Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Went for Interview yesterday..

Went for Interview yesterday..

Old Sep 17th 2004, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future
Unhappy Refused K3 yesterday..

Hey folks... I am still waiting... went for my k3 interview in London yesterday and everything seems fine...
visa issuance was delayed due to additional adminstrative processing...
consular was not familiar with my birth certificate (Liberian).
Interview lasted five minutes and all the normal questions were asked..
where I met my wife..
how long we been together
what do i plan on doing in the states
who are the people that signed on our marriage certificate..
ever been to the U.S
where did my wife grow up..
what work she do..
all these questions were answer correctly...
didn't issue my visa because birthcertificate looks like a copy... they are going to verify it and then give me a calll to send my passport back and hopefully I will get the visa..
do you know how long this may take.. and who are they going to contact to verify it.
the easiest thing to do will be to contact my embassy in London..
anyone with a similar experience?
I am dying to see my wife...
today is our anniversary

Last edited by Myharris; Sep 17th 2004 at 12:19 pm. Reason: no reply yet!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refused K3 yesterday..

Hey,

Unfortunately I don't have any answers for you, but I'm sorry you didn't get your visa yet.
It isn't refused though! It's just still being processed. Like they said, they are verifying the birth certificate and then they'll give you a call.

Happy anniversary nonetheless.

Elaine