Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

We got our Interview Date!

We got our Interview Date!

Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:42 pm
GiveMeStrength

Default We got our Interview Date!

My fiance went in for fingerprinting today and everything went smoothly. While he was there, he also asked when his interview would be scheduled. They told him they'd like to have it scheduled after his fingerprints are done which would be about 30 days. They gave him an interview date of Jan. 13 and told him they would contact him if his fingerprints are done sooner, in which case they could move his interview date up.

My fiance was in such a good mood when I talked to him today, seems as though his medical exam and fingerprinting all went according to plan and he had no problems.

He also inquired about our I-212 which was originally sent to Arlington. We had been told by one congressional liason that our paperwork was forwarded to Buenos Aires. He asked about the I-212 and they told him not to worry, they have all the paperwork they need and all that is left to do is await the results of his fingerprinting and then go to his interview. I'm sure my fiance was happy with the news that he received from the consulate, thinking that they have received the paperwork and everything is in order, but I'm uncertain of the information that they gave him.

I'm planning on contacting the consulate directly on Monday to find out if they really do have our I-212 paperwork or not.

But, at least we have an interview date!!! Yeah!!!

Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We got our Interview Date!

Originally posted by GiveMeStrength
My fiance went in for fingerprinting today and everything went smoothly. While he was there, he also asked when his interview would be scheduled. They told him they'd like to have it scheduled after his fingerprints are done which would be about 30 days. They gave him an interview date of Jan. 13 and told him they would contact him if his fingerprints are done sooner, in which case they could move his interview date up.

My fiance was in such a good mood when I talked to him today, seems as though his medical exam and fingerprinting all went according to plan and he had no problems.

He also inquired about our I-212 which was originally sent to Arlington. We had been told by one congressional liason that our paperwork was forwarded to Buenos Aires. He asked about the I-212 and they told him not to worry, they have all the paperwork they need and all that is left to do is await the results of his fingerprinting and then go to his interview. I'm sure my fiance was happy with the news that he received from the consulate, thinking that they have received the paperwork and everything is in order, but I'm uncertain of the information that they gave him.

I'm planning on contacting the consulate directly on Monday to find out if they really do have our I-212 paperwork or not.

Congrats........
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! :-)
Old Dec 5th 2003, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

cmstrick is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats! does that mean your I-212 was approved?? i hope so
Old Dec 5th 2003, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Great news! Congratulations
Old Dec 5th 2003, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Philadelphia, Pa. USA/Salva formerly Argentinanow home Cuba
crews1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Deanna,

Congrats to you and your fiance!! I'm so happy for you both. Sounds like smooth sailing from here on in !!

Toria and Salvador

Old Dec 5th 2003, 11:46 pm
GiveMeStrength

Originally posted by cmstrick
congrats! does that mean your I-212 was approved?? i hope so
I really don't have high hopes that its been approved...but, I'm not really sure. I didn't get more than a few minutes to speak to my fiance after he went to the consulate today and I really think that the officer he spoke to today doesn't fully understand our situation...I just don't really know. Hopefully, Monday I'll have a better idea.

If I could have only one thing for Xmas...

Old Dec 5th 2003, 11:47 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 11:48 pm
GiveMeStrength

Originally posted by crews1980
Deanna,

Congrats to you and your fiance!! I'm so happy for you both. Sounds like smooth sailing from here on in !!

Toria and Salvador
Toria,
Hi! Where ya been? Been wondering what is going on your end. I see that Salvador has P3. Give me an update on your situation...seems like our timelines are pretty close now.

-Deanna

Old Dec 6th 2003, 1:24 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIRLIE!!! THATS VERY GOOD NEWS!!! HOW COULD I MISS THIS THREAD???
I am sorry I am late, My hands are shaking as I am typing!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :PARTY: :PARTY:

PS: I will email you tomorrow.. I am going to hit the hay, Yay I am happy!!!!!!!
Old Dec 6th 2003, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Philadelphia, Pa. USA/Salva formerly Argentinanow home Cuba
crews1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Deanna,

Yes, you are right, our timelines are pretty close however because of the CIMT, we have retained legal counsel to review his court papers prior to taking the next step. I'm waiting for the documents to arrive in the mail as we speak. Once we see what we're up against, we can proceed from here. Good luck to you and I'm traveling to BA in early Feb for a visit.

Toria and Salvador

Toria,
Hi! Where ya been? Been wondering what is going on your end. I see that Salvador has P3. Give me an update on your situation...seems like our timelines are pretty close now.

-Deanna