Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Well I am away to see my Fiance for Christmas!

Well I am away to see my Fiance for Christmas!

Old Dec 22nd 2010, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well I am away to see my Fiance for Christmas!

Want to thank everyone for thier input and opinions regarding our upcoming VWP wedding and my return to blighty Jan 8th.

I feel as if I have aged 20-30 years with weather hindering travel plans and getting to Shannon on Christmas eve morning and about to go through immigration desks, my heart will be pounding 10 to the dozen.

My fiance and I are hoping and praying that with the piles of evidence and ties to the UK and my intent to return to finish the process, they will have some festive cheer within and if it comes to declaring " yes I will be geting married" they will allow me entry.

We have compiled most of the I-130 just requires a copy of the marriage certificate should it happen and a passport photo for each of us, my head is all over at the moment, there was something else but it will be done by the time I am ready to leave.

I am now off to finish my packing, jump in the tub and review my vows and speech....which I left out the bad bits about travel just in case they go through my stuff, the only thing I lack is my suit which i will be using my best mans tailor or getting one off the hanger cheap.....

Any last tips or advice would be appreciated........It will either be the happiest 2 weeks of my life.....or the loneliest Christmas and possibly spent in an airport waiting for a flight back....

Thanks again and hope you all have a very merry Chrsitmas and get what you want. Have a safe, but happy new year also!

Last edited by Wolfy; Dec 22nd 2010 at 9:39 pm. Reason: missing text....a tad excited!!!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 1:47 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well I am away to see my Fiance for Christmas!

Happy travels, Wolfy, and congratulations for the upcoming wedding! Keep us posted, and try to not worry. It's going to be beautiful!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Happy travels, Wolfy, and congratulations for the upcoming wedding! Keep us posted, and try to not worry. It's going to be beautiful!
I know it will, she is the most beautiful woman in the world, mind and heart...It will be a white wedding including the weather, we have chosen a winter wonderland theme so looks as if we going to have exactly that.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 2:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Safe travels, Wolfy. What day in January are you marrying? My first marriage was January 5th, during a snowstorm.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 3:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfy
I know it will, she is the most beautiful woman in the world, mind and heart...It will be a white wedding including the weather, we have chosen a winter wonderland theme so looks as if we going to have exactly that.
Good luck, congratluations, and please post a photo here of your winter wonderland wedding, I'd love to see it!

Rene
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck - all will go wonderfully for you!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
Safe travels, Wolfy. What day in January are you marrying? My first marriage was January 5th, during a snowstorm.
Lol....well its 1-1-11 and there is snow in Michigan again....lol was like that when I first flew out to her.....sat here at manchester with 2.5 hour delay wont get into shannon until 1 am due to cancelations and now our fate lies with the nice chaps at immigration at shannon and i promise to post photos when available...chat soon guys

fingers crossed:fingerscro ssed:
Old Dec 29th 2010, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just to let you all know that after delays and weather my passage was uneventful and arrived safely and in the final stages of wedding plans.

We have the rehearsal on thursday and decorating the venue on friday evening with friends and family.

The passage through and clearing immigration in Shannon was nothing to worry about and was quick.

They only process one flight at a time which made it easier

more details later and wedding pics to follow.....not looking forward to leaving my gorgeous bride behind afterward, but its part of the process

thanks all
Old Dec 29th 2010, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Just to let you all know that after delays and weather my passage was uneventful and arrived safely and in the final stages of wedding plans.

We have the rehearsal on thursday and decorating the venue on friday evening with friends and family.

The passage through and clearing immigration in Shannon was nothing to worry about and was quick.

They only process one flight at a time which made it easier

more details later and wedding pics to follow.....not looking forward to leaving my gorgeous bride behind afterward, but its part of the process

thanks all
Awhhh but the departure will mean you are one step closer to being together! Glad they were good to you in Ireland Have a wonderful day on 1.1.11 or is that 1.1.11
Old Dec 29th 2010, 11:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Have a wonderful day on 1.1.11 or is that 1.1.11
Old Dec 30th 2010, 5:16 pm
Badger Badger Badger

Malashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of light

2 days to go! It'll be awesome