is not a resident, hasn't been used in ages, and is just a mailbox mounted on the same pole as my mother's) at all unless directly asked about past or alternative mailing addresses?
Yes.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Correct. But the "gov. BS" has nothing to do with it. That would be best course of action anyway.

Rene
Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

From what I can gather about the average interview, they typically just verify the info N-400, check for changes, address any changes or criminal issues--if any, then if you qualify pass you up to the next stage.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Correct. But the "gov. BS" has nothing to do with it. That would be best course of action anyway.

Rene
I figured it'd be best not to give 'em anything--no matter how innocent--that might gum up the works and cause a delay.

From what I've been reading up, leaving off a residence (much less a mailing address, which they don't even ask for to begin with) isn't grounds for material misrepenstation unless the petitioner directly benefits from the omission in the form of getting approval. For it to be material, it has to lead to an approval when you should have been denied. Even then, you can appeal material misrepresntation if you can prove the officer was in error in his judgement.